Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Someone must have switched, I saw 86 today. I was going to buy the vendor mask to bump it back up to 87 (that's all I need for 164), but then I remembered the junk gear in ep. 24 will be IL 142, 1 better than the 141 vendor mask. :(
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

Gal is an interesting one. The first heal will hit up to 4 allies up to 10m out. Then anyone healed by it will echo the heal up to 4 allies within 10m with the healing of the echo splitting after 2. So if an ally is standing about half way between you and another group member Galvanize can still probably reach them with the echo from the group member between you.
    • Like x 1
  3. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

It's so frustrating that Ionic Drain isn't more practically useful in hard content. The delay before the big burst heal at the end is just too much for healing crazy divebombing dps that are meleeing bosses these days in hard content. I know it can work in groups were players are a bit overgeared or skilled enough to limit the amount of burst damage they take.

I know, I know, I've tried it by using arc lightning then clipping into it and it does work of course but I feel like I'm just forcing it cause I could have used bio-cap or surge and done the same thing quicker. The knockdown effect is nice but not a deal maker or breaker.

I would gladly rather lose a bit of its burst healing amount to gain some speed in the delay. Its one of the most beautiful lpowers in the game and its a shame that it can't be used more frequently with less risk.
    • Like x 2
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I love the way it looks but I never feel like it is worth the risk of having it on my bar until I am overgeared for the content. I find that if I do have it on there I spend at least half of the time jump canceling it to hit a faster heal or because I have to move.
  5. Max Volt Committed Player

I know few of my league mates made alts.....since i'm not there to heal me anymore lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Cyro Committed Player

It's useful if you have two healers, which the new raid forces you to do. I do however agree with what you're saying
  7. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I play electric never have any issues completing content. completed the new duo with ease the first day. the reason I play electric is not because I want to be top dps but because it is one of the few powers I can re-arrange my load out and still be effective as any other load out give or take 1k per sec.
    Electric is great the damage is ok but I do catch myself beating other powers once an a while. The thing that I have come to realize is hey u want to walkout because I'm electric the who cares. I pay my 15, u pay yours that's your personal choice. The people that stay are surprised when I'm within range of them on the boards. In BS last night 2mil within a earth beat the celestial destroyed the rage and the quantum all 160 dps's in other raids 3 mil behind normally.

I wish the community would stop with the oh your electric u should by a respect BS.

Last if your electric have questions ad me message me I have a mic I will help you with learning to play electric. new players its a great visual as well as a great power.

- StaticPulse SRQ
    • Like x 1
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

I appaud your love to the electric powerset. But theres no way your coming within 10 million of most other powersets in dfw. Even in a normal 30 min run you wont be within 10 mil. Its just the way it is. Dot powers are supposed to shine on bosses but in all honesty they still lack behind quicker starting am's even on bosses.
    • Like x 2
  9. Van_Gho Committed Player

They never post proof of these fairy tales
    • Like x 2
  10. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I have been electric for years and too am in love with the powerset but until it returns to some degree of equality in dps potential the fact of the matter is that it will have a bad rep among players - especially PuGs.

Also, and I don't mean to burst your bubble but it does struggle vs other skilled players in other powersets based on content. Obviously, we do better against multiple high health adds/bosses but outside of those scenarios....we struggle.

Electric4Life
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

Would be nice if all powers working with the am could get clipped with eachother, like when healing... Dots ready in an instand, and we wouldnt even need a big dammage boost... I mean, look at how many electro player happen to be also superspeedster ^^
  12. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

How do u attach screen shots i can send some to u have a 4 player where i beat ice by a million . (PZR)
  13. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

That Ice-Player must have had very poor button smashing skills then.
    No way you can beat a normal Ice, Earth or Sorcery-Player ...
    ... and yes, I play and love Electricity!
    • Like x 2
  14. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Ive posted before that i think theres a difference in skill when i beat people. Lol i have realized theres alot of bad t8 dps's then theres the ones that melt my damage but i do beat fotm. Just put out 9.5 mil bbs with a good group the others destroyed me but 10 mil on electric in a raid is do-able.
  15. ELECTROFURY New Player

Was the person with the ice toon you beat by a mil afk during that run?
  16. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Im thinking he has 30sp at 160 but never wavedox
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

How do you guys even see that?
  18. Pults Loyal Player

DCUOLive>Census
    • Like x 2
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am glad you love the power. I am glad that you are ok with those that walk out on you because you are Electric. It happens and the best thing to do is put on ignore imo. However to say that electric can keep up with other powers is just wrong. I am happy to hear that you were so close with your damage in BS or any other raid, however the only thing I get from those type of comments are that you were grouped with people that do not know their power. It happens and here lately it happens more often. Just today I ran with an Atomic player that was using a WM loadout. When I asked why he was not using either of the AM's he told me that he did not like them. he did beat me in damage on my Atomic toon....but only by 1 million...oh and he was 8 cr higher than I was. That does not make me beast or anything of the sort...it just means I was able to compare myself to someone that does not know what they are doing or are choosing to play below their capability. If you run with people that are skilled with various powers and then you can compete with them...ok. But if not then there is no point to coming on the forums and saying that electric is fine. I play Fire, Atomic, Quantum, and Electric. They are all close in cr...162-164 and I know all of their powers for both roles. Electric does the worst...period. I run with my league and often the same people some with the same powers....so I have a good group to compare things too. I know when I will be close and when I will get blown away...with electric I will always get blown away. If that is not the same thing that you are finding then you need to play with people on your skill level. Sorry about the rant. And I hope that did not come across harsh it was not meant to.
    • Like x 5
  20. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I've been healing in the new raid a few times now - sometimes PuG, sometimes league. Especially in PuGs when we wipe and people start eyeing the scoreboard they eventually compare my healing to the other heals - likely sorc or nature - and that's when the criticism began. They seem to be expecting fairly equal numbers like the DPS. I try to explain the difference in elec vs a sorc CoP but I feel like the kick is just hovering there waiting for the next excuse.

Have any others elec heals run into this "reception" especially when running Darkseid?
    • Like x 3