Legends Deathstroke

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ACW37162, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The manual aim makes him sound unique, also take into account legends PVE.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The manual aim is pretty crappy. I had someone leisurely walk out of the way of it. Forget that if they actually try to move.

Yea, he isn't too great in legends PvE either.
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Ouch.

I just watched a video posted on YouTube showing Deathstroke in action and I liked the way the combos flowed (from pistols, to one hand and then to rifle) but I can see why some people might not like dual pistols as his main weapon. I think the best time to use his finisher would be either after a block break or in a 2v2 match when your team mate is being focused.

The Positives

He will be the first dual wield legend character. (Huntress and the Joker can switch out and don't start in that stance.)
    I like his one liners also.
    Combos looked cool.
    Interesting finisher mechanic.
    Plays differently than his Injustice counterpart.

The Negatives

Can't switch out his main weapon for a prolonged period of time.
    He can't use martial arts, C4 or a grenade launcher.
    Unique aim mode may be off putting to some. I figured it would be like quick scoping in Call Of Duty where the view briefly turns to first person as you aim down sights. Maybe they can add some aim assist or a reticule that turns red when your opponent is in the cross hairs.
    Plays differently than his Injustice counterpart.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The only safe time to use it is after a counter. However, the amount of time it takes to execute the finisher is on par with that of Cheetah and Felix Faust however it is actually worse as it doesn't provide a benefit for successfully getting a KO with it. Felix Faust's summons a pet and Cheetahs heals equal to damage dealt.
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Ew pistols. Change that ****
    • Like x 5
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

DP is possibly one of the worst weapons in game
    Having to put oneself in constant counter positions in order to deal half the damage of other weapons. The only thing that DP has going for it is its CC nothing else.
    It's melee attack hits in ticks of damage, if one of the ticks are blocked then the enemy is countered making it a useless weapon against enemies with reaction time of a goldfish.
    It is also redundant and useless in nodes map as you constantly are moving back and forth leaving the node wide open, not to mention that half the time you will be launched off a platform or away from an enemy to the point where you cannot hit them.

Rifle or One Handed will suit him better as you can see he uses those weapons in the Riddler's quest.
    • Like x 5
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

In case you haven't noticed, most people use whatever weapon/power is "OP" based on what people are saying in public chats or their circle of friends.
    • Like x 1
  8. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Well, fact is a fact, dual pistols are still one of the worst weapons in the game, both pvp and pve wise.
    • Like x 1
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Honestly how about a hybrid 1 handed - dual pistols

Dual Pistol range attacks mixed somewhere with maybe a 1 handed range
    1 handed melee mixed with slip shot or knock up

At least it would be interesting and new.

And yes since it had been mentioned here and elsewhere just redo dual pistols all the way down to the animnation they look and feel terrible and show me any end game content where constantly jumping back forth works out well for the player.
  10. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

The Devs ruined what is essentially one of the easiest Legends toons to make. How in the heck do you give him Dual Pistols over 1H or staff or even rifle? It's like the Devs decided that Legends toons currently lacked Dual Pistol weapons, so lets put it on Death Stroke.

To hell with:
    • Comic book accuracy (He rarely uses pistols in those)
    • Game continuity (He uses one handed in-game)
    • Viability( Dual pistols suck)
    It's like giving Superman Martial Arts instead of Brawling because there are a bunch of Brawling legend toons already. It's these completely intentionally decisions by the Devs that will forever bother me more than any accidental bug.
    • Like x 4
  11. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

Pistols........lol I bet no one saw that coming haha.
  12. drenz Developer

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback thus far. I want to make clear that we're all Deathstroke fans here too, and we want to put out the best version of the character possible.

That said, I'd like to address two things specifically.

Weapon Choice: While we chose Deathstroke to be dual pistols during initial development, he doesn't have to stay Dual Pistols. Deathstroke is well known as a master of all weapons, so using swords, rifles, staves, pistols, and the like are all feasible options. I'd like to hear from the community what they'd like here.

Tray vulnerability: Deathstroke is our highest skill curve Legends thus far due to his tray abilities. You may of caught us mentioning that in the Live Stream.

Currently four of these six abilities are counter-able in some way. Both Combo abilities (Onslaught, and Backflip Burst) are vulnerable to blocking, and lunging respectively. The reason for this is that all combo abilities offer additional "free" damage with no power cost, (see Donna Troy's Chin Music, Green Arrow's Crane Kick, ect), on the follow-up ability. Due to this fact, only the second hit is vulnerable to counters. If you were to just hit the tray ability, and never combo, you'd get full base ability damage, and never be vulnerable - just like all other basic Legends tray abilities.

The other two vulnerabilities are on a Ranged Execute (sniper shot) and a Melee Flurry (Skilled Sword) both of which do higher than standard damage. This is is simply additional risk, because there is additional reward.

Additional note: His Stealth tray isn't broken or bugged, it just shares 4 of his base tray abilities (a real advantage for burst damage) in addition to a Hand Cuff and a Sneak Attack ability. He's also the only legend with an Execute from Stealth. (yes it has to break stealth on use)

I look forward to hearing from you all. Together we'll make sure that Deathstroke is as lethal as he should be,
    Drenz
    • Like x 10
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Would be nice if he could switch from 1 handed to rifle similar to joker and huntress but if that messes up the tray then I dunno
    • Like x 1
  14. Owl Devoted Player

Could you change one of his Stealth loadout abilities to a Weapon Toggle?
    Maybe even have several Weapons that he could switch between with that Toggle.

Deathstroke is sometimes shown with a Sword, a Sword & Dagger combo or a Sword & pistol combo.
    So he should have an option for either One Handed or Dual Wield.
    • Like x 2
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Actually something they could do is give him one handed as his primary weapon but have access to dual wield combos sort of like how Ursa has access to Haymaker despite being a different weapon set.
    • Like x 4
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

Yes to weapon switch, as suggested in the test thread the most creative approach would be to give him the ability to switch between 3-4 weapons via the utility belt mechanism but that's unlikely given dev time and the likely outcry over the OPness of that option.

So personally, I'd say 1H and Rifle if it had to to stay as 2 using the power tray. IMO 1H and staff are his more iconic weapons but 1H and Rifle gives a solid melee and solid range option.

Sword and pistol would be the best but I don't see that level of change is in the cards.
    • Like x 1
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I think this would be phenomenal. To be able to go into a match with 1H, then swap to rifle, then swap to DW would be absolutely awesome. Really unlikely for a 3+ weapon swap, but awesome.
    • Like x 3
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Actually the current set up might be better as it'll allow for him to KO people much faster, which is more or less so DS's strong point :p

Plus unless the loadouts change, people will really only be using one handed as it has far better counter punishment than rifle.
  19. Wildcat Committed Player

Hi!

Just give him One Handed Sword and Rifle weapon (switch like huntress)
    [IMG]

Replace this "sword attack" ability into to two uni guns attack from pistoils:
    [IMG]

and two handed weapon to one of the staff attack..
    [IMG]

this will make him really awesome!

Thank You, have a nice day!

..and good luck with Flash! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Maybe make one of his combo moves use dual pistols and give him 1h or rifle?