Instances you won't run with the stat clamp?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aikuma2, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Omg. That too! Ugh those are also annoying as fudge sticks. Back when we were steam rollers, the cutscenes took longer to play out than us going pew pew pewwww! Hey mantis, you go necropolis, hahaha, berates him, looks at watch, waits, ughhh, why he not back yet, huh!?, oh crap, dreggs!, he failed, oh maybe we should fight them. So much needless cutscene in HoP1 2nd raid. Hey, take this motherbox, blah blah blah blah, I was injured, blah blah blah, boom tube noises, blah blah, mantis monologue ensues…everyone falling asleep.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

tired of these threads o_O
    Ill run any content in this game stat clamped or not
    because I'm not a crying baby, and have the skill and knowledge of the content to complete it

if your geared and cant completed omnibus content
    perhaps you should try another game
    • Like x 3
  3. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

People hate it because they can't go in with an endgame suit and full stats and just blow through in
    a couple minutes.

I know it all, play it all, stat clamped doesn't effect knowledgeable players.
    • Like x 3
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I actually love this raid when in league runs, but pugging even a few people can be fatal in this one.

So many people usually quit during the first boss too.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the quitters are what makes most stuff harder at first wipe people dip then you waste time on the revolving door or people coming in then walking back out. its not the content that's the problem
    • Like x 1
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I must’ve blocked that out. It’s amazing how players pop a shield and pew pew died cause they can’t read that shields don’t help and get blown up by a simple mechanic. If you make it to second boss, you get farther than like everyone.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Some of those I understand-- but others really aren't difficult and I've done plenty of times stat clamped.
    In particular, Spindrift and NGN I've started accepting, because you know in like 3 minutes what kind of run it's going to be. NGN the boss always seems to skull immediately. And you can tell even before the fight starts in spindrift how it's going to go if you just look at where people are standing.
    Throne of the dead reg has been neutered.
    Crown isn't bad even if you have knuckleheads ignoring the mechanics. All you need is the tank to be pulling adds away.

The rest of those I'm with you on.

Guilty. Part of the problem. Call me what you will. "Everybody stand in a circle. Stop everything and get the bombs when they appear" . If we wipe a minute later, I'm not going to stick around and get frustrated.

The good news is that for those couple of raids, you can just disband the instance and re-q to get a fresh group. Probably not a better one, but at least a complete one. There's really no reason to sit around inside the instance.
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I agree, I did say I liked this raid.

A lot of people tend to panic during mechanics and this raid is a little trickier than most in that respect.

The bomb phase in boss 1 isn’t really indicative of the outcome of boss 2. Totally different tasks with differing difficulties. Yes you could say that if they can’t handle the bombs they can’t handle the oxygen tanks but I’ve had the ‘revolving door’ situation happen during boss 2 as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Which is sort of the point.
    Heres the thing many people now days miss about this game, no content (originally) was designed so easy you could Q for it. You didnt even Q when u were a few tiers higher. No one was so foolish.
    Back in the day, full T5, yea, you shout an make a group for fos2. Shouting in LFG to make groups was the way. Elite was never meant to be blind Q’d.
    Its a shame they ever allowed it to be, it shouod have always been clamped. Its not clamped enough. It shouod be clamped at CR not above it. Elite should be ELITE. You shouodnt be able to out gear it, you shouod always have to be learn how to play the game and especially if u want to run elite.

You may not “want” to make a group but guess what, this is an MMO, by design you must play with other people and instances that require a group should all be hard enough to require you make one or join one. Even reg should require a certain level of coordination not achieved in a blind Q like when the game was only in its first few years. They have catered to the terrible players tothe point everything is Q able and that is beyond pitiful.
    The fact anything elite could ever be Q’d blind even more pitiful and now you (speaking generally) are so OP anything can be facerolled and you complain about being too lazy to make a group?
    Seriously? You say you like to random Q, well, do that then…… whats the issue?
    Are you sure its just that randomly Q’n is so much fun because u havent lost that option. Now you prob have lost the option to get carried when doing it tho. I suggest you turn off “lazy carry mode” and make or join a group other wise Q like u say u wanna do (just dont count on the carry).
    Its extra sad because even in elite, we all beat this stuff at relevancy and now we are clamped much higher and people complain “its too hard” “waaa” “someone plz carry me” “i should be able to Q for anything an make it through easy” “poor me”.

