Merging LFG for the good of the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Apr 23, 2018.

1. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I hope this never happens fyi. I have zero interest in playing with heroes. I have 5 villains over 217 and I have zero problem in pugging content. I also have one hero and let's just say I enjoy the current division for a reason.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

not currently that was part of my request to merge the chat channel and then also to allow grouping from it not dependant on faction. it would have to do both for it to work
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

a shared LFG with group building shouldn't interfere with your RPG aspect if that's whats holding you back as we already have suicide squad were you have to play with heroes anyway even if you have it turned off it will still place them on your side
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

If you don't want to play with heroes then don't. The quality of the game for others should speak a lot louder than some RPG aspect, after all even in the comics heroes and villains work together many many times, it's just classic.
    • Like x 2
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

opps, the stinking edit timer. :eek:
    This, crossfaction everything and making it so that both factions can be in the same league would be the best thing DCUO can do for villains & heroes alike. Less waiting time in all instances while also helping balance out the players in the two factions.
    • Like x 2
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

They shouldn't merge the channel just so villains can group with heroes or to make grouping easier for either faction.

If your desire is to group with opposite faction just make a toon in that faction.

To me, they just need to refocus on fixing pvp, the villain population was much more populated when there was a challenge in the open world pvp.

The diamond heist, the wars on safe-houses both were live and we'll.

They need to look at the rewards for downing enemy players, when they changed the system to what we have now it took the wind out of pvp and the main draw for even having separate factions.

If everyone is doing the same missions why even have heroes and villains?
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you just fixed your whole post with that last statement and proved why this should be done.

Edit and that in yellow is just silly, this would help all grouping regardless of faction.

Edit 2 PVP iagree should be addressed in a big big way but thats a whole other issue and one that is also very near and dear to my (need to KILL ALL HEROES) heart. ;)
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

I don't think anyone's desire here is to actually play with the opposite faction just for the sake of doing so , most want to have faster queues and be actually able play the old missions without having to wait hours to get in a alert. In some tiers/servers it's not even a question of faster, it's a question of being playable or not (mostly the raids). There are situations where you wait half a day in a queue and it won't pop.

PvP was for sure one of the main reasons people were in the villain side and fixing it is basically a must (that is ignored because daybreak usually considers more fast $$$$ than long term). But we just can't wait till it's fixed and hope they do it right so we have more villains, while we wait for a PvP fix there are more players leaving because they can't queue and there are new players stopping because they can't get into a mission and think the game is dead.

It's not only a question of: poor new players, poor villains, they can't queue. When there are many having a bad experience in the game, it affects everyone and the company, because the population stops to grow, decreases and the number of paying players consecutively decrease, leaving the devs with low resources to run the game and us with less players to play with.

Why even have heroes and villains? Idk, factions are something really fun that let the game have a lot more diversity, but are something that work when a game has a healthy population. Just like multiple servers and game modes, when the population decreases it becomes a big problem, because the players that could be together to make it feel less empty, are fragmented.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

From the looks of it, they are going to be making more cross faction queues available with Operations. They probably will never be able to do the early ones (HoF, OC, Etc.) but a lot of the newer ones SHOULD be able to be adjusted.

Now I just wish they would let us group up beforehand and queue in w/o blind queues involved. (Also open it up to the F2P instances too.)
    • Like x 4
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Trust me
    Nobody cares if they play with you either.

Enjoy the wasteland the V side is
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If the villain mentors weren’t all homicidal and/or egomaniacal psychos I’d probably be rocking a high-CR villain right now :D (hey Catwoman, you willing to take on an apprentice thief? :D)
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The Joker is actually pretty nice once you get to know the real person underneath all the hype. Did you know he likes Paula Abdul, for example? We were eating tacos the other night and talking about college days.
    • Like x 2
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Dude, you hang out wth Mark Hamill? Lucky!!! :D
    • Like x 2
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

At this point, we should able to group with opposite faction. We already have suicide squad, why not make our own group. There are times I'm on my villain and my friends need an extr person for something and ask If I want to come along. When I say yes, need to switch. There are things on my villain , I want to get done or need to but depends on time of day, not enough people on. There are times I have to type something just to make sure I'm not about to dc because chat hardly ever moves on villain side or so slow, that it doesn't move for w while.

At this point, content for both heroes and villains pretty much the same, so no point of not letting us team up just to get stuff done.
    • Like x 2
  15. Chicken Well-Known Player

Yeah, I say after you hit 30 the storylines are pretty much the same. Different boss here different boss there. Whomever the group leader is will be said instance you end up in. It's time to release the made up shackles put on by Hero/Villain. To quote the little dolls from the Toyman missions. I JUST WANNA PLAY
    • Like x 1
  16. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

My one concern would be the immense amount of RP-ish **** talk between the factions that would then fill LFG.
  17. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

For all we know they’d have to throw a ton of resources and trying to find each and every way this could possibly be exploited by the playerbase, and it may not just be the flick of a switch.

However, given the way things have been managed lately, I won’t exactly bet the farm that they wont simply use the ole’ “implement now, fix/ignore issues later” approach. ;)
    • Like x 1