Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krytine Loyal Player

Tesla blast should also be made a 35% as well as ionic drain
    Bio Electric surge should have a fast cool down like live but with electric being a burst heal it should have the strongest individual heals in the game. Best hots should be nature sorcery is a mix between and Celestial does what it does.
    But again Electric healing was always a burst heal that could do more damage then the other original healing powers
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Was Overcharge ever fixed BTW?

It never stacked in explosive charges and was always only one explosion. It was bugged for a very long time.

If you do fix it, can you increase the radius of the splash explosive damage?
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I like to see this as well actually. Attract should be on the same range as Shockwave. Attract should hit just as hard as Shockwave only if the polarized PI in on there. Shockwave PI is electrified and should remain that. Basically this gives us two different PI uses and choices.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one should refer to powerset testing in the end-game and in raids.
  5. Celestial Powers Committed Player

So just reiterating what has already been said since regardless of tier electric healing or the new vision for healing in general will drive many people away from this game including myself as the new cooldowns as well as the base values and functionality of the powers are not needed for electric healing at all and are near enough the complete opposite of what was requested, no feedback has been given directly of what will happen to healing so I will lay out again what the majority of the community desires for the changes to healing.

All Healing Abilities:
    • Revert the cooldowns to live
    Arc Lightning:
    • Give the arc render distance range in some form - through the arc which arcs back to you or the entire ability
    • If not the above increase the base value or increase the number of bounces and let it re-bounce to allies.
    Bioelectric Surge:
    • Increase the base value - (this may become that much of an issue if the rest of the abilities in the power set are reverted to live level cooldowns)
    • Bring back the PI interaction - Bio Charge
    Bio Capacitor:
    • Revert it to the live version (Functionality)
    • Reduce the cooldown to match the live version of Celestial's Admonish
    Flux:
    • Revert to live version - meaning the duration of shield back how it is on live
    Electrogenesis:
    • Give it 3 auras
    • When casting the ability let the section of whoever is going to be receiving the aura to become lowest life
    • When casting the ability let the section of whoever is going to be receiving the aura to have render distance range
    Electroburst:
    • Revert to live version (Functionality)
    • Create a new power in the future doing the exact function of what this ability does on test, it's a completely different ability and electroburst on live sees use in it's own niche situations. Why limit electrics healing options?
    Ionic Drain:
    • Revert to live version (Functionality)
    • Look to try and buff/modify this ability in some way because cast time heals do not suit electric but if you keep it the same:
    • Give it render distance range
    Invigorate:
    • Make it a 50% supercharge again
    Further abilities you can tune to give electric new options to heal but honestly the changes above are more than enough

Electrocute:
    • Make it like Circle of Protection, anyone under the cloud gets a HoT
    • (This provides another HoT that players have been wanting for electric, despite electric not being a HoT power giving options to people doesn't hurt)
    Tesla Ball:
    • Same concept as the DPS variant just let it burst heal your allies instead
    • Range should be as DPS, proximity to the ball.
    • (Provides more localized burst like Galvanize does)
    Overcharge:
    • Same as DPS but when it explodes everyone in range receives a burst heal
    • (Provides more localized burst like Galvanize does)
    Electrics main problem on the live servers was that it will difficult to keep the PI, Bio Charge on people in difficult content if incoming damage across the group was very fast, reducing bio capacitors cooldown to being the same as admonish fixes that. Giving the render distance ranges to multiple abilities as I've suggested as well as retaining those changes you've made to the Priority Heals now would let it compete with Nature and Celestial - These power sets do not need to be majorly adjusted either, Celestial is perfectly balanced in both functionality and variety on how to heal, Nature needs tweaking on Bug Form but this revamp will fix those issues. Both these power sets have weaknesses that can be exploited by content but its not seen as much as much as Sorcery and Electric. Celestial can struggle with quick burst damage and Natures pheromone stacking to get large heals off can be very power consuming.

To convince you further - I have played the healer role for a very long time now and am consistently beating hard content immediately from release, our league is one of the top in EU so please listen to me to when I say these changes on test will ruin healing in general, if you want to force 2 healers in raid groups reduce the base value of restoration because at least this way experienced healers can still choose to solo if they are good enough and this will enforce the your current philosophies of giving us more ways to play which we have seen you listen to in regards to the DPS and Troll power mechanic/regeneration changes.

Thank you for reading and please consider this last piece of feedback I will give in regards to Electric Healing. If it doesn't get considered I wish you good luck with the revamp.
    • Like x 7
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm seeing the DoT of Electrogensis being shrugged off by NPCs.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

We keep saying this but they keep ignoring it. All they did was put new gear and skill points on test to try and convince us it works. It doesn't All the same problems from earlier builds are there. NO POWER. SLOW recharges, NO biocapac interactions. SNOOZE. Losing patience.
    • Like x 5
  8. Only Forever Level 30

I Agree with old school, No Power (the cost of power its absurd), Slow Rechard and no Power Interactions.
    • Like x 2
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Give them the benefit of the doubt, they want to make sure all feedback is still valid at end game.

If no major changes are made from V1.1 to V1.2 then I'd just give up.

