Lantern Powers and Exo's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lycanthropus, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Lycanthropus New Player

Why would the 2 even go together if the power comes from the rings... This is one thing that has left me baffled
  2. Sovereign8998 New Player

In-Game inconsistency?????

I've seen worse inconsistencies....
    • Like x 1
  3. Lycanthropus New Player

It has just been making me alittle annoyed and at the same time kind of making me crazy.. They dont need the exo's just the rings to get the powers.
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You do have a reasonable point. Ring bearers are chosen, it's not something everyone can obtain.
  5. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i dont think the back story indicates that the Light powers come from exobytes. pretty sure they are preset rings that allow certain Constructs provided that we can assist the Lanterns in the fight. maybe the exobytes give the super strength, or the innate iconics or the movement mode that one has.
  6. Delta795 New Player

We are "deputized lanterns" basically trainees with preset constructs loaded into the ring,
    Exo's have nothing to do with our powers.
  7. Lycanthropus New Player

Then why are we escaping brainiac's ship and why are we being harvested for our exobytes... Without rings the person chosen is only better then everyone else due to their good nature usually.... Iso a real story behind why lantern "Deputies" need exo's
  8. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Not everyone hit with Exo's got powers. Remember Brainiac is still abducting citizens in Metro and Gotham. You could have been a deputized lantern infected by Exo's and were abducted like the others.
    • Like x 1
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

That is just the many ways the player conflicts with lore. Generally the myriad of lanterns were deputized.
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

in this game players are Deputized with temporary rings were not corp lanterns. were corp deputys so yea anyone can be one in this games lore
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Not really. The rings are earned. Cops earn their badges. When someone has a strong enough emotion, they get a ring for it. Hope, Will, Rage, Love, Greed, Fear, etc.. The rings are not temporary, they're permanent until you get a Power Respec. Only Green Lanterns can make constructs like the Heroes can, Green Lanterns are fueled by Will. A strong Will is not something everyone can obtain, it's something people have to work for and a Ring is the reward.
  12. Lycanthropus New Player

I still say that they should make it more clear in the game lore itself because the holes in the lore make me want to not play but then the good points make me want to keep playing
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You want a game illogic how about the orbital strike? I can wrap my brain around how it works in alternate realities like BIA and Family. I can even make the leap and accept that it works on Krypton. But how is it working in the Paradox Wave?
    • Like x 1
  14. Lycanthropus New Player

LOL ok ok i get that one but wrap your head about a lore that is already existent and has been for years they just destroy it in this game with the lanterns
  15. Mirai Well-Known Player

My Light character was told her powers come from exobytes, and nobody deputized her into any corps. She just assumes her powers are like Jade's, only yellow. She doesn't have a ring, she just likes making that glow, because the glow is cool.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lycanthropus New Player

That's the only reason I haven't made a Light power Character is because I dont want to have a broken lore character
  17. Myrdin69 New Player

pretend you didn't see
  18. Lycanthropus New Player

Oh I seened it
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It makes sense for people who used the Lantern Deputization Decree respec token that came with Fight for the Light. When you used it you would change your power set to Light and there was a voice over that said you had been selected to be deputized in the Green Lantern Corps or something.

As for players starting with the power, as someone mentioned above many people got hit with exobytes but not everyone manifested powers right away, so it still mostly makes sense for us being on the ship.
  20. winter13 New Player

Who cares....seriously who cares. Not bashing you but try to remember this is just a game. It doesn't have to match the comic book lore exactly