Increase Fire's Self Heals

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Red Skorpion, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

you can not block for ever ..... this isn't for nexus this is for paradox if adds get up wat do u do do u block or do you grab the adds? u grab them, next as fire i ask you how do u go about in doing so do u go to them or pull them to you?...Now once you pulled them or go to them do u now let the boss wander (depending on the boss) or do you regain aggro and Crowd control them ... after all this you mean to tell me not once did u ever get hit w/o blocking and this isn't a rare thing this is a reoccurring scenario. and the adds and bosses hit extremely hard ....

You still take DMG with a shield up but its not taken directly to your HP

No you take no dmg you shields absorbs the dmg.. you can look at dmg in while shield is up you can view the red numbers displayed while the shield is up you take no dmg because you shield took the dmg...
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

A 10 - 15% buff to self healing would not be out of balance to require lower the 80% bonus.

Your strategy of not using self heals is making the healers need to heal you more is all. It only feels like you are better because your bar does not fall as low its all actually about the same to be honest.
  3. Cream Corn New Player

Shields absorb damage after defense. Would you rather take a 10k hit with 12k defense or 18k? You still take the damage but you don't take it DIRECTLY to your HP. I should have put that word in caps to begin with.
  4. Cream Corn New Player

Believe it or not iI actually healed myself for 100k more specing for Dom and focusing on HP as opposed to my full Resto build.
  5. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

No one power has it easier or harder. They all incorporate different elements that will determine how you should play the power.
    in the past I've herd you mention that ice was the easier tank.

Again, any boosts to self heals would require some other bonus to be nerfed or taken away. If not it would require a massive overhaul on fires mechanics and in that case they should just make a new power and leave fire alone so each power can stand apart from each other.

i doubt it since ice is so dominant right now ... you got to understand its not by coincidence tanks are so ice populated its because one of them is the more reliable, durable, and a lot easier to run than the others are... because of its moves.

Yes ice can cycle shields. But coming out of block puts them in a more vulnerable state so those shields don't last quite as long. Better block and maximize shield duration by taking less dmg.
    Ice is so close to the cap that if you decided not to block your not losing that much defense .... JS
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I don't go into crit heal chance and magnitude and i heal for a lot, but idk probably not even 10% of my overall damage. Closer to 7 or 8 if you do the math and I use almost nothing but moves that heal me 9 out of 10 times.
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

What you seem to be missing here is that Ice's mitigation from power use is still 100% of whatever that power's effect is, whether they are blocking or not. Fire is only getting 66% of it's mitigation, until/unless if the Fire Tank is using heals (and the moment that heal is over, it's back to 66%). In an earlier post you mentioned running as a more health-oriented build and that's fine but it still means that a Fire Tank is still losing that 33% of mitigation when they aren't actively using a power. And if they are using a power that doesn't heal them at all (Immolation, for example) then they continue to not have 33% of their powerset's mitigational ability.

The more I think on this the more I wonder if Fire shouldn't be changed to have more stackable HoT's (with say Immolation, Enflame, Overheat, etc) that last the full 12 seconds instead of mainly having direct heals.
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Fire's strength up until t5 was always as a juggle tank. Juggles plus a large health pool covered up any need for self healing so nobody really cared if the self heals were lacking. Boss attacks were not damaging enough either so simply blocking and the 80% bonus was enough.

In T5 there is nothing to Juggle so theres our main strength gone.

Self healing, blocking, and the large health pool is what we got now.

Don't get me wrong we can do this content it just requires a lot more skill than it really should.
  9. Cream Corn New Player

My bad for not clarifying. I'm talking about skilled tanks. Ice is very hard to screw up. That's why they seem dominant. If youre bad at fire you will be bad at ice but people won't notice as much. Equally skilled I believe they're all equal.

Ice isn't quite as close to cap as you think. I ran the numbers earlier in this thread. Something like 67% defense mitigation standing for ice and souls numbers seem to match with that. Either way you're still making your healers work harder when you don't block.
  10. Cream Corn New Player

I see the same thing which is why I don't bother to boost Resto anymore. Not worth it for a 1% increase in healing.
  11. Cream Corn New Player

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from so I apologize.

Fire is at its best when blocking so I use that coupled with high HP. The DMG intake when blocking is close to an ice tank blocking(due to defense cap) but still receiving 80% more healing in. Every move I use has a healing effect tied to it but I don't rely on that by specing into Resto it healing crits. I rely on my healers.

