Let us get role gear when we switch roles: Hear me out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RadioGraffiti, Nov 9, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is hilarious. Ever since Metal 2 began I haven't bought one single piece of vendor gear. I run all content, including elites, with nothing but dropped gear. No point in wasting marks on the vendor gear when I can use them to buy and sell vendor auras instead lol. And the fears can be bought at a later time when the gear is converted to source marks and drastically reduced in price.

Like others said, this definitely sounds like a bank/inventory space issue no matter how much the thread starter tries to say it isn't. I doubt the devs will be in a hurry to rewrite the way gear and armories work just to make life easier for players who don't provide any monetary support to the game
    • Like x 2
  2. RadioGraffiti New Player

No I did not say the inventory space was my real problem at all you are the only one who keeps bringing up inventory space...Im not going to keep repeating myself Ive already listed all the issues that comes with having to get high level gear twice just for one character. Have a seat and re read what I said I never said inventory space was the real issue
  3. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yes, that is the discount I use on my alts. What I'm looking for is for a character that already has the gear in one role and wants gear in the other.

For instance, consider a special "device" that you can purchase for a few tokens. What that device will do is clone a piece of vendor-purchased gear, that your character already is wearing, into the same piece but with the alternative role stats. Specifically, using the clone device will provide you with a select screen for any vendor item you're wearing, say the Assassin's Relentless Cuirass. Selecting that will consume the device and leave me with an Assassin's Ruthless Cuirass.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm 100% healer, my gen mods is prec 39.4 I'm sitting on 24k prec no SP in prec no arts for prec, and I use dual pistols, and never have issues with anything. Sure I'd like for my solo play to be as fast as a dps' but I'm not doing a 2nd set of gear or artifacts just for solo play lol. So I usually use my vampire bat or henchman to speed things up.
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

We know that's not what you said. That's the point. You're not saying it but that's your real issue and you're inventing this dramatic solution to justify solving the real issue you have with limited space as a free player.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. RadioGraffiti New Player

Ok Im just going to stop replying to you because I have dismissed this claim on multiple occasions. I am not salty about inventory space, why do you keep saying I am? I have no problem with my space. You are going around in circles about iNvEnToRy sPaCe. You are the only one thinking I have an alternative motive. Ive made myself pretty clear what my motive is
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not something I'd see happening. For one thing, the devs want us (for a variety of reasons) to play the game. What you're suggesting would be convenient, but it'd also seriously cut into the amount of time a player would need to play and it's tough for me to imagine the devs undercutting themselves like that.

There's also gear costs to take into account. From what I've seen they have a formula of sorts for determining gear prices (along with prices for anything requiring Marks) and that suggestion would probably throw a monkey wrench into the works. You'd either see a high price on such an item to take into account not having to buy the second set of gear OR an increase in the gear prices themselves to keep the balance they intend. And the price on the "device" would be even higher if it was a one-time purchase and not something you had to get every time you moved up to a new gear set.

Finally, just speaking from my own perspective the current costs aren't that terrible to instigate such a change. Unless you're at endgame two sets of gear will run you around 260 Marks, and even if you stick to mainly solo content like I do it doesn't take all that long to get that kind of currency. My particular path can be something of a chore at times (especially if I decided to get ALL the weapons a character might use), but it's more than doable. It makes it tough for me to see any need for such a shortcut.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

I agree with your points.

What I'm finding hindering is that I can max out one role and then there's a significant delay to max out the other. Meaning, to be at my best, I'm limited to one role for most of the episode play. I guess there really isn't a solution aside from sticking to one role, and occasionally provide less strong support in a secondary role.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha you literally get the gear dropped in every instance. You don't need to be maxed out in any role, let alone your off-role. Just save some of those drops, and voila!, You have gear for both sides. If you're buying vendor gear for one side, then give all the duplicate drops to the other. Easy.
    • Like x 2
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I don't need you to reply to me. I'm happy to continue to shut down these silly justifications without feedback from you.

And yes, literally everyone is replying with some variation of "No, that's not a problem that needs to be fixed at all. You're just disguising your f2p isn't fair post as a feature suggestion." If you don't see that then you're not following the conversation or understanding your replies properly.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We get the discount on a second set. It's hardly difficult to get a second set after even a few more days of playing.

But most of all, why, exactly, would DCUO want to make armories pointless except for style changes? Where's the money to replace that income supposed to come from?
    • Like x 4
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ad hominem isn't an argument. It's just juvenile.

You do not get to tell other commenters what to do or how to read. That is, you can tell them, but nobody need or will pay the faintest attention to your ukases.

