Is Meteor broken now? this needs to be looked at

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Quagmire, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Quagmire New Player

I just ran some solo missions testing this power and when I throw it at a single target it crits near 1.3k.
    However when I threw it 2 or more ads it only knocked them down and only one ad took damage 1/4 of the time. The rest of my throw attempts only knocked the ads down and did no damage at all, not even light them on fire.

If this could get fixed the damage from the throw might be enough to replace to severe Nerf meteor received in this revamp.

Has anyone else tested this? I am on USPS3 if that matters for this power.
    • Like x 23
  2. Quagmire New Player

LOL a dislike? just for pointing out a bug? Gotta love trolls
    • Like x 3
  3. Sionn Committed Player

Even if they fix it, it's still pointless if it doesn't do all the things the old one did. It does NOT need to explode on impact. It needs to exist long enough roll through the mobs, damage, knock down, and set them on fire.

This was an important soloing power to me, and now useless.
    • Like x 4
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I was running my Fire guy yesterday trying out the new powers and I like the new look of everything but while running some raids I noticed that the meatball wasn't falling in hallways or anywere with a low celing. it would only drop in open areas.. If I didn't see it drop it wasn't registuring damage. if in a open area where it did drop damage was just fine. tried in FOS1 and Strikers any time you drop it in hallway no animation and no damage please check this out DEV's
    • Like x 15
  5. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

Agree. It was the dropped meteor that bugged people with LOS issues. When it is being thrown there are no appreciable LOS issues. keep it as a 3-second physics object that adds burning to multiple adds and then explodes for AoE burning.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

I think this happened in the Twitch demo with Jens too. Please fix now. Alos dropped meteor HAS to do AOE damage, knockdown and burning effect. No single target.
    • Like x 2
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

both versions are terrible now, the tossed one wasn't even setting people on fire now
    • Like x 3
  8. Valor New Player

They're both broken

The thrown one will do ZERO damage when thrown into a crowd. It will knock them down, but no damage, and no dot. The dropped one is useless, and I don't understand why anyone would ever use it.

Lots of fire haters out there, and they're giggling about it.

Oh, and they were told it had problems before they released this update. Evidently they didn't care.
    • Like x 1
  9. tthedoctorr New Player

we're not giggling that it's broken... that's not right. what we are giggling about is you power fiends aren't keeping everyone else in the raid from doing damage by spamming one ****** move the entire time, but bragging because you're topping the charts by blocking everyone else's damage. that was literally the only part we cared about. you can have the rest of it back for all we care. really. don't blame others for this one, this was all dc devs
    • Like x 1
  10. BRUDHAWALT New Player

ITS BEEN OUT ONE DAY! RELAX! THER WILL BE HOTFIX'S..... AND JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT SEE IT DROP FORM THE SKY DOSE NOT MEAN THERE IS NO DAMAGE FROM IT,,,,, DO IT AGAIN BUT THIS TIME LOOK AT YOUR DAMAGE LOG IN YOUR CHAT BOX...... I BET YOU'LL SEE DAMAGE FORM THE MEAT-TA-BALL!
  11. Valor New Player

Nope, no damage. Good try though.

No damage on the thrown one either. This is hilarious.
  12. Booster New Player

Yeah the thrown version has some major problems. When you summon it in combat half the time it doesn't even show up and I'm stuck there with my arms up and no meatball. You can't throw the nothing you're holding, only smash it. I've also had a few situations where my hit doesn't do any damage. Not to mention it does much less damage than it did before(since now it doesn't pachinko around groups of enemies). All because people don't know how to play apparently without planting themselves and had to complain about the meatball's six second existence.

Also affected by the nerf is the snowman trinket who's iceball now plays like the meteor strike. Useless.

If I were a vengeful man I'd start summoning the meatball and just taping o to drop it in the middle of battle anyway like it did before. Hell it'd probably be more useful than it is currently(as currently it doesn't show up or do damage half the time).
    • Like x 1
  13. Aqua New Player

Yeah definitely needs some fixing, it doesn't inflict burning when thrown and from what I'm hearing only hits 1 person then explodes. Oh and out of like 50 tries with meteor strike I swear highest damage I saw was like 272
  14. Quagmire New Player

At least it was doing 1.3k damage when it hit one ad. Now if they fix it to hit more than one and not split damage, that would suffice for me as a replacement. Though I will always want to old version back.
    • Like x 1
  15. Quagmire New Player

Have you test Spontaneous Combustion ? It seems to have alot of potential

Crap didnt meant to quote myself
    • Like x 1
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It seems the tossed meteor IS setting targets on fire on the live server

but sometimes the meteor will just vanish from your hand and not do anything, and yes i know there is a time limit im talking about when you summon and try to toss it right away , it just vanishes.
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

Meteor us a waste of a loadout spot as of now. Will use some other move.

Need advice though. If I could only have one move on my last spot. should it be backdraft? or flashpoint? DPS role
  18. Quagmire New Player

Try Spontaneous combustion. I am tempted to try Detonate because of the quick animation. But of course if your melee go with flashpoint. If flashpoint still lights things on fire when immolation is active, cast inferno and get immolation in it then flashpoint. Thus another tick of damage.

*Cant remember if flashpoint still functions the same.

But anyways, can a Dev please comment if the thrown meteor is working correctly? because I cannot believe it is
  19. Bastid New Player

I actually doidnt mind the meteor until I was just reading in soulburns guide that there is a targeting issue with it. If there is a player between you and the enemy that you have targeted, then no damage will take place.
    With +2000 might I was getting 1600 to 1800 crits throwing the meteor around at the dummy. But until they fix the targeting issue it is going to have to take a back seat.
  20. Quagmire New Player