Merging LFG for the good of the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

We have always had a disparity between the faction populations and how many people that want to be heroes or villains. causing the villain side to feel empty at times. the Devs have added suicide squads were queueable content allows crossover between factions. but most people only queue for things they are over geared for.

If we were to merge LFG and letting us build groups from both factions this would instantly make the population a playable one for both sides. we all know in DCUO there are very few differences between the sides as it's and definitely not enough to allow this issue to exist when there is such a easy fix for it.

this change would have no impact on the feat crossovers people complain about, it will only help group building which can be a challenge at times.
    • Like x 9
  2. Saami Loyal Player

While waiting i suggest to play in USPS villain. It has more people at endgame than EUPS heroes.
    Should be no problem unless this game is very low populated atm.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I play on both usps hero and usps villain the problem can be universal dependant on what your trying to run and the day your wanting to run it on.. this will help everyone building groups

no matter if your end game or just wanting to run prime for feats.. a Larger pool means more people swimming :D
    • Like x 6
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Quick Census check (non xbone)
    Toons above 217 (able to play new content)
    Quick census check shows only 300 or so more on Us than Eu. So not much

I say merge the lfg.
    • Like x 6
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What about a single free-for all channel? Not the current LFG or Trade, but a new channel for anything cross-talk. You would still need the ability to group together though....which is probably the sticky point.

Now I have gone in and grouped with a built group as a hero, then after we get into the raid, I leave and bring in my Villain who is then invited to the raid (where possible). It's not LFG, but it is doable as long as the other players are willing to do the inv.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Those numbers doesnt seem too bad. Some of them are propably alts, but still.
    In long run even servers should be merged. It would help EU side.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Ease of grouping is the main reasoning. I'm sure you can work around any hurdle if you jump high enough but bringing the community along for the ride would be the ultimate goal
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well there are still runs you cannot inv to even if you use that method of queue as hero then leave. Also LFG isn't really the problem, cross faction groups are. Until you can inv a villain to a hero group or vice-versa having a channel to shout in for groups won't help that much. I'm not disagreeing with you that we need it, just that the piece that needs to be solved first is the grouping...not the chat. I don't know that there isn't a technical issue preventing that...or if it's just a mindset of 'Heroes and villains don't play together' we need to get over first.

Personally I have a few private channels I'll watch for messages on when on either side...with the current population though, their use is few and far between nowadays.

Reinheld
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LFG and communication in general to be merged for both of the factions.
    • Like x 3
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Then the issue comes that the storylines would strangely merge. In Origin Crisis, heroes would suddenly try to take down Batman for some reason.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

There are no issues with running either hero or villain content in LPVE as the opposite faction now. Take for example the HOD armory mission. I've run it multiple times as most of the legend heroes.

Why would there be an issue in PVE?
    • Like x 1
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Batman’s gotten over it, why can’t we? :D

o/‘ here comes the Cat, marrying the Bat! o/‘
    • Like x 4
  13. Dene Devoted Player

If we have a merged LFG - how will we group together though? EU can't group with US & is it possible to group with opposing factions and i didn't know ? lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think they're working on making operations cross-faction now, correct? So that would solve things for everything but feat hunting and end-game elite (because, let's face it, villains randomly queue for pretty much everything these days and just make do with whoever shows up, lol). Still, having an LFG and ability to actually make cross-faction groups would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Isn't the story right out the window at this point, at least on the villains side. The entire Earth 3 content should have been the Villains being recruited by the Crime Syndicate to take down the invading Justice League. Having Lex and Supes team up like they are best buds made no sense....I don't care that other universe Lex was a 'good' guy, our bad guys are bad guys. I'm semi ok when there is an invasion storyline like Anit-Monitor or Starro....the factions put aside their differences to take down the common enemy (normally resulting in a villain betrayal at the end), but E3 (and the goons for that matter) the villain side storyline was bogus.

Just my opinion, but if salvaging the storyline is the only reason not to merge, it's not much of a reason. I guess if you had a handful of runs that are really villain or hero only (like the Hand Of Fate raids), then let us build a group of cross faction, but then we can't queue those few runs "PlayerXYZ is not the correct faction". that still leaves 95% of the runs that could be grouped and queued.

Reinheld
  16. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I don't know if this could work but we could REALLY use global chat for both factions, it would definitely help with stuff like bounties (AOJ/E3/Starro) or stuff like Applied Science. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

18. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I agree with lfg merge. I am a returning player and it is impossible to get at level players for lower content. Some new players want to play it, not get carried through. Or average the group cr and scale enemies accordingly. Something definatly needs to be done. I played with 3 lower lvs yesterday, t1-2 raids and they said they took no enjoyment in the 3 top tier players that killed everything. This turns away new players. Even me having played it all years ago want to be able to be challanged on my new toon.
  19. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

What I don't get is why it is we can't have Villains as friends, send messages, or invite to instances. I's saying we get to do it in PUG but why can't a villain be like an anti-hero or a hero have a dark side? Makes no sense to me. I have run some stuff with really good villains in PUG alerts & raids (did not know they were villains) and when I send them a tell to say good job, I get that message saying we can't even talk. LFG would be so much easier if Villains and Heroes were together. Imagine trying to run old raids & alerts (that do not drop cats) might be possible
    • Like x 1
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It makes even less sense when you consider that Batman and Catwoman are engaged. As in, to get married.

Not to mention the double date they went on with Superman and Lois.

And all the items that Hal and Sinestro have worked together.
    • Like x 1