Lets talk healing balance

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Celestial Powers, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

No clashing here, just trying to get people to understand my reasoning as to why what I'm saying will help the power set to get on Nature/Celestial levels.

I was in a mix of both gear but regardless of the strength of my heals when everything was on cooldown spamming my priority heal did pretty much nothing to support the group because I'd be out of power, and when I'd be out of power I wouldn't be able to cast Arc or Galvanize. (Even with a troll)

Celestial and Nature don't really have any niche powers to the extent that Sorcery and Electric do, Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Harvest, Admonish, Divine Light, Consume Soul, Wrath of the Presence all hit everyone, you don't have to position yourself at all or require a specific scenario for these abilities to work.

Sure Celestial has a few niche abilities but those are optional like Renew > Curse, Malediction > Benediction etc But these aren't necessary to get the most of the power set.

I mention Sorcery because it's in the same situation :p
    • Like x 1
  2. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

How would it look like when ever power would be flawless? There's always alternative, balance with healing power... I have them all, tried all, truth is that electricity has some more flaws, but there are still some VERY good electricity healers... But anyways, i still disagree with said about sorcery, cause, if all of those powers you mentioned with flaws are used in right way, right place, right moment, they're MORE THAN PERFECT. <3
  3. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Maybe comparing it to live is meaningless, but I'm only doing so because the direction they're taking it on test isn't worth reviewing because I'd rather die than see that version of support come to fruition.

Celestial and Nature Healing don't need to be touched at all besides removing Natures Controller role
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just to point out, McB ain't niche. It's the most powerful of all the abilities mentioned and the most power efficient. Just has a cache to it.

To get the most out of Divine Light, yeah it does take some position. Pass through the glyphs to get a burst heal. It's a supply drop function. Same with PcDL which is more powerful than Divine Light.

I was in full heal gear on test. Those power costs are ridiculous.

I don't agree with some of this though lol. And I don't want to debate because I've nothing to prove. I played with all the healers and did exceedingly well with them.
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

But knowing the devs, we'll see plenty of Celestial and Nature changes. Did Ice Tanking really need to be changed? I don't think anyone was ever playing it on Live going 'Damn, this needs changing'. Whilst the changes might be better or worse (I'll let everyone decide for themselves), it's still something that didn't really need to be changed. I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw major changes to something like Nature where they pretty much remove nearly all of the HoTs for example.
    • Like x 2
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

It is a niche ability in difficult content, this is the context I'm talking in not everyone seems to understand, you can't use McB in something difficult because if you're using this you're sacrificing resto to make the ability work, if you get interrupted doing the combo well it's a dead ability, the healing ticks are too slow for when you need to react immediately.

Divine Light doesn't require any positioning, cast the ability and the four most injured get it along with HoTs with anyone who is in proximity to them, the range isn't the same of the other abilities but besides from SM you don't need it to touch everyone in your line of sight.

Of course I'm not saying Electric and Sorcery are dead weight completely, in 80% of content they're OK but in the most difficult content at their actual CR Relevancy they can't keep up with Nature + Celestial.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

To get the most out of Divine Light, it works better in close fights. You don't have to believe me. I've only played the power since it dropped and studied it in every aspect. And it's an 8 man burst. Just look at how many glyphs spawn.

We'll agree to disagree. I've done more than fine with McB in the most difficult of content. Not saying I'm the best healer but it's more than workable in the most difficult content. You just gotta know what you're doing. And I didn't sacrifice restoration either LMAO. It's a conjuctive ability. Not niche.

Again I'm going to disagree. I'm not budging and yes I know the numbers and playout in content. Coming from a healer who healed competitively in BOTH PvE and PvP with every power.

I'm not knocking you at all BTW. I'm just disagreeing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I've also been Celestial since release, Divine Light only drops 8 if there are no ads otherwise it's 4. Close or Long range fights it doesn't matter as long as they're close to one glyph, multiple people will receive the heal

Niche Ability - Requires you to do something additional in certain criteria or require a certain criteria to make it work, in this case the ability requires you to do damage. If you didn't sacrifice any restoration how did you optimize the way the ability works? You needed you precision to be 25% of your total restoration for 100% damage to healing.

