Instances you won't run with the stat clamp?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aikuma2, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry...I'm confused. Did you think that I was FOR reducing mechanics or other things that make it difficult for 'bad' players? If so, sorry... that was not my intent. I'm also not for 'carrying' people through clamped or unclamped content. When I ran unclamped I generally tried to do things with people who just wanted to get in and out for 'some' reason....and yeah, sometimes it was a 'skill' feat that required no skill...but mainly it was on alts with people who could do the feat, but generally getting in or getting in LOTS of times was the hurdle...not the actual difficulty of a feat (like count or checklists)...assuming you had a group of 8. While technically that could be called a 'carry', its different (to me) than 7 people watching in wonder as some 300+ CR OP god just does what he does unbeknownst to them...free feats or not. BTW...again, I've advocated for ways to get in without queuing up, so IF that were an option I'd take it almost every time...so no 'carry' there either.

And no...sorry...if the only net gain of the clamp is I'm stuck in there longer as 7 other people TRY and contribute and fail...or are a detriment like the morons in SSR I landed in last night....(I hit X too fast)...who fed tube after tube into the air machine while I tried to fix the piping...then ran out of oxygen. And yeah, communication is key, but it's really hard to type 'DON"T PUT THE AIR IN' or "Please ADD AIR" on a controller while also running the pipes and avoiding adds....and no one will come to chat when asked to do so. If the only take away from the clamp is these people 'think' they are helping because they are pressing buttons, when in truth they are just taking up space...no, it's not better...just slower. But that's my opinion....we don't need to agree.

If I have empty pockets, but someone shoves a steamy poop in there....no...'anything' is NOT better than nothing. I'll take the empty pocket please.
    • Like x 5
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm totally agreed....I'm also fine with you teaching them....not me. I will stick to the higher level content where the CR actually does matter a bit, and I can be a bit more selective on who I run with (I generally won't random queue endgame raids if I can avoid it any more than I'd queue clamped runs outside of Omnis).

Good on you for volunteering your time. I'll let you take my spot and I'll move on to something else. Good luck with it.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Na na na
    I perhaps misread your earlier post too but i thought what i quoted u were asking (perhaps rhetorically lol). I was simply answering/confirming/supporting your synopsis is all lol
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol rite and ye i dont mind in general, i will give it a few tries to get ppl to listen an learn Nd if theres people worth helping i will, if not, im outta there lol.
    I too mostly stick to endgame but i do watch LFG for the peeps askin for help. They ask more than i few times w/in a reasonable ammiunt of time and i assume no one is helping an thus i will because we want the same result for the game.
    I want better players in general in all facets of the game (especially endgame). Someones gotta help em, if no one else will the it may as well be me lol
    • Like x 1
  5. JeanGrey Active Player

Yeah it sounds like that's the one haha. I thought okay it's all in one room shouldn't take too long but nope.
  6. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The clamp happened too late and never should have been done whether you like it or not. The game has been through too many face lifts, the last more drastic than the previous. The game has no idea what it wants to be, never did, and that lack of clear direction is what caused the population to be what it is today, instead of what it could have been. I truly believe this could have been the biggest mmo of all time had they not been so bipolar with the direction. Is the game too easy? Too hard? No worries. That same instance you obliterated will now, many years later, will become a challenge again. And they wonder why people tune the hell out.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I will try literally anything with the clamp. I actively run more open world with it now too.
  8. Roocck Committed Player

I stopped my sub when clamp was released…
  9. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Can we at least turn it off in open world. Recently made a villain and have a ton of open world feats.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kaistyle2 New Player

I just came back after a long hiatus from the game. Most of the "newer" open world instances have feats that require at least two or more people to do them and my toon went from being able to do certain ones without fail to struggling along and hoping I am strong enough to survive it by the skin on my teeth.

When I say "newer" I mean all the stuff I hadn't done since the last time I popped in. Last time I hopped in was when that free CR jump up to 200+ was handed out and after that one day the time before that was back when the Manta tier suits was just released.

I said it in another post, but I will say it here. I just wish they had something setup for open world instances that have extremely low player counts. Some of the open world bosses in some of the previous content I am unable to even attempt to solo and when I check the phases, there could be one phase with just me in it. Sure people say "just look for a group to do it" but depending on the time of day/night and the content, you might not find people to do it or even have a league to gather folks for it. In fact, I see people saying the clamp is there so newer players can learn the mechanics of fights and all the other "good" things, but I rarely see newer players in the old content unless they are running the barest of dailies.
    • Like x 1
  11. KidKretz Committed Player

just been searching for a few names on the forums of ppl who gave others a hard time about the stat clamp AND were in huge favor of it, and it appears they are no longer posting(part of the 800 ban?) or made an i quit thread :p

now thats funny!
    • Like x 1
  12. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

No point in searching it's always the same forum users - They want the game to be this way but doesn't translate well.

Certain aspects of the game have been ruined due to this approach.
    • Like x 2