Lifetime membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllViperlll, Sep 9, 2020.

1. lllViperlll New Player

question is why can i not buy this whenever i want?
  2. TheLorax Unwavering Player

Because it was a limited time offer.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Loyal Player

4. lllViperlll New Player

do they do that sale once a year or was it just that once?
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It was what $600 for lifetime? People would buy it but it wouldn't be instantly, not many can drop that kind of money loosely on a video game. I know I couldn't. But if it was a permanent MP item I'd buy it.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was offered when the game first released in 2011 and then again for a limited time near the end of 2018. In 2018 it was initially limited to 6,000 total but the sale time and numbers was extended later for a little bit extra. It might come back in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure how much in dollars, but when it was first available when the game launched it was €179.99. When it returned near the end of 2018 it was $299.99. I can't remember how much I paid for it in Euro but it was probably around the €300 mark. The way I looked at it was that I pay about €100 a year for a 12 month sub anyway, so after three years it would essentially be free for the rest of the time the servers are active. Of course it's a gamble because the game could be shut down before that three years is up, but it doesn't look like that will happen.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Like I said they could add it for a permanent MP item but have it priced at like $400-600 and it would like you said, pay for itself eventually. With the replays and whatnot.

It would also give people something else to aim towards buying that would be worth the investment. The limited time deals only appeal to the wealthy people within the community not those who live pay check to pay check or that are doing slightly better.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Loyal Player

It was $199 at initial offering in 2011 and $299 in 2018.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Even so, if they add it as a permanent MP item I'd pay 400+ for it vs constantly paying 120+ a year.
  10. Berza Committed Player

I didn't buy it but a couple of friends did in 2018, I think it was 250€
    Also, note that Lifetime Membership was offered only to PC players, because the price exceded the max amount at PSN wallet.
    • Like x 1