items on the market place is the solution to ending gold sellers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, May 3, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

Thats as simple as it gets.

Booster bundles and time capsules floods the games with items that has zero real way to obtain via dcuo. I know i quit because every item i wanted i was unable to obtain due to "luck" based rewards and the fact u no longer needed to grind for gear. Simply buy the 3 cheapest gear peices from the lock boxes to get cr up then buy the rest of the suit and just like that u r strong enough

Every single person who complains (rightfully imo) about these gold spammers needs to focus on the cause. Our population was i sanely higher for the first few years yet no gold sellers. Now they are ......... So many of them.

Dcuo doesnt have the man power to keep fighting and policing the gold spammers

The only realistic solution is take all the items we currently have in "luck" based rewards and place them in the market place WITH A REALISTIC PRICE. The $20 batman helm was uh lol but $15 for krypto? Be serious. An aquarium is $5.

B4 anyone wants to chime in with the classic "X makes dcuo boat loads of cash" understand thats the line used since t4 and replays were introduced. All the while they " were rakeing in the cash" they were driving people out the door and creating this dcuo flooded with gold sellers.
    • Like x 3
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Quickly do the math on how many items were locked behind luck based rewards
    Auras
    Materials
    Styles (gear)
    Orbitals
    Supply drops

The negative speed force material as an example. There is ruffly 10 different colors for auras and skins so thats 9 materials right there that we should have yet they are not in game

U telling me the NSF would not sell in a blue tint or numerous other combinations? How many auras were released but only in a handful of colors ? Same for materials
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

In order to “keep fighting and policing the gold spammers”, they have to *start* actively fighting them by taking measures beyond passively waiting for someone to jump through the hoops of the convoluted reporting process.
    • Like x 8
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

100% this would help the GS spamming , allowing people to pay money into the game to get what they actually want is what I think most players would like to see.
    • Like x 7
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

of course, that would be the way to go in a perfect world were everyone is happy all the time.
    only that, i hate to be that guy, lets say they had the batman cowl in a TC as collection reward:
    with a feat attached, ppl would buy like 200+ keys to get the collection, instead of the 20 in MP.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As it seems that you are a PS player your knowledge is incomplete.

Back in 2012 we on the PC server were flooded with the bots and I believe they were at their worse in 2013 but as the population thinned in the following years, it became unprofitable for the bots, so they left.

The reason they returned was cross play. There was a brand new bunch of ......... potential customers but they have been mostly manageable until recently. The current issue stems from a new company that is pulling out all the stops to get foolish player's business.

Sorry but the only thing to blame for the bots are players, for both buying form them and idiotically overpricing things so people feel the need to buy cash.
    • Like x 9
  7. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Give up already.
    You will never see BB auras in the marketplace, you will never see the cosmic mat or the tc mats in the marketplace.
    Here you go again, using current events to push your hopeless agenda of throwing exclusive cash grab styles on the marketplace.
    The best way to stop gold spammers is locking LFG, Shout, Trade chat out for toons below level 30 as well as making it a premium to membership feature only.
    • Like x 8
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% agree. Unless you are going to put everything in the MP, there will still be gold sellers...even if it gets down to $1 for 10million, these companies have billions to get rid of. Lock down at least LFG and Trade. Shout I don't care as much about as it's normally full of idiots anyway "Can I have a Cosmic material?" or "can someone help me with City Hall duo?" or whatever. Let the sellers hawk their wares there. Lock down LFG and Trade to CR 43 or whatever T1 is...or make it a premium benefit. Total agreement.

I still say the underlying problem is we have nowhere to spend our cash in game. Gold sellers are not 'making' the cash...they just move it around. We need less cash influx (new drop gear sells for 3000-5000+ to vendors, just doing daily work nets you 10's of 1000's in 'cash' rewards), and somewhere to spend it. Everything is still pretty much capped at 2K at in game vendors due to the cash cap. I can generate probably 100K a day just doing the normal busy work and not salvaging my gear. Not including the broker, I'd say I'm likely to spend about 3-4K of that buying a few sodas, maybe a piece of gear and doing some repair. That's a lot of disposable income without even trying, and nothing really to spend it on...sure I can buy something in the broker, but that just moves it to another player. That all piles up eventually. Keep the payouts the same or lower them some, raise the premium cap (to say 10K) and then raise the price of vendor items to match the new cap.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

"Zero real way to obtain via DCUO"??
    You have heard of the Broker..... right??

As for Gold Sellers.... There was always Gold Sellers...... on PC.

You "think" there was no Gold Sellers years ago because you play on PS.

But when they merged the PS and PC servers..... that is when Gold Sellers came to PS as well.

So... no... the "cause" has nothing to do with "population being insanely higher for the first few years".

Your conclusions are messed up from the start because you are mistaken from the start as to why there are Gold Sellers.

As for people complaining about Gold Spammers...... never understood that.
    How hard is it to just ignore them?? :confused:

Not hard..... not hard at all.

But seeing the complaints... you would think it is the most difficult thing in the Multiverse. :eek: :confused:

The Batman Cowl.... many waited for a sale an bought it for $10. If $20 is too much.... wait for a sale.
    Or save your Loyalty Points and buy it for $0.