I've been preaching this won't work since the revamp was released so I'm also pretty tired of getting ignored. I've laid out the summary of changes people want and now it's up to the devs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you SHOULD have to have two healers there the only power set in the whole game that is designed to work in pairs and have been since the very beginning of the game
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Yes you needed 2 healers early on when restoration wasn't inflated to such high levels and content when actually was difficult.

I've been solo healing content since the Fortress Raids and people can form groups up to their experience level. As I said before, if you're good enough to solo you shouldn't be punished from high cooldowns. I don't fancy staring at a red loadout. This update will kill the role for experienced healers, do you expect two pug healers to time their cooldowns together? When both healers have red loadouts it's most likely going to be a wipe in difficult content since both healers have less control.

Just look at GOMe, many groups run 2 healers because it's not stupid easy for a brainless nature bug form user to just endlessly spam. They have OLYe for that.
    • Like x 2
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

of course we can solo heal as its really not that hard as nothing in the game is hard but that isn't how the game was designed. our healer roles were built to be in pairs as they are the only powerset in the game with specialties sorcery being a tank healer nature being a group healer. electric having safety nets. celestial being a true battle healer. no other power sets in the game were designed like that. I miss having a healer buddy in content I remember back in the beginning we all ran with two and it was enjoyable the competitions between me and my buddy where depending on the content who would do better. I personally would rather have a raid take three mins longer and go smoother than faster but at more risk but hey that's just me and i never get to do it because the community refuses to run with two.

I'll quit discussing this with you with this post because i dont want to derail the thread not that i dont want to continue the conversation. I just hope the devs can take into account that they have a perfectly designed role that should be better utilized than allowing the player to circumvent their design by being over powered
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay so besides the back and forth of what we want or should have with this, does anyone have any feedback regarding Electricity at the current end game on Test? The Power usage has already been reported that it is WAY too high and seems to be scaling incorrectly as reported by the other powers. Outside of that, how did healing or DPS rotations go? What was your spec? Would you like red or white wine with dinner tonight?
    • Like x 1
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Loudout: Arc Lightning, BioSurge, Biocap, Galvanize, Flux, Invigorate

We went in olyr, mine and the other healer couldn't heal much, power costs were too high, cooldowns too high, heals felt weak outside Bio Cap because people were spread apart - effectiveness of the other abilities are too unique to be viable without additional support. Invigorate felt completely useless as it didn't seem to heal a lot. Flux is beyond useless to try and pick someone up, the person with the shield needs to be on the body for the full cast of picking up to go through, any interruptions and it'll be too late.

Regardless, everything I said before was correct. I didn't need to test end tier to know this.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

But the Devs needed to know this and thats why we are here. Thanks for this. Outside of the Power issuesI know what Im looking at when i test tonight
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Gen, Wired, MegaVolt and switched out final power trying different things. In melee content, Electroburst was a must. Once saw a burst of 10k! ID is worthless. I feel I'm lucky if I get 12K in damage over the length of the channel. And it's interruptible. MV is just a free DoT. I think it is stronger than E'cute. Really need to test how it splits. I have no problem building SC which is why I stay away from the polarized PI. Also, the heal from AL is good for duo and solo play.

I think the biggest disappointment is how little damage we get from our powers, because it seems we need to sprec Prec to keep up with power costs. You will get more damage from Orbitals and backup. Fights are slow so I am sometimes getting a second Orbital in if I start with it.

I don't have an Electricity toon on Live but I did have a Nature toon and would wager the damage is probably close to what you would see when starting out AF3 content. I did not try any of the missions from Typhon Monster Invasion yet.

ID and MV need buffs. On adds in Hades duo, your normal damage rotation is fine. For bosses, you don't feel powerful at all. The harpies shield up twice. Usually the dogs respawn in you kill the lesser ones first.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

testing my own loadout something i made out of nowhere works pretty well..unlike everyone else i am doing the otherside of electric dmg, the polarizes side.

My loadout:
    Static push:
    Shock wave:
    Repluse:
    Spark barrage:
    Electrostatic bomb:

Final power is super charge.

i am able to hit all power but after i use electrostatic bomb i am out of power and unable to regain it unless i am using weapons or having a troll.

i am only spec into might and all crits right now, i will change it into half power see if that helps or not here in a bit.
    • Like x 1
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Posting this here from the other thread. Seems like some abilities just aren't meant to be used with a tray-only loadout, either due to cooldown or powercost, but honestly I'm fine with that. Just gotta use the right tool for the job as they say.

One request I do have is for Static Push to apply the Polarization PI as a long range AoE instead of the short-midrange AoE it is now. Please rework the ability however you have to to achieve this.
  19. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Sorc as a tank ? what are you taking about? Healer powers were not designed to work in pairs. What? Hahaha

what you described is just their special power interactions. Sorc as a tank...lmfao
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

clearly your reading comprehension skill aren't up to point you might want to look it over again.. I said Sorc is a specialized tank healer and yes they were designed to cover each other's weakness and all specialize in one aspect. if you have ever played them all extensively you would see that for yourself

P.S to testers: sorry for responding in thread i just have a hard time not replying to post like that
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.