Listen to your community before it's too late.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Taerah, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Taerah Active Player

I'm a DPS main and I've noticed how hard it can be to find a support role for your group so a year back i decided to make a controller to help out and to try something new.
    Now the problem on my controller is that I struggle to find anything else than 1-man or 2-man instances, where my character does not shine at all.
    Queue times are getting longer and longer because players would rather stand around than to play the game.

We need updates to the current powersets, it's been stale for far too long.
    We need new powersets, this is a PVE game.
    We need new movement modes & movement mode styles.
    We need ally favor detectors. (Similar to Nth Metal Detectors)
    We need raid walk-ins so we can get all those raid feats done.
    We need updates to PVP so we can take a break from PVE.

Trust me I want to open my wallet and buy the 3-month subscription, I wanna wait for stabilizer sales and open up 40 times capsules because it's fun, I want to put money into new artifacts & allies to alter my playstyle but what happens after that? Do I just stand around in House of Legends all day? That's my biggest fear.
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I can only agree with your first request and also the ally detector and walk ins but those two are mostly just minor things the game has as of today bigger problems that will hopefully be adressed very soon ;p
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

until there's an official dev post, stop speculating, you're just making yourself seem a bigger fun vacuum than you already are
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

i didnt announce or claim anything in that post i think your just looking for someone to let ur anger out sad frustration :)
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

we all know what you're talking about, and the comment was chock full of snide
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

What does „we“ mean? Thats just YOU assuming it.
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don't understand the animosity with these posts. The OP listed points of contention they have with DCUO in its current state (I am indifferent, just saying), and zNot responded cordially and listed where he disagreed.

Should zNot have been more detailed in explaining why he disagreed?

I don't understand the reason for the angry reaction.
    • Like x 7
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

honestly, the only one of the those things that we "need", as far as I'm concerned, is the content walk-ins ( or, at the very least, an adjustable queue size system ). the rest I can take or leave. also, I don't really understand the "do I stand around the House of Legends all day" remark. there's tons to do in this game. tons. I get it, if you're bored with it, that's cool, but saying there's nothing to do all day except standing 'round in the HOL is just plain old wrong. I suggest a wee break. go play some Lego Star Wars. Lego Star Wars is always good. you can play as Lego Darth Vader. awesome.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Z says or has been implying he knows about nerfs coming up or something and through a few threads has been making comments alluding to them without actually backing anything up, so ppl are getting annoyed
    • Like x 3
  10. Dene Devoted Player

LOL @ lego star wars

Jokes aside - there is literal a TON of things to do in this game.. but ppl are so focused on "getting gear" that they just freak out once they are caught up with it
    • Like x 3
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt react angry because i wrote „you“ in big letters? Weird assumption once again - i disagree because most of the point OP listed are minor or some of them are unrealistic like PvP or new Powerset that we chewed a million times and the devs given enough responds about it the way i structurd my sentence is my way of answering i dont need to satisfy you with it. I think you guys just have a issue with me saying changes are coming get over it.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Where did i say that? Quote me on that,me saying that changes are coming somehow implies whatever you guys are thinking about?
  13. Taerah Active Player

All i'm saying is we need more stuff that are engaging to players, episodes aren't enough, only for a couple of weeks.
  14. Taerah Active Player

You can go play lego, i'm not a child, the fact that you even brought up lego star wars is pretty questionable, so i'm not gonna argue.
    I guess you're with the devs on this, figured, that's why your game is EMPTY.
  15. Taerah Active Player

Pvp and new powersets, you're talking like those aren't two of the biggest factors that an MMO needs, just from reading your comment i can tell that you don't know much about games. Nothing wrong with that, just, i'm not gonna waste time on your opinion cause it's irrelevant.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

You actually think your suggestions are gonna save this game almost everything you listen is completly irrelevant in keeping a games population and retention of players and shows that you have no clue about the games current issues that are discussed alot here on the forums. People have been requesting for PvP and powers for years have you even read the responds by the devs? I think the devs know more and better then any person on this thread and if they decide not to work on x and decide to work on y they have a reason for that as i said i agree with ally detectors and walk ins but those are QoL changes and not gamechanging features.
    • Like x 1
  17. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

“Listen to the community” lmao good luck with that
    • Like x 2
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

They're not. I'm not sure who died and made you the Pope of MMORPGs, but you clearly haven't been following what's been going on with this game.

Only a few % of players use the new powersets and they are a lot of work, while new artifacts are used by most, which is why they're being added. Watch this and educate yourself about how many players use the last few powersets added: (2) DCUO: Most Popular Powersets - YouTube

PvP "balance" hurts PvE, through nerfs, not to mention PvPers generally always having been a minority in this game, not willing to spend money (even fake money on soders), and being a nuisance (because of all the complaints about imbalance, ganking, hacking, abusive language in chats, etc), so when the devs had to keep someone happy - they chose the people who pay the bills. Good riddance, if you ask me. It's enough having the few dueling muppets in HoL shouting abuse at each other.
    • Like x 1
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" I am not a child."

you are literally playing a game where you're pretending to be a superhero, bruv.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

alright, Lego Batman, then!
    • Like x 1