Metal Part II New Vendor Rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Anyone really asked for this rewards?
    Been asking for Hawkgirl chest style, and the Drowned and Thanagar female soldiers hairstyle to go with hats and helmets.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

the neon chrome is tintable and the dark one I believe why it was so desirable
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Dark Metal Chroma? Not tintable.
    • Like x 2
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

good to know because I will never get that or the neon
  5. HEALB4 Level 30

Well here is my answer to all of you guys !!

• Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've given up on neon. :(
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What "dark One"??? The Neon Chroma is the first and only partially tintable Chroma Available. When opening the Neon Chroma box you're given a choice of Black or White Neon Chroma.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This one is not aimed at you Miss Adora, but to the people in this thread in general. All of this moaning and groaning about the price of the Coral Chroma is unfortunately sending a very powerful message to the Devs and powers that be (even if unintended): All that talk up until recently about making cosmetics and other things earnable as part of the game instead of nickle and diming us with gambling boxes was just all talk. I've seen it suggested many times "it belongs in the game and not behind a paywall with layers of RNG". Here it is, a cosmetic that can be easily earned in game with a grind that isn't impossible...and the first thing people do is predictably groan and moan about the price.

Oh, and now the other complaint is that It's not tintable...as if that was something to expect from every chroma released from here on out. Now i'm not saying don't ask for it, or that it wouldn't be cool to have, but from what I recall they never told us to expect that...so your disappointment is self created by unwarranted expectations.

Maybe you don't realize this, but the rewards and styles for any given piece of content is decided upon months prior to finishing the content...back in the planning stages (where they get approval from WB/DC). Which means the things people ask for couldn't even be taken into consideration as they came WAY too late in the process. At the time you asked for Hawkgirl's chest style or any Thanagarian style, they were busy at work figuring out what the rewards and styles were going to be for the Episodes following April's Birds of Prey episode.

It's always "possible" that they can be made and added in at a later time...but considering that's not how they generally operate, chances are we'd have to wait for when they make content featuring Hawkgirl or Thanagarians again. As for the hairstyles, maybe it's not as easy as you'd like to think it is. Those NPCs don't change their styles or body types...so it's simple to stick permanent styles on them. That's not the case with our toons.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well said. This is why I roll my eyes when people complain about styles not being direct purchases.
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

to be fair, I had a dig about the price, meself. but, if I'm being totally honest, that's only because I think it's a bit rubbish. if that was a Black Royal Chroma, I'd be totally ok with the price. I mean, of course I'd like it to be cheaper, but 400's doable, at least. & now that I know that 400 is likely to be the price of a vendor Chroma, I will adapt, accordingly.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Last time I checked when you got a chroma it was all the same name minus the 1,2,3 at the end of each piece.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's still three individual variations inside 1 box.
    • Like x 1
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Its 3 pieces that make up 1 material, it's like a 3 piece box set, sure 1 or 2 pieces may look good alone but it IS a boxset for a reason.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. It's literally THREE variations of a 3-in-1 material. THREE. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all KHALON, the message being sent isn't that they shouldn't put the cosmetics in game as an "earnable reward" it's that they should be fair and reasonable with their pricing.

At first glance 400 marks for a material seems, somewhat excessive, let people have their initial reaction without berating them for having it. No material up until this point has cost 400 marks, in fact I don't think there's anything on the vendors that has cost that much, short of OP collections slightly less than this.

So you've got to allow time for a new precedent to sink in, with that being the case I think there is still ample room to have dialogue and discussion about whether a price is fair and reasonable without being tarnished as a "moaner or groaner" I also don't think it's fair to use the term "easily earned in game" that material is still taking you 4 weeks of playing this content every day to grind out (I know it's triple at the moment, but that won't be repeated), so let's be a little more honest here, especially when it's not the only new cosmetic addition that a player might find desirable.

It's also been added to the vendor well in to the DLC when people are already quite over the DLC or for that matter Metal in general, so it was always going to garner a bit of a reaction.

No one at all is saying they don't appreciate the cosmetics, nor are they saying don't add them in this method. ;)
    • Like x 5
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately we all know that's not what they hear. That has been proven with Marketplace offerings.

I can appreciate what you say about my harsh reaction to peoples initial reactions. It's just that so many people ask for less RNG and seem to forget that for every thing we ask for, there's a monkey's paw effect. 400 marks seems way to high...but that's because people want things immediately. Nobody wants to grind for it. People want it all with minimal effort or sacrifice.

Yeah, people are tired of this content...now. After the next episode drops, they'll get a decent break from it, or they can just do the weekly stuff and earn marks at a slower pace, and then supplement their marks when they do another bonus mark weekend (like they did not too long ago). They also have the option of waiting for this episode to convert to Source Marks and then buy it if they really want it.

But...i'll just walk away from this one. We already know the Devs will take this reaction and spin it the way they do.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

With that being said of course, it isn't our responsibility to ensure the message isn't interpreted in an incorrect manner ;)
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

400 is a little steep for 3 materials, considering we have 1 month left before BOP comes out, then on top of that, if you want the other cool toys, that is 200 a pop plus op is probably about 50 for each level plus gear. Since you can only make 7 marks a day if you don't replay plus raids once a week, that is under 314 marks a month. Yeah you can continue playing after BOP episode comes out, that is if people isn't bored with the episode already or by next month.
  18. Akaiko Well-Known Player

If so, that is a shame. I'm not interested in this chroma because it doesn't fit any of my toons (same for all of the currently added "rewards" this time actually). I don't care about the price, but I don't get styles that I don't like unless it's tied to gear or it's given as a free gift (or I hit the max on seasonal currency on a toon & just spend it for a feat). Perhaps, the next batch that has been hinted will have stuff that I'd like to purchase. I also don't purchase TCs or stabilizers either (I do run the stabilizer duo though).
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I felt a bit pointed at there,I probably deserv it though hehe.Sometimes I just wish they actually listen to what we are asking for and give it and not doing the opposite of what we ask for.One can only dream I guess ;) .I hate complaining on things like this but I apreciate that they give us the option to aquire things from the vendors,I only wish there were more dialogue and action in the right directions for everyone/ most of us :)
  20. Brit Loyal Player

Cool. That 400 Mark pricetag will give me something to do with my marks, since the terrible drop rate on Monitor Energy already caused me to give up on the OP item.
    • Like x 1