I dont mean most of that to you specifically. Mostly speaking in general.
    But this is a case of “Get Guud”. The content is already mind numbingly easy and ur clamped above relevant CR. If you have an issue with content, thats a “you” prob. They are hand holding plenty as is.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Any content that requires players to actually undertake a mechanic action tends to be more difficult.

This is because people at the casual end don't tend to read instructions, don't learn from mistakes very quickly and seemingly often don't even read chat.

The reasons for that less than constructive behavior are probably numerous ranging from the player being a kid, someone not caring, someone trolling to someone being an imbecile.

With that being said I have occasionally bailed an instance if it isn't going well, like cards you have to know when to fold or waste your time.

That being said though, i know with a good group of players the content is easy enough so it's not the game it's the players, it is what it is.

I generally tend to omnibus at the end of a week when I'm just mucking around and have necessary time to burn.
    • Like x 2
  11. Brit Loyal Player

If the game takes away my gear and downlevels me to run old boring content that I've already exhausted... then I don't run that old boring content.

Basically, every single thing that Stat Clamps me, I stopped running. This new stat-clamp system greatly reduced my amount of gameplay. I was only marginally willing to run old content when it was fast; I have zero desire to do it when it's slow.
    • Like x 2
  12. JeanGrey Active Player

I'm not sure what the raid is called but I got it from the omnibus once, it was the one where superman is chained or in a bubble on the ceiling. Yeah that one was taking over 40 minutes and we were getting nowhere near completing it so I had to leave. That's the only one I can think of at the moment.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

To be honest I haven't had too many issues with the clamped stuff other than not being able to solo things like Outer, Sub Construct, Gates, etc. There is the one Oa alert that seems to have been both stat clamped and the alert been made harder because I've never had a group pug or otherwise that had a problem until now.
  14. The Drama Club Level 30

It's not really the content, but the craps shoot of the groups for me.

I'm not going to invest my time on raids that have a significant time requirement, need a skilled tank or healer, or have a mechanic that can't be ignored.

I learned this after running Love and War, getting to Carol Ferris and then not finishing because most players were not on mic, not reading group chat and not learning that the skull above Carol's head isn't playing and will one shot you.

It's easier to list what I will run in Omnibus lol:

Sunstone Matrix
    Gates of Tartarus
    Prime Battle Ground
    League Hall Lockdown
    Necropolis
    Doomsday

I'm always happy to help on older content if its an organized group trying for feats and actually communicating.

But luck of the draw with omnibus? Ehhhhh.
    • Like x 1
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Why? The great part about an MMO is a feeling of progress and strength. It's what hits the dopamine receptors and keeps people coming back. If we are always clamped to various instances, what's the point of gearing up? What's the point of progress? So I can participate in the latest content, all the while knowing I'm gonna be clamped to the same CR a year from now for this exact same content?

It's this type of thinking and thought process that is totally ***-backwards and ruining the game for the new players. The Omnibus was invented to help new players, was it not? The idea was that new players and vet players alike, could click the omnibus and get queue'd into stuff that people were already queue'd for, or just assigned randomly into various instances.

If what you're saying is true, that I should HAVE to form my own group to be able to complete content...then if I'm forming a group to run content, I sure as hell am not adding new players into my group for this clamped sh*t, especially for Elite content from 5-10 years ago.

This issue is that we are now clamped in this content. Like I said, if I blind queue for an Elite raid, for example, Pano E, I have a strong feeling that the group would no longer be able to complete it. So now, if I'm doing what you're saying..I'd be forming a group where all of the people have already done it, know how to do it, and are extra-geared (ie. higher level artifacts, more SP, etc). How does that help new players?

Where as, before the clamp, we were able to complete it. New players got some new gear. Vet players got a chance at feats or rare items. And no, there wasn't 1-shotting of bosses or any of that crap, at least not in Elite there wasn't. New players at that level could be in the group and we could still get it done most of the time.

