Is Meteor broken now? this needs to be looked at

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Quagmire, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Sionn Committed Player

Throwing it at a dummy is not how it will work in actual game play. It actually hit something once in a dozen tries, for 300. The rest of the time it knocked down a group of mobs, did no damage, and gave them no dots at all.
    • Like x 1
  2. Booster New Player

It also used to pachinko around groups when it dropped before. Then you could pick it up and hurl it at multiple targets and have a similar effect. Now it doesn't even spawn half the time and your character glitches. I've had my main get stuck holding his hands up and nothing shows up. Then you can't throw it when you're like that, and can only smash for a whopping 15 damage lol It's worthless now unfortunately; I'm going to have to drop it.
  3. Sanctimonious Well-Known Player

At least now you can see who the troll is.
  4. Zylo Committed Player

instead of fixing the freaken line of site issue they instead make freaken stupid to use and a direct copy of ice boulder to throw. I hate every person who complained about meteor. you guys freaken SUCK!!! now its to late but it should go back the way it was or at least let it roll like a bowling ball. the way it is right now is flat out STUPID!!!
    • Like x 4
  5. Goku1144 New Player

"Working as intended" Ice users shall rise again! Best tank and dps! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH
  6. Tocimus Committed Player

turn off caps look and somebody might take you serious.

now to reply to what your saying, the meteor has had this bug since launch. because it falls from a fixed point it sometimes does not fall onto the map at all. sometimes it spawns in the ground, sometimes in the wall. it was actually working very consistently up until GU23. at which point "meteor strike" had the bug running rampant all over again. there is NO DAMAGE if it doesnt even make it onto the map.

i vote to scrap meteor in hopes for a better replacement, then switch it with overheat in the skill tree.

i guess the devs fealt that explosions do not make aoe's?

thinking back to seeing Jens give a teaser about the new meteor, realizing he was actually trolling us. it needs to return to its former glory, or be replaced entirely.

if anybody complains about los issues, its the players fault for not knowing how to utilize meteor properly. last i checked the lantern light weight ability wasnt losing its solidity even though bad dps spam it and interfere with los and push teammates around interrupting their cast times.
  7. Sionn Committed Player

Yep, it's stupid alright. It does nowhere near the damage of the old meteor, and the thrown version is plain broken on anything but a test dummy.
  8. Quagmire New Player

haha another troll dislike.

Devs has is the meteor even being looked at? Right now no one will use it seriously.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sionn Committed Player

One of them trolls anyone who has a problem with a fire power. The other down votes, because he can.
  10. Valor New Player

Are the devs going to address this issue? The power is broken, and useless.
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It was a problem with the old dropped one as well.
  12. Valor New Player

It's still broken, and throwing it does no damage at all most of the time. When it does it just damages one npc in the group.
  13. Tomaha2013 New Player

The meteor has a line of sight issue same as the ice boulder if you are flight it is easily avoided by hovering.
    If you hit an ally that is standing in front of the add it does no damage.
    I understand line of sight but this is kind of overboard, please fix.
  14. Dump Truck New Player

working as intended, and complete garbage.
  15. Aqua New Player

Lol you think they would have learned from the whole joker bomb incident with gadgets.
  16. Valor New Player

Try throwing one in the tier 3 instances. The very first room with mobs in the Star Labs has some grouped up, and when I throw it, it knocks most of them down, but does no damage.

In the Riddler challenge, the room where they're all gather up in a circle? It does the same thing there, and there's plenty of room to throw it. It actually did damge once on a mob I wasn't targeting, and it did 324 damage. Really? That's with over 1500 in mostly CC gear.
  17. Quagmire New Player

LOL 5 dislikes for a legitimate bug.
    Ah the slums of this community are funny.
  18. Sionn Committed Player

I don't think they even want to look at it. It's easy to reproduce in any solo challenge. They have to quit testing with the dummies.
  19. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Um...I never used meteor before this update. And I like it. I've gotten 1950 several times. Yes, the raising of hands issue is annoying sometimes. But I've found this only happens if you're summoning it while being hit by more than one enemy.
  20. Purefire12 New Player

I recently had the throw hit for 2350, and my might is 2386. however this has occurred only 2 times, ever, mostly when I throw the meteor it hits between 400 and 750. and that is only when nothing and noone is between me and the target. Meteor is horrible these days and not with using, really.