Legends Deathstroke

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ACW37162, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Zhire'El New Player

"

"Worst weapon for clipping in the game" It's in the same boat as 1H actually.
    Have you had a long experience with DP to make that statement? I've used DP for quite some time now and can easily clip with it. Have you even tried?

Notice how I said he needs some "tweaks" AKA changing some of the counters and whatnot on his powers.
    His most iconic and primary weapon are firearms and guns, he has a MULTITUDE of them ( considering the fact that the only firearms in the game are pistols and rifles)and that's what they're going off by.
    His sword is literally there for close combat, his guns is his main factor, he's a merc. he's SUPPOSED to use guns, come on really?

Also, those suggestions you made, would make absolutely no sense if he had one-handed, why would he have 2 1H powers if he already has the weapon? he uses a lot of weapons so the least they can do is give him something out of the box.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No it is not the same as one handed. A multitude of pistols attacks have cast bars. So you can't clip them effectively, only cancel them. Anyone who has minimal experience with one handed knows that.

We're in agreement there but I wouldn't say "some" is entirely accurate.

Read a damn comic book then as you really don't know much at all about the character if you think his guns are his main weapon. His main weapon has almost always been a sword. Even in non-comic book adaptations he has pretty much always used a sword and he's yet to have a truly accurate representation outside of comics (Arkham origins was pretty good to him actually) (and for the record I absolutely love the Arrow take on the character).

EDIT: You might be confusing Deathstroke with Deadshot.

Please read the entire post is it is very easy to tell you did not:

They can't give him something out of the box that isn't a faithful take on the character. As a primary weapon, as stated above, he has pretty much always used a sword.
  3. DlVlNlTY New Player

DP are terrible and theres a reason barely any1 uses then anywhere in pve. Ofc some will say "i use and love DP", ok well they are not the majority. Most dont like DP at all. Ive been waiting almost 2 years for deathstroke in legends and im very very disappointed with what ive seen.
    • Like x 2
  4. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

What were they thinking with this? There is a reason people with Huntress Don't use dual pistols. Joker is viable with the pistols ONLY because he can fly, only normal Joker though. Arkham Joker also doesn't have jetpack. The point is, Deathstroke with his current setup is by far the worst legend I have seen
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He's actually the worst by a good margin. His finisher needs to be manually aimed (something I seriously figure will be fixed by his release) but even still, it is a ranged one with the standard charge up period however unlike others that have that (Faust and Cheetah) it doesn't seem to provide any buff for the wait.
  6. Zhire'El New Player

Just because the majority doesn't like DP does not mean they entirely stink, the cast times are easy to come off by if you have certain moves that can alleviate them, Huntress's backflip and frontflip are the show-stealers here, DP are very easy to use actually and are pretty viable in PVE, it's like how no one used Shield because people said it "sucked" but now since certain people made videos showing how awesome it really was and people started to jump on the bandwagon.

While I do wish DP did get an update since those cast times that deal with melee are very weird and somewhat unfair, I don't think it deserves the title of worse weapon ever.

While I do see the whole 1-handed main thing working out, it seems very repetitive to have another 1-handed character into Legends, they are easy to predict and IMO is pretty slow. Kyle is a big reminder to show how boring and predictable 1H is.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The only thing comparable to how bad DP is is Two Handed. And Two Handed is primarily bad because of it dealing very low damage for how often you're exposed to counter windows. Also clipping doesn't close vulnerability windows so it doesn't do much there.

If you're finding one handed predictable you're playing against the wrong people. Not to mention it's actually very similar to MA in it's clipping abilities and almost the exact same in it's combos. And it has earlier access to higher damage than MA does. MA comes out on top of one handed in legends for a few reasons. I'll let you try to guess those or do some research as they've been said throughout the forums a few times ;)
  8. space outlaw Well-Known Player

WHAT PEOPLE SAYING DEATHSTROKE IS THE WORST LEGEND IN GAME

THIS CANT BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Wish it wasn't. Should have heard Clutch. He was furious when I talked to him lol
  10. Zhire'El New Player

This video primarily shoes how well DP does against other players.
    ( you literally can't even see when this guy block breaks the opponent, that's how fast it is.)

I've played against DD, and other high prestigious leagues, whenever they have Legends characters with 1H, I already know they're going to either use flip slash to a clip or just spam square until I'm blocking to block-break me into a power, I use Atrocitus and Huntress as my mains in Legends, so I already know the ins and outs of Legends. 2H isn't bad either, just do the same thing people do with 1 handed and that's it, ever fought an expert Harley Quinn player? they know what's up.

MA is still pretty easy to fight against to, considering I fight Batmans in Arenas all the time, I know their strategy, see; it's very easy to predict and counter whatever players do in PVP, just look for a certain way they're fighting and you're fine. ( Considering the fact that if MA players go for the shuriken storm, they're still open to an interrupt).

(skip to 4 min mark, MA starts becoming really predictable)

With a weapon that is not so familiar to the PVP world, it opens up new possibilities and eventually, if they're being dominated by a Deathstroke with DP, eventually, they'll get DP on their own as well.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

First off yes, I can see when he block breaks his opponent. Any player who's familiar with the counter system can see that. Second off the other player was not actually that good. He did not know how to properly bait out block breakers. At all. Which is essential for playing against good players. They also both held down block for lengthy periods of time.

That was also in arenas, with weapon mastery, which gives them a massive buff. This is legends we're talking about so that can't be taken into account either. So that alone makes the entire video irrelevant.

Predictability comes down to the player, not the weapon set. Especially with the ones you're talking about. So all of what you're posting there is actually your opinion on it. If they are doing the same thing over and over again, they are not as good as you claim them to be.

I wrote most of the guides on legends characters that are available. I've also regularly take on top tier legends players in 2v2.

Two handed is bad because it has a very minimal damage output compared to how long you need to expose yourself to counters to deal damage and after a block breaker you can't safely land a 3x hold melee attack with it. Don't believe me? Go do the math:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...eapons-in-dcuo-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/

Not in it's current form however. If they adjust certain things with it's counter mechanics and having cast times, it will be a viable weapon.
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

I was really hoping they would give Deathstroke a set of his own WM like combos (mixing 1H in with some sort of rifle/DP action, but without the WM damage increases.)

They really missed an opportunity to make an original character and give him his own flare.
    • Like x 3
  13. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Kind of like what they did with quick brawling for ursa and zod but with 1h and pistols instead of brawling and ma, that would've been cool.
  14. space outlaw Well-Known Player

forget dual pistols i thought he would have mix weapons combo with 1 handed and rifle just like zod and ursa are mix with ma and brawling

in game all he use when you fight him to save riddler is rifle and 1 handed.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly I thought it could have been kinda cool if he had a power that gave you access to a different weapon temporarily then switched you back sort of like how he does during the riddler mission. Could have made an interesting super charge.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

SC? I first thought of Huntress/The Joker. I mean why not? They've done it before. I was thinking 1 handed switch with Rifle or MA's.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Could work, the issue is that people would go for whichever one is better in PvP at the time or whichever they prefer. I was thinking the SC could actually make the weapon deal more damage. Or give more precision so even counters are more lethal as DS is known to be pretty darn precise.

That way people use both.
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Hmmm.... I mean maybe, it's viable alright. In fact it reminds me of Injustice Deathstroke's special power.
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, I'd just like to see him use every tool in his arsenal unlike say, Lex, who really only uses half his powers.
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I don't get how a doomed little man in a metal suit can only use half his powers. (Some will get it. :p)
    • Like x 1