Mics have to be used more

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jul 31, 2017.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

No need to communicate if I play solo

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Exactly. I learned that lesson long before I came to DCUO. It is even worse on a competitive game like GTA where for the most part you can gun down, butcher, murder, torment, torture, etc pretty much anyone who doesn't go into "passive mode". So I always used PS4 parties, and after awhile I realized that I had to make them private because.... Well... When you lead over 1000+ people worldwide it gets reasonably annoying, especially when some of them are guilty of the stuff above. Literally, if you want in a party with me you better hit up my secretary and make an appointment. By secretary I mean me, and by appointment I mean send me a freaking PSN message and maybe I'll invite you if there's room/if I feel like it/if I want to talk to you.

At least with DC the different tabs sometimes mean that people just aren't there anyway, and of course there is that glorious "Push to talk" feature that is turned on and never once mentioned anywhere. I can remember running with a league mate who I had randomly recruited. He was talking but I am very confident now that he never heard anything I said to him.

Ultimately, I've ran everything in this game with zero communication. Mostly before the revamp, but from what I have seen thus far there are only a select few occasions it would be needed. Primarily I stick to my group of friends in the first place, and when I do have to reach out I have quite a few people who I've encountered elsewhere that told me to add them but we rarely ever talk. Still, at least I know they were tolerable. The main reason I would communicate is feat runs.
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I play the game on auto pilot. When i log on i mute the TV, so if a group wants to do a feat or whatever, just type "GC" or "instance chat" etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Wow so many negative responses. 3-5 years ago, that was the norm. We had mics on beating these raids. No one was running paradox wave while the whole group not in chat. If someone is bugging u on the mic let them know and turn them down.

You don't have to stop and type in a heated battle. Don't worry we will see what yall will do when the September content releases. Probably quit the game because communication will be needed again
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

5 years of playing, PS player, have turtle beach wireless headset,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

headset gets left sitting by T.V. and sound is turned off.

PC, PS, doesn't matter, I don't want to hear any of yall's crap after 5 years period.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But... but chips are so yummy.

The Dpad taste gross.

Lick it... you will see. ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Well if you stop taking your hand off the controller and coating it with food, maybe your controller wouldn't taste so bad.

JS!
  8. Rufus T Fyrfly Well-Known Player

I blame the Doritos
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I only use mics with people I play with on a normal basis. Then again I only run content, that needs the use of mics, with people I play with on a normal basis (ie: Elite or Feat runs). So yeah...lol.
  10. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

If God didn't want me to crunch on my mic he wouldn't have made chips so delicious.
    • Like x 1
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I don't get why people can't follow some simple mic etiquette:

1. Mute yourself if you are going to snack, chat with someone in the room (or residence) with you, have screaming kids or adults nearby, use the facilities, etc. It is NOT everyone else's responsibility to mute you because you can't control your background noise.
    2. No playing of music into the chat unless everyone agrees on it; if you have to have your tunes on to play the game, see item 1.
    3. Be polite to each other... this is a game and is supposed to be fun for all, and being rude to others is a fast way to ruin it for a lot of people.

EDIT: An addendum to item 1:

If you are throwing an echo into the chat because your mic is picking up your TV sound, you are the one responsible for fixing this. Use PTT if you have to... or turn your TV down and send all game sounds to your headset.
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

Instance chat should be mandatory..
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I see people listed as being in the chat all the time... but in reality they are in a PSN Party Chat and have their console/game set to prioritize the Party Chat over the Game Chat.
  14. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I always call parents out on their kids screaming and yelling in the background. It always ends in them going on a tirade, usually cursing me out and I always ask myself, are you really saying all this stuff in front of your children? But seriously, go pay attention to your kids.
    • Like x 2