Listen to your community before it's too late.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Taerah, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I didn’t say you did, and I did not mean to infer you had. If you re-read the chronological order of the exchange of posts you had with OneWhoLaughs, he got angry at you. I didn’t understand why he got angry at you since you said nothing inflammatory and simply stated your reasons for or against what the OP said. But now I think I’m angry at you also.
    • Like x 3
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Oh I thought you meant me with being angry my bad ;) i mean we two always get along so all good!

Regarding the person who responded to me first that person is almost always passive aggressive towards me because i vehemently have talked and complained about problems and it has become a increasingly more popular topic on the forums lately which this person always claimed the issues do not exist or claims doesnt need a fix so hes hating on me whenever he can for speaking about these topics him calling me names like fun vaccum i cant imagine how this person would act if we didnt have strict forum rules and if that person reads this all i wanna say is „TheOnewholaughslast“ wins.
    • Like x 1
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The only real problem is that we don't get enough new content to keep us busy before the boredom sets in. Everything else takes a back seat unless its a severe bug that prevents us from playing the game. This is the only reason why everything is so slow moving. What we need are new dlcs every two months and thats just not realistically possible.

Keep in mind i don't disagree. Changes and updates and fixing bugs should be constantly worked on and are great but right now we've chomped at our "Sins of Black Adam" carrot to a point all we have left is the string.

Now would be a really good time to livestream the next dlc...
    • Like x 3
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I just don't like how zNot gloats at every given opportunity when a nerf is discussed. He was literally first to comment and brought up something that had nothing to do with OP whatsoever. Had those threads not been deleted last week I could link you a ton of examples.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Okies :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Okies. I had no prior context to base your response off of so it confused me.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Let's unpack some stuff here, starting with the title. After all, listening to the community can be tough when the community only rarely agrees on things. So any list of things that someone says the game "needs" can easily be shrugged off or completely disregarded because that person can't and doesn't speak for the community as a whole. No one can, really.

Queue times are long? Well, when you've got relatively new content available, seasonal content up and running, spotlight weeks that can pull a lot of players to one piece of content and the entire game available for play and progression, queues for group content are going to be long. The population is going to be spread out as a result, and there's no guarantee the group content you want to run is going to pop.

As others have already said, there's plenty of things to do in the game. If all a player can think to do is just stand around a hub twiddling their thumbs, that's on them.
    • Like x 5
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nah, you gotta go with Lego Jar Jar. EVERYONE knows he's the true Sith Lord. :D

• Like x 2
  9. zNot Loyal Player

You have no examples because you are lying i litteraly only did comment on one of those threads about that topic (which all threads were deleted),i commented and i said something like „im not surprised a nerf is coming the devs already mentioned they will look into it“ you are full of lies calling me names and claim these things dont need a fix honestly that tells enough about your agenda and your viewpoint about the games integrity.
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

see? this guy gets it!
    • Like x 3
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, there's no real way for devs to keep up with the content demands of a player base. It takes the devs months to make a piece of content or episode, and players can play through it in a matter of hours.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You have a history (and reputation for that matter) of twisting claims made by dev to “support” your claims. So when any news that slightly goes along with anything you say, you go and run wild with it. Then do subtle remarks to elude to such topics without outright saying them. It’s a very common thing with you actually.
    • Like x 3
  13. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

A long history.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s the thing with topics like this thread. This particular community is one of the most spoiled MMO communities. Not saying there aren’t things that need to be fixed in this game. But a lot of what people complain about are pretty laughable. Every single MMO has a roller coaster population. When a new dlc comes out the population spikes. As dlcs get older populations decline. People are making it seem like this is something exclusive with dcuo.

On top of that dcuo is a very niche market. Because of the very nature of the content devs do not have unlimited creative rights to do everything they want. An MMO based around dc comics means that anything that’s added can’t break established lore. Content also tends to follow current or upcoming dc trends.
    • Like x 2
  15. zNot Loyal Player

That litteraly has nothing to do with what he just claimed about me also i will not announce or claim something thats not official and me saying changes are coming is subjective to my own viewpoint that could mean litteraly anything its not my problem that you guys think about whatever and lets not derail the thread further.
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The other problem is that the more content we have - the more spread out the population becomes, so the harder it is to access and complete any older episodes. I've returned to the game mid last year on EUPC/PS and I have been playing a lot - yet there are still numerous regular EEG raids and alerts - not to mention elite versions - I have not set foot in, especially on villain side. I don't know how this problem can be addressed in the MMORPG genre which not gaining popularity.
    • Like x 3
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again, elude to things without outright saying it. Very common for you. And yes, you do commonly make claims that the devs have not confirmed. IE art swapping. Very common for you to do.
    • Like x 1
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Lego Batman was okay, but the games got better as TT refined the gameplay formula. Personally, I was really diggin Lego Dimensions until the bottom dropped out of the toys-to-life market. So I console myself with Lego DC Super-Villains. Lot of fun stuff to do in there. :)

Oh, and I'm not a child, either. I was there when the original Pac-Man came out. You're never too old for Lego.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is why I am excited about Shock to the System since it is being written by Leon Chills. Since he is a writer for DC Comics, what he creates for us will follow cannon and will something new just for us.

I personally am very excited about this collaboration taking place with Mr. Chills and Daybreak. I hope other DC writers will be interested in engaging with Daybreak to create content for us (I am referring to story lines, I am aware Mr Chills is not writing code or programming the mechanics of the game).
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why even pick Controller? The easiest role to learn but the least desired for small group content.

The queue times will pick back up in April after the new episode drops. Then the queue times will die down again in the summer before the next episode hits. This happens every year between episodes which is why we have events in between to keep people logging in.

True.
    True.
    We don't need new movement modes but I do want to see a teleportation variant to super speed. They need to fix the bug affecting movement styles for console players first before adding new ones.
    Good idea.
    This isn't going to happen because this will directly impact queue times for others that don't have anyone to walk-in with.
    True.

You got to stop spending money and attention on a game that isn't going in the direction you want it to.
    • Like x 4