Is fire underrated?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Razzbuu, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It used to, but they changed it. I really couldn't tell you exactly when.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

I think it was during the introduction of AM´s. But dont remember exactly either.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think your right.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See the post above. I think he is right.

Plus, with munitions, the only PI you need is your head band on. Kind of like sorcery doesn't really need bad karma if the red soul aura is up. They aren't the best at fixing tool tips to say what things do correctly. Look at the marks relevancy threads. If we went by the tool tip. 198cr won't get ancient coins anymore. You do, but it is referring to marks of victory. Again poorly worded. It's these little things that have lead to mass confusion in the game.

I bet you can still find people that don't understand tanks agro/hate and possibly still think their dominance has something to do with it. Another bad tool tip.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

:confused:

*Looks at fire in the revamp, remembers testing it and seeing it's one of the best powers, also still has it's mobility*

*Looks at abbandon*
    :rolleyes:
  6. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Oh yeah. I usually try to test out other things but pretty much end up sticking back to this loadout:

Call in Robot sidekick as soon as I get online. Get into a battle: KI > 50Cal > 5BMG > RG > RL repeat until level of death is satisfactory and only hit KI when it expires as I am setting off a trinket or something like that.

I know it does not have a supercharge but I sometimes occasionally kick that on especially in the new missions with the small hallway ads. Mostly I find that it really only has that use in killing ads. I usually hit that 173 trinket that boosts my might for 20s before dropping BG. I haven't sat around doing copious amounts of math on the subject but it just felt like to me that the RBSK would do the same if not more damage since it takes a minute to build up the SC. Then you have the cooldown, rebuilding, and more commonly in my case saving it for the right moment that may or may not come. Meanwhile RBSK is blasting away every second that I am.

Again though. Everything I know about Munitions came from reading you guys talking about it. For the last several weeks I kept swapping out 50 cal. I've tried Particle gun, chain grenades, and all of that kinda stuff, but at the end of the day 50 cal just feels right despite it being slower and interruptible as can be.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Just asking, but are you going for max damage?
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dps yes, tank no. We will have a small uprising over fire tanking.
  9. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Depends on what I am doing. I know that the majority of Munitions players use BG or Spolsion etc, but I have tested every single one of them and I just don't like them. Which would make the average person think "He's not using the perfect load-out, his damage must be horrible". Yet I somehow do better than the majority of players I have played with (on the scoreboard), and I know quite a few of them are actually really good players with 100 more SP then I have. I have had several people ask me after an instance how many SP I have, and the most common response is assumption that I am being sarcastic or "You are OP".

I still cannot outscore a 300SP person, but I usually stay right on their coat tails and that is considering that I haven't ran a raid yet with a full set of good generator mods/socketed gear. I do now have 3 Olympian and 1 SF one but I haven't got to run anything yet. I might have like 2 Olympian equipment mods socketed now at best, and I only have a big 137 SP that I haven't respec'd since I had 116 (On my to-do list on my days off here). You have to keep one thing in mind. I have only been playing 73-74 days and that is keeping in perspective that 4 days out of the week I play an hour and a half if I am lucky, and more-so a part of that time was invested into the alts in my signature and helping friends/league-mates with stuff that benefits myself none.
  10. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I've been fire for years, love it. I love the animations, I love setting everything on fire.
    I Love the fact the tank is strong enough to get through any content on the day it comes out.

The DPS, although fun to play, just does not hit hard enough.
    I can switch from my Fire DPS to my Quantum DPS with half as many skill points and at least 4 or 5 points less cr and my Quantum does a much better job as a DPS.

That is the part that I hate about it.
    I love the mobility, I have adjusted to the blue flame, and I know how to keep it up at all times.

I just honestly hate the fact that it is not strong. Sure, I can be at the top at times, but those other times, where someone comes in and they have doubled your score by the time the raid is over, or you get kicked out of the raid (yes, still happens) because you have other powers that have completely left you in the dust, and the typical question, "what are you doing?" as if you do not know how to play your power. The truth of the matter is that although fire is a fun power and has exciting animations, it still doesn't hit as hard in end game content as other powers.

