Lifetime membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllViperlll, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's a business, not a charity. They've already opened up all content and added all sorts of perks to the non-paying accounts...how do you suggest they keep the lights on? This should be good.
    • Like x 3
  2. Redwingsrock New Player

I got lifetime in the first month of the game, well worth it!
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How, exactly, does that let the company meet its payroll?

The question to you was "how do you want Daybreak to make enough money to keep going and adding new content?"

One might add "what on earth do you find shocking about businesses being out to make money? Of course they are!"
    • Like x 2
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I had the lifetime membership in my shopping cart in December 2010, but decided not to. I love this game, but I'm not sure it's wise to buy a lifetime membership this late in the game's age. I'm not predicting doom and gloom, to be clear, but a hefty expense like that should be thought about critically.
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Hilarious. The same comments from 2018, exactly.
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Hey, I'm consistent!
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The way I thought about it was that the price added up to around 3 years of continuous membership, so as long as the game lasted another three years I'd be good, and even if it didn't it probably would have lasted long enough that I didn't feel the sting of losing some money. The three years is up now, so those of us who bought essentially have free membership for the rest of the lifespan of the game. That being said, I knew I'd definitely be sticking around. Not everyone can/will be that definite in their commitment to playing.
    • Like x 3
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’d buy one today if it dropped.
    This game isn’t going anywhere.
    • Like x 1