Mentors

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Statman, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Captain Spire New Player

Holy......Real Brainiac looking ships that dont look like cardboard cutouts, more interaction with Mentors and legendary heroes in the city, really good battle/fight music!

Where is this game and how can I play it?!
  2. Abstrakt Loyal Player

i would like to see special back up or mainframe stuff related to your mentor. Maybe lik super man coming in hitting the adds with heat vision then flying off or flash coming in and speeding through giving out power. like a super charge maybe put a long time limit on it make it longer than pvp matches last so it cant be used (pvpers would cry) there but its useable in pve.
    Or let us use the renown weve gotten to allow us the other missions for another mentor but make them level 30.
    I agree with what some one wrote about sophmore year feel that would be great
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The Lair of the Spectre is a mission about the Spectre, not about Green Lanterns. On top of this the DCUO Wiki (I know, it's fan made and not official) lists all the Green Lanterns as having a Tech origin. Meta refers to people with a metagene whose abilities come from a mutation within their body (much like mutants in the Marvel universe) whereas Green Lantern rings are seen in the DC Universe as the most powerful weapons ever created. Without their power rings the human Green Lanterns would have no powers, so it only makes sense for them to be Tech based.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm not the most cynical person on the forums by far and generally am quite supportive, but I get the feeling that a lot of the tweets and dev interactions lately are mostly slight of hand.

Essentially they aren't going to release any tangible info on the DLC 8 until SOE Live so for the most part I think they are just engaging the community in these sorts of threads to keep us talking until the new information is out there for us to actually talk about.

I do know they monitor the threads though and would hope that some of the comments and suggestions are getting noted in any case and may show up down the road.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

k, so how do you explain the Star Labs renown for the Arkillo bounty? I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's how the game classifies it. Personally, I think the post referring to Alien is a fourth category where Lanterns belong.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Probably because all of the "tech" renown is associated with Waynetech specifically.
  7. LaughingRiot Well-Known Player

Exactly, they can't add ever single suggestion everyone's made. Sometimes they have to just do things on their own and hope its a success. They may not like certain ideas people love or even quote ideas, but that doesn't mean they won't take that those ideas into consideration.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i saw the Twitter and Facebook comments related to the Question.... like i said in a prior post in here, Gotham and Metropolis are set up a certain way currently that do not make for a new starting location (easily). I can imagine a new staring place and a new player walks out and has to travel (relatively) far to get to the early missions. then again, would they add more starting missions??

Instead of the possiblity of a Mentor in the current design, they're imagining a new Mentor for a new game design adding to the existing game design. Like a Phase 2 Mentor, whereas the player can enlist with a Mentor of their choosing and do a story arc (missions) related to that new Mentor. Then possibly pick other Mentors to do many other story arcs (missions). ??? Who knows why they asked, or what they may be considering. /shrug. An expansion with new Cities and new missions in Gotham and Metropolis? Will this imagined expansion be free?

They had said in livestreams that they intend to Flesh Out the cities, and so far, it's been for upper ranked content. Last pre 30 addition was Update 2. Crime Bible story. March 2011. (funny watching this old video and they discuss macros *gasp*) I suspect, there will be no new starting location or mentors related to that, nor pre 30 content... ever again. MUUAAAHAHAHAahhahahahaaaaaa (I don't mind being wrong on this)
  9. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

As I said before, and it has to be repeated, it's just obvious they're looking for next DLC mentors (Lightning Strikes was Flash vs Zoom, Home Turf was T.O. Morrow vs Steel, etc.). Personally, for a new DLC, I'd suggest Aquaman vs Manta, Superman vs Doomsday, Flash vs Grodd, etc. Just to expand some in-game storyline.

Or, of course, they might decide to do missions to make people learn their roles, as well as secondary roles, as requested so many times. Maybe it'll give us a solo that isn't the Vault and doesn't require level 30. This is why they might require role-specific mentors.
  10. shaun10656 New Player

atroctius or bane ummmmm killer crock and any mentor that uses earth
  11. Statman New Player

It doesn't have to be repeated, lol. You just choose to! :p

Though, with DLC's being planned at least a year in advance, asking the community for DLC mentors similar to what you mention would be semi redundant, as we don't know the stories they're going for yet! :D It's definitely feasible though, as it brings up what characters are important to us. I did ask for speculations and this is a decent one!
  12. Evil Moopie New Player

WOW! I hope we eventually get events like that in-game. Brainiac invading the middle of Metropolis looked badass. :D