Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

Remander switched to Celestial. He is betraiyng the Elec Guide officially now! :(
  2. Max Volt Committed Player

Oh booo you darn ship jumpers !

:)

Max Volt has also played celestial on his Alt Max Constantine but few aspect of it disappointed me.
    Aside for a couple of good animation most of the powers are not that impressive on the eye, and also maybe because of Internet and ps3 issues I did find it very annoying not being able to combo 50% due to hardware limitations
    Having said that a couple of guys in the league switched to celestial and they do seem to enjoy the powerset a lot
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Elusian, you tattle tale! LOL! Seriously, though, I felt I had done all I could with Electricity. Changed from Sorcery, when I felt that way about it. Was waiting for the fever to die down a little, before switching to Celestial. Enjoying it so far. Reminds me much more of Sorcery, which was my first love. Strong HoTs, good group shield, but also decent burst. I'll still participate in this thread, but I think I'm Celestial until the Sorcery revamp hits. ;)
  4. Max Volt Committed Player

It's ok just don't forget to change signature and I'll remove your name from the credits ;)

... Just kidding

I started playing the game when lightning came out and I've on this powerset since.
    But I do enjoy try and fiddle around with every other power, as the matter of fact I have an alt for each power in the game, so have fun my friend, and don't forget about us..... Maybe one day we'll get a power revamp too..
    :/
  5. mrfeto New Player

Hey all, I have a question, Again I don’t dps as much as I heal and BTW thank you all that helped me last week with my questions. But when did Circuit breaker lose the ability to buff the entire group? I know in the past I’ve used it and it had given the group the Crit buffs but Saturday I was testing out if wired and benediction stack and I noticed that the wording in circuit breaker changed and the group ability was gone. Did I miss something? Oh and BTW for those interested Wired and benediction overwrite each other.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Not sure, but honestly, I've never used Circuit Breaker. Not one SC in the game is worth 100% cost. Not one.
  7. Max Volt Committed Player

circuit breaker wise... Not sure, I haven't used it in years and they were never worth a slot in our dps loadout.

On the other hand are you absolutely share benediction overwrite Wire?
    Does it overwrite the Crit % only or the PI as well?

I'll test it as soon I have a chane...
  8. mrfeto New Player

I tested it about 10 times. This is what i did. I had a league mate cast benediction first then i would cast wired. I would receive wired Crits and PI possibility while my league mate would get only wired with the chance of PI interaction BUT not benediction. when done opposite i would keep my PI but lose the crits for wired but receive the crits for benediction (which is the same) BUT he would lose the PI ability from wired. I NEVER tried with 3 or more people and im wondering if when he casts Benediction would everyone lose wireds PI ability??? im not sure i will try to test more tonite.. i also wanted to try to see if Hive mind and annoint stack. this was about to raise alot of questions till i noticed that circuit breaker was change.

Seems like circuit breaker was changed around the time celestial came out because i had been using recently. Now i know alot of people see it as a waste move But what concerns me more was that again we got a nerf and it wasnt even announced. I used this move on some bosses, but wouldnt carry this move all the time. I am usually the 3rd dps in the charts with my league but i noticed that Circuit breaker helped everyone and it made a huge difference in certain areas but thats just me.

Ive been using: EG,EC,VB, {Circuit breaker/Shockwave/Electrostatic Bomb (depends who im with and where) }Eb,Wired, ESPD
  9. Max Volt Committed Player

In that case please post a thread in Arkham with your findings, I'm at work posting on my ipad at the moment so I can't do any testing, but I will definitely look into it when I get home.
    Was your buddy in healer or dps stance?

Circuit breaker wise, just like megavolt the reason why I don't like em is not because of what they do or don't , it's because they are 100% supercharges.
    Back then when I tested it I could put more damage out without them in my loadout than with them in the same amount of time it took me to get them to 100% ... Even considering their damage in the equation.
    If Circuit breaker was a %35 supercharge it would be a different story, but if I really have to put a supercharge in my loadout I'd rather use Speed drain, Vacuum bubble or even Word of Power, which by the way it can crit pretty high beside giving you and your group power back and it electrifies anything in range.

And talking about PI I noticed that beside EPDs and wired you dont have anything else in your loadout to apply PI in a reliable way. Unless you are very melee heavy and use the EPDs a lot I suggest dropping the 100% supercharge in favor of a PI setter... I can assure you will see a noticeable difference in your damage out.
  10. mrfeto New Player

Im about to run out also im at work lol... I will post it as soon as i get home. My league mate was in DPS stance at the time. Also you are right i have been trying alot of different loadouts and i depend VERY much on the ESPD when close ranged. I was using tesla ball but ive been told by numerous people that the move is clunky ( i like it alot and but decided to try without it) Hmmmm Word of power, i never even considered using that but i will try it Thanks alot.

That loadout is my close range I have been using Two handed lately.

Long range (RIFLE OR HAND BLASTERS) i have Tesla ball and Shockwave instead of VB and EB
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I was actually mistaken with my calculations. I finally modded all my healer gear yesterday. Took me 18 million to buy the exobtyes needed for it but was worth it. My healer role based restoration is 4222 with 570 precision. Going to try a solo heal Nexus run soon. Like to solo heal Wave but people I know don't want me to heal since I'm a fast burner and coming in first.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

In my brief stay back in Electric, it seemed that if I kept LoS with the tank and boss while everyone else is on the side, EG will hit the tank. It did not require proximity.
  13. Max Volt Committed Player

Interesting, I'll have to test it sometime.
    In my experience EG always went to the nearest ally.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Maybe I was closest to tank but was was running TP when I noticed it. I chalked it up to the changes that occurred with targettung.
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

My main alt is currently elec and for the old Attract spot, I'm using Phase Dodge now. In a 3 controller setup its pretty beast, in a 2 controller setup I can haz the ability to make em cry, so both makes me happy xD

Using HBs for that.
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Got to be speed for that thought and that is indeed super power hungry especially since Static Push is about 375 power while PD is 350.

Also I still can't get the Hand Blasters, rifle sucks so bad literally only hit for 455-1100 between but not 100%. :(

HBs 800-2600+
  17. AST0NISHING New Player

Why does no one post here? Anyway what is your guys collective best dps loadout for electric? Meaning most damage
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Many of the more active posters in the thread changed to Celestial, when it came out. I still check it when someone posts, though. I've already vomited most of my Electricity knowledge here, LOL! My favorite DPS loadout was Overcharge, Static Push, Electrocute, Wired, Electrogenesis, Electrostatic Bomb. Basic rotation was combo/OC/SP> combo/OC/EC/Wired> combo/OC/EG> combo/OC/EB x 2, rinse and repeat. For quick dying mobs, just drop the DoTs for extra EBs. Good damage with this.
  19. Max Volt Committed Player

As Remander said many have switched to Celestial and also I think we pretty much explored everything that electricity has to offer.
    Loadout wise I have been fiddling around with an electrification only loadout.... Mostly to keep things fresh and interesting more than anything else.
    For quick burst damage I stay on the polarization side with the addition of Throwing knives from the acrobat tree (fun to use and good damage), while I just go old school Dot stacking for t5 raids
  20. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

I have a quick question my main was formerly an electric dps and over the past few months it seems that some of my powers do far less damage than they used to. Other than the Attract nerf has there been any other "tweaks" to the electric powerset recently ?