I would not be the one getting carried. With the clamp, now for every instance (again, ELITE instance), it'd be having to explain over and over and over again the same mechanics that most vets followed and completed years ago. In my opinion, that type of stuff should be designated to end-game. Just my opinion. (ie. progress, as this is an MMO, I guess I'm one of the few that still think we should be able to out gear certain content).

That isn't what I'm saying at all, and I don't think most people are saying this either.

Full disclosure: I have not queue'd for any Omnibus content in months, so I have no clue what the difficulty is nowadays. Hopefully the devs have made adjustments since then. I queue'd when it first came out and I was disappointed and disgusted at what I was seeing in instances.
    • Like x 3
  16. Grim931 Committed Player

It's pretty much this for me as well. I just came back and really tried the omnibus, but it's so tedious and the payout for it is not at all worth the time wasted in content. Especially content I've ran countless times before.

If anything, it's just annoying to go through outdated content slightly above the required level again. Yes, I liked the power I felt had accumulated before the clamp went into effect. I wasn't one to abuse it, I would help people through content or help them get feats that I had already gotten. Mainly close friends trying to gear up, but I wouldn't mind helping randoms on occasion either. Now that I've been stripped of that, it's not even close to fun to go back and play it.

That was the biggest factor to me, gearing up a super powered hero/villain to a level where I could effectively play how I wanted to. Without having to worry about maxing out my loadout or finding the absolute perfect rotation for powers. I just wanted to enjoy the game. This isn't enjoyable to me, and it just adds to the overwhelming grind that was already there before clamp.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I can complete any run in the game via Omni. The question was what do we choose not to run because we don't feel like being stuck in there most times.

Had a toon that needed Omni Raid for the week...last night was reset so I wanted to get it in and against my better judgement accepted DWF. Came in at last boss but was locked outside. The group inside has been in the raid for 86 minutes. I sat outside typing instructions because they were basically focusing on the adds and Darksied...not Granny. I said "forget the adds...they respawn" "focus on Granny" "pass the arrows to Superman if you get them over you head". One dude actually kept stopping to type 'Get the adds', and a few repeatedly got hit with the omega beam without passing. I'll say one thing, they were doing good at pickups becasue in the 20-25 deaths I watched (no joke...one guy died 14 times alone), they finally missed one....unfortunately it was the healer. As the group re -assembled, I re-iterated, Tank1 keeps adds on the other side of the room. Tank2 pull granny and Dark. DPSs alternate between granny till she's gone and then dark. Pass the arrows to supes and if you get stunned and are not by yourself, don't break out it damages in a blast radius near you. Easy.

20 min later they missed the pickup on the healer again...I was on the other side of the room and stunned, and switched to heals, but was killed during the armory switch. No pickup again. Dark wasn't even more than 30% burned by that point....20 min into the fight. I had 8 pickups in the time I was active. Sorry....you can't pretend that all groups can finish all content within any kind of reasonable time. I left (along with 3 other people) at the 116 min mark. 2 hours is too long for any run that is not endgame Elite.

I left and came into a last boss of ToTD. We finished in 7 min because I went 2nd heal and they had previously tried solo heal and tank then died during the teleports. 65 min run....7 of which I was there for. Since the nerf, ToTD is in my 'approved' list...short and pretty much doable with most groups as long as you have 2 heals and a tank. DWF.....is not.
    • Like x 4
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Happiness home? Yeah, thats unfortunately one I now avoid. It should be an easy quick 1 room run....but normally turns into a wipe fest because people can't comprehend 'Burn the Drone' is not an optional mechanic....and I can't burn it by myself anymore....not if she spawns it anywhere near the console at least.
    • Like x 2
  19. C3alix Committed Player

I'll run any clamped instance as long as the group either knows the mechanics or is patience to learn them. I remember pugging Paradox with a bunch of first timers. It took us an hour to get through the raid, but I was proud of them for listening and understanding the raid. A day later I took my former max CR league into it and they kept wiping on it.
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I think this was the last omni raid I spent over 1 hour in. The group was really trying, so I didn't want to give up on them. We actually killed Stompa and Lashina a couple of times, but couldn't finish Superman (maybe 2 or 3 people were alive at that point). If we have at least 4 league members we will run about anything, but if I have to queue by myself I'll look for something I think we can finish with mostly DPS.
    • Like x 1