Your definition of conjunctive ability is basically the same thing as a niche, you need ads for Soul Siphon to work, you need people to be near the casted target of arc lightning for it to work etc... Anything you require from the game to setup a heal is basically a supportive unreliable ability aka a niche to help you keep people alive until your main and reliable healing ability is available to use.

If you've managed to utilize the ability successfully in content like soloing dwfe at 168 or soloing gome or even using it in very high rounds in SM more power to you but the damage to healing transference is much slower then what you could actually produce if you reacted to damage coming in yourself.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Devs are getting rid of niche abilities. Nature CC will most likely be removed completely.

Celestial McB( healing factor) will most likely be removed from the game.

DL will get a longer cooldown.
    Admonish will get a longer cooldown.
    Soloing DWF will most likely become impossible
    Annoint will get turned into a self power regen and its precision buff removed.
    Guardian's light will get a longer cooldown.
    Consume soul will get a longer cooldown.

Pretty much healing in general is going to get a big nerf unless the community comes together and complains about it.

Electric was a nightmare to heal with on test
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well I think the community have done that. The devs are clearly aware that the majority of us hate the cooldown changes. Now we just need to wait and see what they'll do moving forward and it'll be interesting to get our hands on Electricity with changes and the other powers later on for comparisons. The thread is about balance and I wonder if it'll be there when Stats Matters is ready for Live.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Im not sure about balance. If the cooldowns are similar. And Dot damage between powers is similar. Then balancing is easy. Right now in the game DPS are literally God mode in most cases. I would much rather have low cooldowns and low damage compared to high cooldowns and high damage.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The AM damage is sufficient. It doesn't necessarily need a spec. You can just use it as another big hot. I don't see the problem lol.

IDK.
    You can play celestial a few ways and be effective.
    Again I don't knock your expertise, but I'm giving you a different view and you can ask a few who've run with me, that I know exactly what I'm talking about and that I can back up what I say.

I'm speaking with both modes in mind, so pardon if I sound brash.

I actually have something for you in a pm so keep your eyes peeled ^.^
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I've battled healed before a ton, it's fun in normal raids but the only thing that limits it is the rate of healing applied from your damage, it's too slow, I can react a lot faster and sometimes if you don't react as quick someone can die.

I suppose my preference comes from knowing that my reactions will have an immediate effect on someone, if they die it means they either died stupidly or I was too slow / lazy to react and well... in difficult content that's just imperfection ;)

(I let tons of people die in regular content and just tbag them, they hate me)
    • Like x 2
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I guess. My play style just flows in a straight rotation that can adapt to a situation in no problem.

I understand. We have no choice but to heal stupidity.
    And it is possible ;) but to heal straight up incompetence is not possible.
    The prophetic can do many things but it's up to the person to accept and receive ;)

(Yay another one!! Hehe. It's fun lol)
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Since the DoT was removed from Electroburst and the corresponding HoT, I would assume Savage Growth will get the same treatment. No more pheromone stacking with that ability. In fact, since pheromone stacking is a PI, I expect it to go so Metabolism will just do 5 ticks of heals. Harvest will do ? Hey, maybe they'll bring back the Pterodactyl!
  16. Cyro Committed Player

To be honest i think id rather nature and cele be brought down to elec rather than elec be brought up to them.

Side note: Just in case they do go ahead with long cooldowns(which would kill elec) i have decided to go on a last hooray for elec healing. To enjoy it well its good for as long as it lasts. That being said i do doubt that will go ahead with #LongCooldownsMatter
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Please no, not more nightmare fuel, nature would be ruined if that becomes the eventuality since the PI is what makes Nature Nature /_/.

"Next on PC Test - Celestial! Comboing now has a 10 second cooldown, you may only use one combo every 10 seconds!" ...

Nature and Celestial are in OK spots (Minus Nature Controller), I feel there would be more outrage (just like there is now) in nerfing the two as opposed to buffing Sorcery and Electric.
    • Like x 1
  18. Celestial Powers Committed Player