It's also extremely rude, as well as completely futile, on top of being childish. It simply demonstrates a lack of better argument.

On the substance, the inventory limitation is definitely a contributor to many people subbing. And, yes, your issue is waaah, I don't want to have to sub. Denying it doesn't make it false.

Disagreement does not mean that other people can't read or that they haven't provided supporting reasons for what they say. Again, denial is not an argument.
    • Like x 3
  13. RadioGraffiti New Player

Uh, its my thread so yeah. I do .
    That person you are defending for what ever reason keeps repeating the same thing over and over. You are off topic and what I say to that individual is irrelevant to you so mind your own business.
    Oh really? Im crying because I dont wanna sub? Please show me in this thread where thats my complaint. I stated multiple times I am fine on inventory space regardless if im subbed or not infact I have subscribed multiple times soooo I guess you don't know what you are talking about?
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That would have made this a different game. They went the direction they did and here we are with the OP suggesting a solution for a problem that has solutions in place by design.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Says the guy who wants them to rework the system so he can avoid getting a 2nd set of gear...Be it inventory space or having to have a 2nd armory...or having to wait till a few pieces drop to complete the set, it still boils down to you wanted them to change it cause a 2nd set of gear is too much hassle for you.

BTW, no one says you have to have an OP set of gear on both sides. If you main as role, your DPS could be 3-4 CR lower(or vice-versa if you main DPS) so those few hard to get pieces can be lagging behind till you get them. Assuming you kept up a 2nd set up to date with drop gear, by the end of 1 dlc you should have a full set, just start replacing it with drops on the next DLC....I mean unless that ISN'T your biggest issue, and that it IS inventory mainly...as you have stated against.
    • Like x 4
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Oh honey, that's not how it works.
    • Like x 1
  17. RadioGraffiti New Player

Yeah Im an entitled brat because Im trying to come up with an easier and convenient way for not only old players but new players (yea I know you probably dont care about them, they should just suck it up and deal with it, cause if anythings obvious about players on the forums its that they hate new players)
    To be able to do both roles. You are lying to me if you tell me its not a pain doing solos, duos or dailies as a support role especially considering how easy it is as a dps. You are only thinking about endgame content, you aren't even considering the fact that some people are still around 250 or below and are trying to be a support role as a main but cant do any of the solos, duos or dailies that make it easier for them to get gear. Im not thinking selfishly like you guys are,Im thinking about other players.

Yeah because armories are useless to the game anyway considering if you are constantly getting new pieces of gear you got to keep updating your armories and if you dont you will have to keep switching the pieces out in your imventory. Its funny how people who dont even work for daybreak are so worried about their pockets
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry....let me rephrase my response so you will understand...
    [IMG]

See...that's you being a crybaby. If you can't handle solo stuff as role (most people....not just me...can, it's jut not very efficient), get some DPS gear or run a 'hybrid' loadout. If you don't have the inventory space...get some. If you don't want to buy a 2nd armory, go respec+rearmor EVERY time you want to change to DPS (BTW....muuuuuuch easier doing that than just to pop back to your base and reimprint if you change a piece of gear...right?).

You are trying to solve issues that have already been solved. Armories were put in to make dual role play easier...way easier. Additional inventory spaces are purchasable (you'd need 2 rows....). Now, if these things are too difficult or too expensive for you that's fine...you do you....but don't expect the rest of the game to change to fit your budget or likes/dislikes. And believe me I'm not saying the game is perfect...far from it, but let's look at some of the other issues and not try to re-invent one of the things that DC actually got pretty well right...armories. Could they be better? Sure. Should they be eliminated (which is kind of what you are asking for)...heck no.

We heard you out as requested....there is little merit in your request or suggestion by the looks of it. Nice try though.

BTW...we hate lazy, entitled players WAY more than new players...although sometimes those groups are the same people, it's not exclusive. There are many new players who are doing a fine job...there are many vets who are lazy and entitled.
    • Like x 3
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Mise well give it up, especially with the people on this this forums. They have the mindset of 'sub or shut up' and refuse to hear hear anyone's opinion or ideas unless you are subbed, and and one person here calls it 'shuts you down' like they know everything about the game.

They and most of the people who dwell on this forum are merely here to troll under the radar. Is why I hardly post anything meaningful on here anymore. Because there's no point, the community is toxic asf and if you reply YOU get punished, despite your entire thread being derailed by these same people over and over.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So my advice to you OP is just do as I do browse forums, post once or twice here and there of meaningless threads and go on about your gaming. Because even if you suggest something it'll never see day light. As I've suggested over 1000 ideas with pro/cons and ways to combat the cons over my 10 years here and not 1 thing has been implemented.