items on the market place is the solution to ending gold sellers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, May 3, 2018.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

None of those boxes contain happiness.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I honestly can't believe this thread has gone on this long. It's always the most controversial ones that do, I guess.

I should make a thread asserting that we need to get rid of the tank role completely. That would probably reach at least 14 pages, lol.:confused:
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

Mo lets be serious
    They could drop everything in the market place NOT drive players away and do ok
    They could add everything into the qwuarks vendor at a resonable price and things would be just fine.

Rigging a system to drain players and most likely leave them NOT with what they are attempting to buy is never beneficial IF we are attempting to keep dcuo going, growing and thriveing

Thats as simple as it gets. Yes the loot boxes are or have become a common thing sure but just because many people do it does not make it good.

U explain to me how the current system is drawing people in or retaining people. Its everywhere that this drives players away
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Based on what data? We see people post that they're unhappy with the system and they are leaving, but we have no way of knowing how it affects the general population as a whole. We only know there are people who are unhappy with it. I'm unhappy with it and even took about a year off as a result of it, but I'm still playing now.

We can try to base it on queue times because they seem longer, but that's really just an indication that some content is taking longer to run. There's more content in the game now, so that could be contributing to queue times as much as population. The more content there is to run, the more spread out the population becomes, and the longer queue times take.

Based on what's most popular, queue times seem pretty much the same. Deluge content is fast to queue into. Seasonal content is fast to queue into. The stabilizer event is fast to queue into.

There's no proof either way how time capsules affect the population. All we know is that some people do not like them while some people do. I'd prefer to have guaranteed purchases myself, and I've put more money into showing that's how I feel than the other way around.
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

U understand the first couple years had rng but in limited fashion and as i pointed out making cash was cake work.

Ps side of it atleast

Because the games went so heavily in favor of rng gold sellers thrive hence i made this thread. I get oppositio. But as u said removing rng is the only way so drastically limiting it would be some help

Most important thats more cash to dcuo
    1st with ses
    2nd u gotta consider the players rng drive away wont be as likely to leave without rng
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

We went from packed servers to needing cross play then to needing events and now its even suggested combing faction chats.

Lmao nope no evidence rng is an issue i mean the umpteen zillion posts of players saying goodbye and then gone is just make believe. Never happens. Bill cosby called and asked if ur available for jury duty lol
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

PS/PC merge happened before time capsules. Cross faction happened before time capsules. There's evidence population changes were needed before time capsules. There's evidence population changes are needed now. I do not see a correlation to time capsules.

Again, I don't like time capsules, but I have no idea how they're actually impacting the general population. I just use the free stabilizers I get to open 150 or so a year and spend money on the guaranteed items in the Marketplace. I speak with my wallet.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Literally everything you mentioned happened long before time capsules ever existed, and very few of those exoduses had to do with RNG man, and you know it.

You can't sneeze and miss a reference to GU 47 and how there was a mass exodus then.

There was another mass exodus during the year without content, as I watched lots of players leave because they got bored with the same AF3 content.

Neither of these things had anything to do with Time capsules or RNG.

You are continually trying to stretch and change history to fit your narrative Luke, but that is simply not how it happens.

As for being "serious", I think you'll find if you look back, I'm always serious with you, and have consistently pointed out that the thing you always leave out of this rant of yours is personal responsibility.

You always ignore it because in the end, it ruins your whole argument, which is based onthe idea that a game company is somehow FORCING you to spend money on their game.

Not only that, but you make these arguments that imply that the game company is immoral for trying to make revenue.

It's ridiculous. Your position is ridiculous.

It's full of exagerrations and misrepresentations.

And its pointless to boot, because it turns out you were wrong. there was another way to get rid of the gold spammers, or at the very least bring them down to the sort of levels one expects on virtually any MMO.

So if you want to be serious, then try being honest, because you're not doing so hot in that department with posts like these.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you've been gone for a year, you haven't experienced the noticable population drop first hand like many others have. Keep playing, you'll notice it... It's easy to drop in after a year and act like it's all fine and dandy when you're basing fast que times only on the latest/most popular/most relevant pieces of content to then come to the conclusion that the population hasn't been affected much.

