Is fire underrated?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Razzbuu, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

Sup y'all
    I'm CR152 SP136 and i've been Fire since 2011
    I always get that (Fire sucks,change to ice,mental,,,etc) from friends, i know there is a better powers
    But as i play tier 7 content (solo,raid,alerts) i have no problem with power consuming even without trolls and i sometimes ends up the top dps or the second, even past years (2012,2013) i compete with celestial and mental.
    So people with fire do you believe in your power or you planning to change it in future?
    • Like x 1
  2. IamINC Dedicated Player

Started with Fire ,changed to try others , switched back so that tells you how I feel about Fire.

Best tanking power imo bar none and the DPS can keep up if you know what you are doing , always gets bashed but very underrated for me and I won't change again.
    • Like x 3
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

shhh don't get people to try fire :)
  4. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I love fire users. I have never used it myself, but whenever I see a Fire tank I am tickled pink. I think that as Munitions I deal more damage when my enemies are on fire. So we are just a match made in Heaven (Or Hell if you love the devil), and I wish it was more common. I only see them every great once in a while. Mostly seems to be Ice or Earth.
    • Like x 2
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

195/281 Fire guy here.

My main has always been fire since 2011 EXCEPT when munitions came out I switched for one month via loyalty points. (Fire was in the gutter for the third time at that point, it was a dark time. I don't usually talk about it.)

Honestly, its such a versatile power. The animations are nice (original ones were kinda poopy) The tank side is challenging at times....which can be fun, but sometimes not. Ive always loved DPSing though, Fireburst and Mass detonation are rewarding to use....and success comes from situational use of powers. I would say its slightly under rated, because if you took ice golem, big gun, and mental WM glitch out of the equation.....fire would be very very close.
    • Like x 1
  6. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Fire is not the strongest DPS thats just fact but its still pretty bad ***. For my first year of dcuo I play my fire as a tank and then as a tank with dps gear. My damage was super bad but I dont play end game and I was op for stuff I ran. After Anti-Monitor event I gave in and converted all my hybrid toons into dps and learned AM's.

At first it was super hard and I hated it. But I stuck with it, started understanding when you get power back since power descriptions blow and do a crappy job of explaining. Now I freaking love my fire toon. In lower content its hard to use any other toon because fire can just run through entire instance lol. During Starro i got my fire a 2nd armory and am also a cr187 tank.

I have not put the tank through its paces but it felt great is starro 4mans. My LO is a little different than when I first started out. I also have no idea how to prioritize my low sp of like 112?. I took all healing crits and dom from top row? I have no WM lol.

But yeah DPS wise its super addicting. My main/1st toon is Sorcery and I feel guilty if im not using her tho lol.

I only got 1st once in clamped starro raid w/ fire.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I was fire when I first joined the game with my Gambit looking villain(he's long gone now) I got into other powersets and I never really gave fire a chance back then.

I tried fire again with the AM era, hated it.

Hopefully the revamp as the saying goes"Third times the charm" will make me enjoy fire.

Then again, I also have a really soft spot in my roster for ice; that's another powerset I've been Pre-AM and Post AM.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

With 112 sp, first get all the Health and Dom from the first row. Thats your priority number one. Once you get more and more, start getting the Critical Heals.
  9. Saami Loyal Player

Fire is just about right imo.
    Tanking is block&lunge juggle. Helps you to learn pvp basics.
    Dps is just good enough to get good players top of the scoreboard against most users. Still no one expects you to do that. Like with fotm powers. So it is more relaxed gameplay.
  10. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I almost always top the scoreboard with my fire alt, and I love the tanking side.
  11. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

PS. Fire got screwed HARD by revamp. Your gonna lose your mobility and have to use all different powers.
  12. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I think every power got screwed hard.
    • Like x 1
  13. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Nah, most sounded good. Fire has been completely changed. Now it will be a stationary power.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

Fire did not get screwed. Fire is among the best if you know what your doing. Besides who wants to just spam fireburst and hope things aren't dead by the time the damage starts ticking? Fires am should have been on the same level with ice but it was not. As it is right now fire is a mid tier power because of the time it takes to start registering damage. It does well In content that has high npc health and it seems to scale well with cr differential. It will do good in SM and new content until other powersets are equal in CR. Don't believe everything you read in the testing forums. Most of the "testers" have no idea what they're doing. I personally am waiting anxiously to switch back to fire.
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Well in short, the Devs lol. I will be sad about losing flame cascade. But they made FC a med to high cost power and turned Fireburst into a low cost spammer.

It will be nice to have more than three moves but I dont think it will be anything like how we play now. FC/FB were both mobile and inferno was ranged.
  16. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

I just bought a power respec so i can see the ice hype
    Although i'm new to the power and should give it a time
    i'm disappointed cuz i heard that ice is op? the range of arctic gust is not enough unlike flame cascade
    And i'm out of power a lot of times unlike the fire i was never out of power while doing good damage
    Anyway maybe i false and i should learn it by time
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

drive and skill matter more than power choice many times...you having the "better" power is meaningless if I do everything in a duo...and you just stand by the repair vendor/entrance
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I like fire players also, but just a FYI. You don't get bonus damage from another players PI.
  19. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

So if a guy sets the boss on fire and they are standing there burning it doesn't give me the bonus damage? That is pretty dumb. I couldn't tell anyway since the first move of my rotation sets them on fire.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, awesome! Don't let those tester's hear you say that. I believe there is another thread, just today, with a comment that the test servers have some of the best, or most skilled, players.