Megzilla left DCUO :(

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Isif Committed Player

Wonder if the forum avatars that she was working on will ever see the light of day.:( Sorry to see her moving on but maybe opportunity was knocking elsewhere. Good luck out there.
    • Like x 6
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Loved her work with the style initiatives AND the Avatar updates.

I wish her well.
    • Like x 4
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Talented young lady.
    Never really had much interaction with her but watching her work grow over the years was a high point to playing the game.
    • Like x 4
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Well, as the first DCUO player to commission Meg to draw my characters, I’m counting myself as a long time fan of her work.

I’m not very much interested in styles and new style items, so I never really got involved in discussions with her here on the forum, but when she was working on my commission she was an absolute pleasure to communicate with, I would say I was fairly demanding in terms of changes and corrections and nothing was too much trouble to make sure I was happy.

A lovely person who will be greatly missed by many.
    • Like x 6
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Great, who's next? -_-
  6. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Seems weird timing with the new company an all... She did good work. Hope she's moved onto something that will make her happy.
    • Like x 4
  7. Mertal Defer Level 30

8. Eve YouTuber

Don't think this is related. Sometimes people just move on to the next best thing. I am happy to hear though that Oceans & Charon are safe and hopefully Mepps, too.
    • Like x 2
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Eh another company could have seen her artwork for DCUO and the positive feedback the community had. They then possibly approached her and gave her a number. The number sounded good so she dipped. That's the nature of the beast. You owe no company your loyalty. They will get rid of you without hesitation.
    • Like x 4
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

She did a fantastic job on a lot of the newer styles so I’ll give her props for that ... I really liked the texturing she used for the “slim line” styles they were less shiny or plastic looking compared to the old ones

She was also quite funny at times so she had that going for her.

I’ve never really seen that big of a deal made about other devs leaving most other then using it as a sign that “this game is ending” rather them being concerned about the persons next endeavor

Tunso left ... no one really cared, spotless left some cared some rejoiced. Didn’t even know nerd of prey left or batuba

I’m convinced if megzilla wasn’t cute most wouldn’t be this concerned ... no offense to her as she did a great job... but I surely can’t be the only who noticed she got more attention then any other dev since spytle when she posted.

Imma say this now if mepps gets canned or leaves this place better be making a big deal about if Meg gets this much attention for leaving
    • Like x 1
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think your underestimating how much people respond to a development team member who is active and engages with the community on a fairly regular basis. I doubt her looks has anything to do with this. She was pretty cool and enganged with people long before she made her camera debut.

When batuba left a lot of the more hardcore players were upset as he listened to those concerns a lot of the time and enganged with them.

Megzilla being an artists would naturally get to engage with a wider breath of players as everyone has their own art tastes.

If Mepps were to announce his departure , there would probably be a massive thread.
    • Like x 7
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah I honestly have no idea what any past or current dev looks like and when I think of them I just think of their icons. I have looked at some of the preview stuff but never really paid attention to their faces or what face is who. Lot of the time I don't even remember if a certain preview had any face cam because I'm just focused on the styles and other neat little things getting shown off (and sometimes the chat, which can be pretty amusing at times). If you asked me to picture Meg, I'd just be like "um.... Circe?" and if you asked me to picture Mepps I'd just be like "um.... that droid thing from a Booster Bundle?"
    • Like x 3
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Eesh. It's possible the majority of players are straight men and lesbians, but defaulting to that position is a little silly and dismissing her supporters as fans because of her appearance is a little myopic. There are plenty of us who are straight women or gay men who wouldn't appreciate Megan for her looks but do appreciate her for her work and persona on streams and the forums.
    • Like x 7
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

==>Thank you Batuba<==
    [IMG]

Also, if you're starting a sentence with "no offense" you very likely are going to offend. Either way, the statement was rude and unnecessary.
    • Like x 5
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Megzilla did some very nice styles, but styles is not where the game is currently lacking. I know she did a lot for the group here in the forums with avatars and custom artwork....and while that is great and will be missed...doesn't add as much to the game as some would make out. Maybe there are some new ones in the pipeline we'll still get down the road, but if not...be thankful for what we've gotten so far. I'd hope whoever replaces her isn't tasked with 'new forum avatars' out of the gate.

She did seem very pleasant on any of the streams she was on, and pleasant people are normally missed. She will be too. I'm hoping the choice to leave was hers and she moved onward and upward.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

Megzilla said she sent a bunch for approval - so we might see them sometimes soon. Other than that, I don't expect anyone else to do this. She probably did it on her free time and it was nice of her to give us new avatars.
    • Like x 2
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Before her, we were definitely lacking in styles lol.
    • Like x 3
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

People forget the dark ages of vendor gear from t1-t5ish. It was bad.
    • Like x 3
  19. Caroline Dedicated Player

This is quite sad and worrying, because it felt like she was the only one listening when it came to long wanted styles and such. I really hope she's doing good though.
    • Like x 4
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I would say dark ages. Iiked some of the styles quite a bit. I didn't mind the bulky armors of T3 especially since we got a suit for every role.

What I think was the downfall had to be the lack of variety. I do think there should a be breath of style options .

A bulky suit here and a more form fitting suit there can't hurt. Currently I feel like creativity as far as suit designs has gone out the window I favor of copy and pasting an iconic character. There needs to be more original suit designs along with the iconic. More styles based on different cultures maybe a Hassasshin inspired style , a really samurai set, shining knight inspired style , something inspired by sword and sorcery complete with loincloth and bikini armor for both genders lol. In the 80 plus years of DC super hero looks have gone through a wide range of designs. I definitely think styles have skewed the opposite direction from t1 to t5 and they are better simply because they are pretty much replicas of things we already like and not presenting something new for me to (or very rarely do).
    • Like x 1