League Hall Kudos

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Please put dematerlization/donation stations near the league hall creation console in the Watchtower so members of small leagues can 1) clear inventory and 2) gain prestige for a league hall in a reasonable manner.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  2. kawe Loyal Player

Ok, why is it a thing to be first at this?

I don't get it a t all.... This "who was first" mentality over something like a new feature is bringing competition into a field that ppl should only do for fun and to grow closer as Leagues. Specially since it's nothing of a challenge to get a Hall in my eyes (compared to beat rounds in SM), every active League will have it in a few days. It has nothing to do with skill. Only on how dedicated your League members are on wasting replays or how many members you have.

I'm all for celebrating league halls. But this "FIRST!1!!" mentality makes me facepalm.

Grats to all who got and will get a Hall. (<- no sarcasm)

I'd prefer if this thread was an official "show off your League Halls" in pure celebration without this forced competition.
    My opinion, nobody needs to share it.
    • Like x 8
  3. junglejim New Player

I share this sentiment . Gratz to everyone ofc but its hardly a thing. server 1st threads should be reserved for new hard content imo but im sure this will encourage replay use. Maybe im just sceptical
    • Like x 2
  4. Serj Committed Player

All-Stars got theirs this Thursday on Kepler Crater, we hit the hard cap as soon as we got it :D
  5. Mister Brees New Player

There was some thought and effort put into getting the league hall done quickly. As a league we set up events for weeks to get our lairs ready for max prestige and organized running raids at the optimal times. Even with the issues on the ps servers we still had almost 40k by last Thursday's reset. If not for the issues we would have had ours then.

At 4:00 Friday morning there were a few leagues trying to get their halls at the same time and all of them wanted to be first. If you don't really care, fine, but don't come into a kudos thread and hate on the people that are proud of their leagues. It's a bit rude.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tikkun Loyal Player

I love server "first" celebrations! It creates another air of healthy competition. Sure it's not a contest to get a League Hall, but those who were organized and prepared enough to get there first should get some kudos. Players have been asking for more challenges and this is just another piece of the puzzle. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. kawe Loyal Player

Re-read my last 3 sentences. Seems like you didn't want to take these into account.
    Not understanding why the devs and ppl make League Halls a race doesn't say I am not happy for them getting something they longed for. I congratulated and I'm looking forward to see all the awesome bases. If that's hate and rude so be it.
    • Like x 1
  8. sterl320 New Player

Get over it. Many, many people love some good competition. Seeing as there isn't much of it in this game between players except for a faulty pvp system, any little thing can be gratifying. If it's not something you're into, then learn to be indifferent about it. It's not, or at least it shouldn't be, causing you any kind of grief, despair, or unfairness. Forget about it and go play the game in a way that's fun for you, and let others do the same.
    • Like x 1
  9. Delta795 New Player

War Party's new league hall in the Sea Of Tranquility, The W.A.G.! Congratulations to everyone who worked hard to get this last night, and special mention to Mr. Rock who spear headed the whole thing!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. kawe Loyal Player

Oh boy...
    It basically is similar to have, or wanting, a leaderboard in-game. Many want it, many don't. Opinion.
    (you could also throw in wanting to remove the scorecard, some want it to go, others don't.)
    Abandoning this thread, having the opinion that this competition is not a real competition is hate as it seems.

Once again, grats to all who got and will get a League Hall. Have a great time with them and your league.
    • Like x 1
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

What he said. As a matter of fact, the view outside of every location is extremely identical.

BTW, then the devs were creating the exteriors...did they go to the observation room, fly up to the top of the glass window with their noses against the window and look down, left, right... looks bad up there. Plus, we can't see the watchtower from anywhere in the hall.
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Yay, you wasted 25000 prestige for nothing. That 25000 prestige could have gone toward a league bonus... You gain nothing..no advantage for spending that 25000 prestige extra. And with an 81250 cap...lets see, 81250 - 25000 = 56250. You can only get 2 proficienies and next week 3. So for 2 weeks, you get 5 while everyone else can get 6 and for those who really worked on that first day and got their hall the next day...7 proficiencies in 2 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  13. sterl320 New Player

i didn't call you a hater. And having your own opinions is ok. All I'm saying is don't rag on how other people play the game just because its not how you play it or how you think it should be played. When this thread popped up, you didn't have to come in here and express how much you hate the idea of it. If you didn't like it, all you needed to do was look the other way. The existence of this thread & this idea isn't hindering how you play, so why even care? Let people play how the want, the same way you do.
    • Like x 1
  14. Delta795 New Player

Well when you become part of our league seniority, you can have input into what WE decided to spend our prestige on.

Besides with the amount we've already banked up in trinkets etc and really no need for proficiencies at this time...not a big deal
    • Like x 2
  15. Tikkun Loyal Player

Who needs Proficiencies when you have raw talent? I'm looking at Statuaries! :)
    • Like x 2
  16. jr1nc Dedicated Player

well after all the hard work LEGION LEGENDS has contributed towards Prestige... We have acquired over 150,000 in the past two weeks.... 15 league members highly active with alts we finally purchase our league hall Tycho Crater USPC 1am est.... yesterday we received over 50,000 prestige in one day... its been along time since i remember a league so active and fun trying to acquire a league hall..... this is what i liked about DCUO having fun and having goals... i dont care about who got what first! just thought i share our accomplishments and courage other leagues small or big to do the same
    • Like x 3
  17. Piqued Pixie Active Player

Having an opinion is not hatred. But jumping into a thread that was created to give kudos to the people who have the opposing opinion to celebrate what they feel is an accomplishment and telling them that their kudos aren't actually real kudos? That's kinda hateful. Don't undermine their kudos, regardless if you agree with them.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. It's how you choose to express your opinion that determines if you're an *******. The words "I AM ENTITLED TO SHOUT MY OPINION ANYWHERE I WANT TO!!" is technically true, but it is also the battle cry of ******** everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  18. kawe Loyal Player

Urgh, stop making me post. I wanted to leave this thread. xD

ppl want competition, I know. Kudos list for SM all the way, and I'm sure they could pull off something similar like this for regular PvP.

Ppl are free to spend money on what they want, but being on this list means replays could have been a great part of it (sure, big leagues don't need no stinky replays xD). I don't see that as a healthy or real competition. I prefer lists like the SM kudos, which encourage us to get better teamwork and skill going, not replays. And I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

It's not about that we got another list for competition, for me it's about what is made into a competition. From dev side and player side.

I guess you are right. I better not gonna read these threads about replay competitions, or who managed to use a new (somehting that I consider a new basic system) feature first. Exaggerating here, but this is how this list looks for me

See you in the next SM Kudos thread. :3

*anyone quoting me from now on better has some nice pictures of Hall decoration ideas. Or I wont even bother. -_-
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you're not interested, you probably don't need to click on or return to the thread.
    • Like x 8
  20. Kid Sorbet New Player

Kudos to everyone!

Power Royale worked their butts off to open the GloryHall last night! Loving having it. What to unlock next...

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.