We've had a noticable drop in population the past year alone, no data needed to make that statement. It's been easily noticable in-game if you've actually been active during that time to see it. Stick around for a while and you'll see your proof soon enough, it takes a magical set of skills to not notice the difference between now and a year ago.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

Rng has been implamented and used against us since t5. 1st gear then booster bundles and now time capsules.

Actually i know a guy who lets just say he spent way to much on dcuo, but this guy started to exit the game simply because lock box rings cheated him out of being top troll. Progression was not in his control and it was frustrating as all get out

I advoid lengthy detailed break downs of how they did wrong at dcuo cause u know the ban hammer is quick but the same stratagies and core ideas started way back in t4 t5 and still continue and yes lead to way to many players exiting

I know i am not in dcuo right now because
    U dont need to grind due to time capsule gear
    Contents not meant to challange vets
    Even if elite becomes elite wth? Why do us lomg time players only get a couple instances designed for us (elite) previous teirs is for learning end games " pack a lunch and buckle in" content. Teir 1 khan was arg teir 2 and 3 each had the one killer raid and t4 had prime.
    Most everything i want there is no viable way to obtain
    If i want said items i have to sacrafice running content to play the broker game..... Lol pay a hundred plus not to actually run content but to play pretend stock broker?
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

speaking of...
    [IMG]
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Multiple people have already pointed out some of the glaring fallacies in your posts. It’s your choice whether you want to see reality or not.
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

Multiple people are trying to use symantics

Gold sellers thrive off dcuo due to rng. Thats undebatable so limiting or removing rng items or items thats not account bound limits what they can profit off of. I dont much care who says what thats basic common sense

Multiple people can say this or that it dont change this is how it is. Did we get off topic and some of my statements seem off? Sure like the 1 guys saying time capsules came out after the servers merged. (Pc ps) no kidding.

I could elaborate but lengthy posts detailing negative moves by dcuo brings the ban hammer so i advoid such topics. This thread is about fixing gold sellers. They limited chat and i almost want to log in to see how effective it was but then id have to log in and waste 20 min watching chat

Until u tell me with some sort of evidence how limiting the items gold sellers profit off of is not a fix id say i dont much care whats said.

I dont mean to be short with u either its simply the fact i am tired of a select few always trying to argue little side things thats simply pointless

Dcuo has used rng through gear booster bundles and now time capsules
    Dcuo has retooled content to be mind numbingly easy replay spammable content. This in a nutshell is why we are where we are.

Many dcuo passionate players missing the game trying to support the game on the side lines.
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

I love how some of u show up never offering anything on topic just saying nah uh and expecting everyone to be like yup thats correct. Lol

U wanna comment on topic great, we know u wont but again feel free. My statement again take away what the gold sellers profit off of and they beco e serverly limited.

I know u probably benefit from the current state of things. Personally i can afford and would greatly appreciate a way to suppkot the game. I fully understand people who dont wanna pay for things yet still get them being upset

If the few hundred items went on the market place u would have hundreds of dollars u need to spend vs buying them off the broker game. I get it that would stink for many people but thus guy has zero issue giving dcuo hundreds upon hundreds of dollars per year

If the methods are rewarding. Currently dcuo does not offer that. I know u got nothing constructive or on topic to say so have a good day
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

18. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I think 1 of the reasons the developers or the powers that be wouldn't put the Time Capsule loot on the Market Place is because they would have to charge you face value for the item. With the RNG they can charge you essentially 20x the face value for the same item.

Theoretically:

Market Place Material, for face value, possibly $10

RNG Material - $200
  19. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

You don't understand the broker game. Under old rules I would finish content ie, styles and feats and never run said content again. There would be zero reason to run Rotb, pane, zooe, and Earth 3 alert. Under current market conditions I have incentive to not only continue to run those, but to get them in on a few alts.
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

I dont care one bit about the broker.
    I played and pay for action combat mmo gaming. Zero intrest in the broker despite the fact it makes obtaining items stupid easy.

Id ask how u did not need to run said content in the old style but honestly its off topic and due to a family death i dont much care rn. Sorry not to be short with u another day maybe. Have a good day