Is my Supercharge Super?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by L T, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yep. Atomic just needs a stronger single target power, and some type of dot. The combo damage is so slow compared to other powers like munitions that also have no dot. I would also love it if the 100% SC was changed to a large dot, or increase the damage. Cause it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, atomic dps is somewhat like old munitions dps with biggun. Atomic blast has always done well cleaning up trash mobs, like biggun used too. It doesn't hit bosses for crap, consistently. Its very obvious from our current scoreboard how bad Atomic s single target damage is compared to the overall dmg.
  2. L T Devoted Player

To add a little to this discussion, I'd like to point out that there are a bunch of supercharges that are self-heals for non-tanks and burst heals for tanks that are decidedly not super.

I'm looking at you Anesthetic and the like!

Mental's self-heal used to also return power. It was still primarily for solo content, but that was decidedly more super than just a self-heal.

Any ideas on improving or replacing these?
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The healer ones are some of the most diverse self supercharges. Not all relieve control effects. Rampage is arguably one of the best ones. Celestial really doesn't have which supports a case to change Life Drain. I wonder if when they unlock has any bearing on what benefits they actually provide?
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

How bout neo venom boost? Is that better to use as light over strafing run?
  5. L T Devoted Player

Depends on how good you are at clipping, but probably. Really if you do a 10 second parse and multiply the damage by 1.4 that's how much NVB will give you. Then run a parse where you hit strafing run in the middle.

Sorry I can't give a simpler answer but with NVB it really all depends on how you're playing.

Also keep in mind that you'll get 2 NVB uses for each Strafing Run.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One thing I’d like to point out about celestials cursed idol is that if an enemy is killed while it is up it does a small burst aoe damage to targets near it. (Unless they removed the burst). You may want to go to an open world and with your might lower the health of one and see how much the explosion does. Or if anything pull 2 or 3 and see if the damage from the explosions follow splitting rules.

Also, this may be to much work, maybe you could list each power on 1, 3, and 8 targets just to give the whole picture of them splitting. Not a must but you did ask if there’s anything you could add lol