And actually seeing that a tank (hybrid or not) can come in and have a higher score than a fire DPS is utterly ridiculous and someone should be taken out in front of the firing squad for that (figuratively speaking of course).

The botched AM quick rush job they did with fire worked well for maybe a month, after that, every other power... except electricity... was hitting harder than fire.

For some reason, the DEVS are determined to keep Fire as a power that is not strong, and even if they make it strong, it is only because they are going to make the others even stronger rendering it medium to weak again.

Now that we've gone this deep, there are a couple of other things I hate also...

The Devs have continually ignored the posts about Flame Cascade sticking and making your toon look like he is from a 1940's football field running with his left hand out attempting to tackle his/her opponents. This has been reported for about 3 years now.
    The only way to get unstuck is to be attacked by the enemy repeatedly until your toon comes back to his/her senses.

Mass Det sometimes hitting hard, and sometimes hitting for a couple hundred or less.
    The lack of consistency is utterly ridiculous and should not be in the game, but this is something that the Devs have completely ignored as well.

I am not Dev bashing because I do support them, I just don't understand why this has to be a subpar powerset.

It even looks like the coolest power when you first make your toon. Who knew that it would cause me so many problems trying to enjoy the game. I can't count the number of times I was kicked before I even got to use my first power. I can't count the number of times I was not picked up or put in a group only to be kicked before we even queued up and the only reason they gave was that I was fire. It's not as bad anymore, but I've been playing 4 years now, so I have gone through a lot all because I chose fire.

BTW, If I did want to bash the Devs, I would talk about my electric toon.

I was Quantum when it sucked, I was fire when it super sucked, and I was electric as it continues to suck...

Its surprising that I didn't just give up entirely on the game. But I like the game.
    I would like it even more if the scoreboard wasn't the primary concern of most people in the game.
  11. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Fire would be a lot better if fire burst Didn't have that 45 minute cast time. ok I may have slightly overestimated the cast time it's hellishly long when you're running solos or duos
    • Like x 2
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...not every power is for everyone.
    But if you are doing more damage with a lower skill points and CR Quantum, then you are doing something wrong with Fire or maybe you are better with Quantum.
    Like i said, some are better with a specific powers.

Also...if the tank is doing more damage than the DPS, thats not a power problem. Its a player problem.
    Specially if the tank isnt Battle Tanking. And even if it is, the tank has to be a really good Atomic Tank and the DPS a really bad player for that to happen.
  13. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

or the game is just broken in a lot of ways like we already know that it is.
  14. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

Now think a bit about what you said, battle tank or not, if a person is in tank gear or in tank stance with dps gear they still should not do more damage than a dps. If you do not see that as a problem with the game itself, then you are just trolling.
  15. Ereez Well-Known Player

I've played fire until end game, the tanking side is probably the most fun I've had tanking and despite what people say the dps is actually quite good provided you know how to play it. Fire gets mixed opinions, if you ask me its a solid power in both roles.
  16. C3alix Committed Player

Is Mass Det really the only power of its kind with the casting? Numerous people have agreed:

-It's not constant at all
    -Damage out sometimes is missing
    -Sometimes the side targets get hit with MD, while the main target takes no damage from it
    -It's still not constant at all

Seriously, why is MD not constant?!?! Why does it hit for 70k one second, and every time I use it after that with the same exact rotation on the same exact boss who has the same exact stats as before gets hit for only 3k? If we're cr scaled currently, then why do my dot's from inferno hit harder?
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^^ It unfortunately has been that way for some time. I've always loved Mass Detonation because when it works correctly adds will be alive one moment and dead the next. One time in PvP I actually killed four people at once. Everyone on my team was just as surprised.

My idea to fix this: Have a minimum damage table.

CR 0 - 30 = 500 minimum
    Cr 30 -70 = 5,000...etc, etc...

So if it decides to give you 70 instead of 70k you won't be entirely screwed.