Lag when using PS4 Controller (PC)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ArchelyMS, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

PS4 Controller, Plug in Play.
    Not using any tolls as motionjoy or DS4. Thought lag still does happen even when using the tools.
    It lags after about 30mins to an Hour and it becomes a slideshow.

Operating Systems of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, I have not played on Win7, so I don't know.
    Happens also on PC Test.

I don't know for PS3 Controller and using DS3 Motionjoy i have used for that when i was on Win7 just a year ago.
    I upgraded to Win 8.1 sometime in early 2015 and Upgraded to Win10 when it released in July.

Maybe the developers can use PS4 Controller on a PC and see if it happens after 30mins to an hour, I know a few does use controller but is it a PS4 Controller? or a Gamepad.

EDIT: Updated with PC Specs and hardware
    Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
    CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.2Ghz
    RAM: Team Elite 8GB x2 (16GB)
    Graphics Card: Powercolor Radeon R9 280X
    CPU Liquid Cooler Cooler Master Seiden 240M
    Power Supply: XFX Core Edition TS850W
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Been reported numerous times since the PS4 launched and nobody official has ever commented on it unfortunately.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can someone point me to the link on the tracker?
  4. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

5. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Confirming this.

When you plug the DS4 controller into your PC, it works fine. I successfully played and completed Batman: Arkham Asylum using my DS4 controller without a single issue and without adding any 3rd party software.

In DCUO, the frame rate degrades over time to the point where you can end up with 10 or less frames per second.

Pulling out the USB cable to disconnect the controller immediately bumps the frame rate back up to whatever your PC can handle.

Plugging the DS4 back into the PC will begin the degradation process all over again. But it drops faster than it did initially.

I was able to fix the problem by installing something called the ScpServer. This seemed to stop the game's frame rate from degrading. But my PS4 Controller is old and battered now and consistently disconnects due to a faulty USB connection point, so I switched over to a spare PS3 Controller. Wouldn't be able to test it out again.
  7. FutuerL New Player

idk if it a bug or this person was cheating (celestialina) but i couldn't see nor hit them in pvp legends nor see health bar
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I've been using SCP Server for a couple years (with my trusty ol' Sixaxis) and it didn't alleviate the problem at all when I used a DS4.
    Personally I actually prefer using my Sixaxis anyway, the DS4 buttons are very...clicky or something. :p That being said, it would be nice to have the option of using my DS4 when my Sixaxis eventually gives up.
    • Like x 1