People always are dead set about complaining about prices..... but somehow always ignore that there are options to get things for "free" if you think that the price in unfair or too high. o_O

Krypto $15?? I have Krypto on multiple characters. I paid $0 for them. I just farmed for them during the Anniversary event.
    So you can wait for the Anniversary event to come back.... or again you can save your Loyalty Points to buy it for $0.
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Magneto...how many gold spammers would you have to put on ignore in a span of, say, ten minutes before you start considering it a problem? Because let me tell you, the last couple of weeks when I’ve logged on, after checking my mail to see what’s sold I spent the next ten minutes adding bot after bot to ignore before I could even *consider* trying to use LFG, because the bots were drowning out all the legitimate calls for groups/roles.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No it is not 'hard' but it's a major annoyance for something DBG seems to have either ignored or maybe they even approve of it. I have to ignore about 10 a night...on every toon I run on, if I'm planning on using LFG chat. Bottom line is that supposedly the messages are prohibited according to the TOC and there have been several legitimate suggestions to solve or at least curtail the problem...and there is a problem. Add to that the fact that you do have a finite amount of people you could ignore (1000) and yes...at some point it will become hard to ignore additional spammers...like around the 1001 mark. Wait...no then I can go back in and purge some....to fill those slots in a few days.....then purge more....then fill. Yeah...no problems there. That's what we pay 15$ a month for.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

I believe u are correct BUT what every 1 is ignoring is how many people will not. The % of players as a result of such awful tactics simply cancel their subs and move on.
    Its funny how the broker lovers keep showing up attempting to misguide everyone

Take the cosmic material how can one obtain it?
    A. Play the broker game until u have hundreds of millions and done.
    Most people simply cant finess the broker and earn like that. Since this is not dcbroker universe i suspect if u pay $120 a year for a game where u build and customise ur characters u should have legitimate methods of obtaining said items

B. Get lucky
    Lmao the more sales the lower the drop rates go and some accounts simply never hit
    NOT A REAL OPTION

C. Yup third party dcuo cash shppliers

If the items were in the market place its 1 way and a fair way. Customer gives dcuo a fair sum then recieves item. Zero area for gold sellers to profit

All these protesters can say whatever they like but they can not argue its the only real solution

It takes a day to get to level 30 so if they changed chat u really think gold sellers wouldnt level up a toon?

Make it a legendary perk (chat). Lol to be able to get and transfer or sell players money they need to be legendary no?
    Maybe i am wrong i dont remeber but u want to end gold spammers or dramatically reduce them take the market away via market place
    • Like x 1
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Let’s see...so, the only people who should be allowed to use chat at all are subscribers? Way to kill the game there, Sparky.

Let’s look at a different option for chat.

Private channels (group, league, tell, custom channels, etc), there’s no need to restrict them.
    Say, let that be open, it’s limited range.
    Shout, LFG, *maybe* Trade (though I don’t see much point in Trade below level 30) at level 10.

Most channels need to be available to at least Premium (several to all, such as LFG, Say, private/custom channels, etc.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In the past few weeks.. even I have to admit that there was an increase of Spam from Gold Seller.

But even looooooooonnnngggg before that we have seen the very same complaints about Gold Seller...... and I would only see one Spam once in a long while.

People have been turning this into some HUGE drama for quite some time...... even when you barely saw some in the chat.

But even now.... even when sometimes you will see like 3 Spam from Gold Serllers in a row... not that hard to ignore.

How many do I have to put on ignore???

Technically the answer is 0 because I don't ignore them using the "ignore" option.

I just ignore their message and move on to the next one when I read the chat.

And yes... I do use the chat and LFG like eveyone else.

But I don't go full drama mode as soon as I see a Gold Seller on chat.

I just move on and read the message in chat that interest me.... and ignore the messages from Gold Seller..... or any other messages that I don't care about.

Same as I ignore chats that ask for a Healer when I play a Troll.

Same as I ignore the chats of people who ask for missions I don't plan to run.

Yes sometimes you will see 3 Gold seller Spam in a row.... just skip them and move on.....

Again.... not hard.... at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This. Oh so much this.

Gold spammers come about because rare items go for exorbitant prices in the broker and a lot of gamers are... impatient. It's a never-ending spiral, and I would venture to guess that some of these gold spammers are also the ones selling some of these rare items. The rarer an item is, the higher the price it has. That's basic economics. But as long as people can find their way to getting a lot of money faster, they will do that... which then causes people to say, "Hey, if I got $100 mil for that item, why can't I sell the next rare item for $150 mil or more?" So they do... and it keeps that spiral going towards exorbitant prices.

Unfortunately, the only way to truly combat this is to make these materials and other items either less rare or available through the marketplace as account-bound items. Yeah, I get the idea that some of these things should be rare... but if you're going to make something really cool that people are going to want and you make it an ultra-rare item you end up with the situation we have now.
    • Like x 1
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

3 in a row with a long break between I can deal with. But when LFG seems to be 90% gold seller spam....which is what it looked like when I logged in the other day...then it’s a major problem.

It almost seems like this new jerk has his bots set up to fire spam every time someone posts to LFG, which, as I said, is a major problem.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Gold sellers have been around since before games HAD a marketplace for items. They'll be around long after.

This would change nothing.
    • Like x 4
  18. Chicken Well-Known Player

Putting them on ignore isn't hard at all. When you reach the cap of 1000 it is a pain in the @ss!
    • Like x 2
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The only way that this change would possibly remove gold sellers is by completely removing the broker from the game.

Without the broker, what would be the point in playing the game (slight exaggeration, lol, but only slight)?
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As long as there are still highly coveted items that can be traded for ingame currency in circulation, the gold spammers will remain. I say remove the option for players to send cash via mail, that will put a hurt on the gold sellers. It will force them to send cash via trade, which F2P accounts can not do (not sure if Premium accounts have the same restrictions). Give us real players a shared cash account, that will solve the issue of us sending money to alts.
    • Like x 1