Meta research wing.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by BigBadRon, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Doing the Psychosomatic Illness mission with one of my alts, I completed the second fight with Dr Psycho (the one where he calls up lots of illusions of himself). The prompt comes up, "Follow Dr Psycho to Supergirl." But when I go out of the room and up the ramp I hit a door which is only standing partly open and I can't get past it.

Resetting the mission didn't help.

I'm playing on EU PC
    • Like x 5
  2. Harmonica New Player

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried it twice on my low-level hero with no luck then when I tried it in challenge mode with my lvl. 30 I ran into the big steel door at the top of the hallway. Playing on US PC.

Edit: After a bit of jumping around and running all over the place I did manage to somehow "morph" through the door and into the hallway beyond. I don't remember this door being there at all in the past, however.
  3. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Nope, I've never seen a door there before either.
  4. Scarlet Level 30

This is bugged for me too (US PC). The same thing, After the second encounter with Doctor Psycho the door will not open and I am unable to proceed.

Edit: I noticed that someone posted that they had managed to find way through, I went back and was able to find a way past.
    • Like x 1
  5. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Yes, was eventually able to get through the door, but would still prefer that the bug be fixed, rather than having to perform some sort of arcane ritual dance to get through a door. :)

And in the same instance, after rescuing Supergirl there are some barrels of waste to dispose of. The incinerator is in a room alongside the one were you first encounter Psycho. The door into the incinerator room is closed (it wasn't previously) but, as I found out, you can simply walk through the closed door.

Neither of these bugs existed before GU 24 I believe.
    • Like x 1
  6. Maximilliian New Player

Just happened to me now, haven't tried the villain side, but the door after the 2nd Dr Psycho encounter was definitely there and impossible to get past, and yeah, the incinerator room door from the previous encounter was gone like BBR said...
  7. Ezekiel New Player

This has happened to me every time I have run the Challenge recently. The doors are open but the graphics show them to be closed. The door to the room where you destroy the canisters for the feat also has the same bug.
  8. phen0mena Committed Player

Hello,

The missive 'Medical Malpractice' is impossible to complete.

Reason: The "Ardent Meta Patient" does not exist in game.
    Please add this, so I can get it out of my journal.

Thanks,
    • Like x 4
  9. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Are you doing the normal mission or the level 30 challenge? He should show up in the challenge.
  10. phen0mena Committed Player

That is not the same missive, and that one completes normally.
    This is a different one.

Thanks,
  11. Hendrix Well-Known Player

This is also true for the villain version of the "Malpractice" missive mission. The mini boss Ardent Meta Patient does not spawn. You kill the patients outside around the hospital, collect 15 white question marks, get instructed to find and kill the Ardent Patient, a new L-shaped area is highlighted around the hospital, but the mini boss does not spawn.

Note that this mission changed, it used to simply be kill obsessed patients and get 30 white question marks. They added a mini-boss requirement, but the boss doesnt spawn. Note also that the Blight of the Sentinels in Chinatown also has an ardent mini-boss, and that one is working.
  12. Enickma Dedicated Player

I am having the same problem with another ardent boss, so I think it's a bug with all of these missives.
  13. phen0mena Committed Player

I was speaking for the villain quest.

Cheers,
  14. Sytenia Committed Player

I think only the villain mission is broken, I was looking around for that Ardent Meta Patient and saw some heroes killing an Ardent Meta Lexcorp guard or something in the same area.
    It's just that the Meta Patient never shows up, I've been to the area several times to look around with the mission set active but I never found one.
  15. Durath Sa New Player

Every time I try to do this one, I get to the point where you go up the stairs but can't proceed any further as now there is some kind of broken wall/door thing in the way. I assumed I was supposed to move/break it, but there's no option for it. It just sits there and does nothing. Working as intended?
    • Like x 2
  16. Karmapolice Well-Known Player

Yeah, I noticed this too, it popped up in my challenges. There is a spot on the left side of that broken door/wall that you can pass through, at least my small sized character was able too. Still weird.
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

I heard this is on both the hero and villain version and I came across this door as well... but you there is a spot near the little opening where you can go through it as Karmapolice said.
  18. Durath Sa New Player

I'll have to double check... I checked the RIGHT side because it looks like that's where it would open. Hopefully my large size toon will fit through that hole. hate having 1 T1 challenge uncompleted for the week, even if it's only like 3 MoT lol
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

20. WorldsDown New Player

Yes... that's how I got through it Saturday morning. Relieved to hear that it's not just me who noticed this wall being in the way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.