Let us get role gear when we switch roles: Hear me out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RadioGraffiti, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have 6 Premium accounts which have at least 1 toon with multiple armories and additional inventory slots(a few have 2)....so not so much 'sub up or shut up' there. Yes, I do believe anyone who is F2P has almost no room to ask for things that are 99% because they are limited by spending NO money. Spending the money on 1 armory would get you to premium and grant the additional inventory space needed for the gear that would fill it. I'm not saying this is your complaint, but it basically is the gist of what the OP's request is.

To lump this one in with the other 'that's a dumb idea...you should sub' issues is nonsense. Most other terrible ideas are terrible for other reasons.;) This one is just a waste of typing.

How is this request anything other than "give me something for free because I'm to cheap to buy what's already available"? If you can honestly say it's not, I'd be surprised and interested in hearing the reason.
    • Like x 2
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Alot of us had our armories since the day they released too I know my main has had his 4, my 1 alt has had her 2 since day 1 of armories dropping.

And I'm sitting at 96ish inventory spots as premium. All of which I paid for.

Would I of paid for all if this stuff during the current world we live in? Probably not as theres more important things to spend money on them a video game. Especially if things plan to shutdown again for awhile.
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is you. You're a new player who believes they understand the game and are making suggestions based on that belief. However, you're incorrect and do not and your suggestions are inline with this lack of understanding.

Support players do not play support roles as their primary main playstyle. Support players do not play solo content in support role (someone will reply they do but most players don't and understand they shouldn't for efficiency). Support roles are for group content. Playing any solo or open world content rewards the player with attunable gear they can use for either role.

Again, the problems you claim to be addressing are not real issues.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, well is spending any money on this game(or any other) in the time of a Pandemic a great idea? That all depends on the person. I don't really think the request was structured around that though. Honestly if you are teetering that close to collapse that $10 spent on a video game is 'make or break'...you probably shouldn't be playing games anyway. However, to think that someone's personal financial situation is cause for a company to spend development money to rework a system just to save you that $10...that's a stretch. And technically DI has thrown us more than $10 worth of discounts/bonuses that I think they've done their part to ease things a bit...if it all boils down to that $10 for the user.

I don't buy it that this is the reason for the request. If it is, good luck on that front I guess.
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Dude. You still don't get to tell other commenters what to do or say. No matter how many times you pointlessly try to.

You're posting to a public forum. You don't control who responds on your thread or what they say, and acting as if you do simply makes you look silly.

Otherwise, enjoy voicing your opinions. I'm sure they will be given all the consideration they are due.
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's unsurprising, since presentation matters.

I've had a variety of suggestions adopted over the years. Giving everything a minimum of a single point of prestige was my idea. I championed an LSH DLC at the very least as long and loudly as anyone. I've had at least half a dozen minor UI and game suggestions adopted and (woo-hoo!) several typos fixed. At other times I've at least been told I've had a good idea or that it will be considered.

These things have happened not because I suck up, because I don't. If anything, I probably don't offer nearly enough praise compared to the amount of criticism I've posted overall.

I've had suggestions listened to and even implemented at times because I make my suggestions politely and respectfully and without boasting about how many people demand they be put into effect or otherwise exaggerating.

Most of all, I don't engage in pre-emptively insulting DCUO employees.

Nobody who actually understands human relations would think that insulting people is going to be helpful right before (or right after) asking for something. Or at any other time.

It's a simple technique. Anyone can try it: make your suggestions politely. Who knew that might work?

The key thing is one has to be consistent. You have to avoid violating Wheaton's Law at all times, not just when you're asking for something.

It's never too late to start trying.
    • Like x 3
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didnt insult or belittle the staff either, hell 99% of the I sent it in PMs only few were put into threads