Is it possible to have Gadgets as well?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Batgirl, Dec 5, 2014.

1. The Batgirl New Player

I'm a Tank, Fire. I know that I get skill points but I'm not sure if you can have Gadgets as well. Please let me know. :)
  2. ChuckLess New Player

If you mean having access to powers from the Gadgets powerset, then no. You can only be one power at a time.

You can, however, get Iconic powers that everyone can use.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Batgirl New Player

Ok, that's fine! Yeah, I have Iconic powers that are like using Gadgets, like the Batarang Multi-Shot, etc..

Thanks a lot!
  4. chipzes Committed Player

If you are looking for some more role-play oriented skills, check out your movement tree. Most of them aren't gadgets, Acrobatics' Throwing Knives could be considered one though.
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I actually started the same way. Shadowdragon is fire powered, but he's inspired by Batman. I had a build that tried to mimic Batman from the Arkham Asylum game... batarang, grapple line pull, forward flip. It's fun to mess around like this, but as you get into the higher tiers and multiplayer content, it becomes less practical. I still have armories with the forward flip, but the batarang and grapple were quickly replaced with powers.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

I wish movement and Iconic powers would be just as effective as your powersets when it comes to higher tiers, that way you can roleplay, do good damage and support your team at the same time.
    • Like x 3
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I so agree, also movement modes, I remember in tier 3 days running an entire loadout from the speedster tree and being able to keep up with anyone. Now, I have trouble keeping up with healers with that loadout. It really is weird that if you created a Flash, Superman or Wonder Woman loadout that you would be trash as a dps.
    • Like x 2