I agree more hots would be nice but its not going to make or break the power. I just believe healing shouldn't be the main focus of the power due to the tiny amount of healing out it can do.
  12. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

when i test my damage i test DPS dmp per second i do this based on the amount of time it takes me to kill a sparing target or the average dmg i do in nexus in 15 mins...

when i test my Power i usually test how many recharges i can do in a single pot 20 seconds

but testing resto vs dom heals this would probably be the easiest to test and i think you did it all wrong ... you listed no time tables no heals realtive to healing in dmg or nothing like that .... but here's how i woulda done it ...

went into a scrimmage match speced resto did stoke flames, burn out and back draft 5 times took the avg number then

went into a scrimmage match w/ a dom spec and did stoke flames, burnout, and back draft 5 times

also if you look here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...anas-incredibly-detailed-fire-tank-guide.940/

you will find this equation:

Healing Done = Base Healing * ( 1 + ((Restoration + Dominance – 50)/400))

Which basically shows that if you spend your SP on resto you basically gain extra heals... as it would seem you get 7 dom but in tank stand its 14 and you get 15 resto overall TY come again !!!!
  13. Cream Corn New Player

It was 3 min longer than the one I posted earlier. Not enough to do an extra 100k. I blame the extra healing in on my ability to stay alive longer due to extra health. Better timing helped as well. And I also added enflame to my load out for the 10% cc protection. It doesn't sound or look like a lot but it does work.
  14. Cream Corn New Player

You can juggle most adds. Could never juggle bosses until PvP mechanics were added and even then only some attacks are counterable. The main difference in t5 is the one shots but theyre easily avoidable once you know what to look for.

Fire does require a lot of skill but not as much as I was expecting. I can understand that t5 has a huge learning curve and because of that ice seems to dominate because its easier for less skilled players.
  15. Red Hood Well-Known Player

You're a complete imbecile, restoration increases only healing for a fire tank while dominance increases healing and max health by 2.2 per point of dominance.
    In the end 14 dominance easily outweighs 15 restoration. :cool:
  16. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

This raid named Paradox is still on DCUO and i think it's harder to fire tank than ice because of the attention to adds and rapid response time and opening yourself up to serious dmg if your not careful whereas ice inescapable storms them simply making a mockery outta wat u had to endure ...
  17. Cream Corn New Player

If you're focusing on a healing tank build then the Resto would be better. But I'm finding that the extra HP from Dom is working better for me. Skorp is Dom based by the way, he's not dumb. This is a discussion not an insult contest.
  18. Cream Corn New Player

Any ranged power will taunt the target and adds around it. Wave isn't that hard to tank if you know what will and will not kill you. The boss animations could be a bit clearer but you'll know when to dodge and when to just block. Ranged tanking ravager is actually easy too because you can jump over his ranged attack.
  19. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

no need for name calling you just do not know wat ur talking about ... he said "he got MORE HEALS OUT OF SPECTING DOM THAN RESTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all of the stuff i put into red on your comment is now irrelavent so if im such an imbecile answer this question yes or no "does resto or dom increase your heals the most?" yes or no ... the answer is either YES or NO

i know what all dom does for a fire tank ... but this is sourly in regards to healing only healing and nothing else but healing ..... ok u got it now person who jumps in the middle of a convo name calling and is the one who needs to check themselves ..
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

I probably didn't explain it well.

From best I know, Defense and Blocking effect all Tank powesets the same, so I am not talking about the extra mitigation that comes from those, just the mitigation that comes from using a Power.

As we all know, Tanks get their extra mitigation and aggro generation from using a Power.

Ice Tanks get their Power-based mitigation from shields. That's it. Whether they block or not block they are getting 100% of that power's mitigational effect.

Earth Tanks get their Power-based mitigation from diverting damage. Whether they block or not block they are getting 100% of that power's mitigational effect.

Fire Tanks get their Power-based mitigation from:
    1. Healing bonus
    2. Higher health
    3. Self-healing

The healing bonus is always in effect whether we use a Power or not. The higher health is only in effect when we use a Power and lasts the normal duration. The self-healing though is a transient mitigation and if we are spending all of our time blocking then it's 33% of our Power-based mitigation we have either limited or no access to as the only HoT we have is Stoke Flames (Snuff Out is as well but it's Channeled, which negates it from this conversation is you can't Channel and Block at the same time).

In other words, Tank and Earth powersets have static mitigation in that they get 100% of a respective power's mitigation for the duration whether they are blocking or not. Fire's direct heals (33% of our mitigation) are transient in that they exist for only a second and thus aren't in effect if we are blocking.

Another way to think of it is that 100% of Ice and Earth's Power-based mitigation is always in effect whether they Block or not, because we aren't self-healing Fire only gets 66% of a Power's mitigation until that power is cast. With our self-heals being so small, it hardly makes up for the continual mitigation other sets get.

Example:
    Tank has a Power active and is Blocking, Mob hits Tank for 1,000 pts, Tank unblocks, gets hit for another 1,000 while hitting a Power then Blocks again, Tank gets hit for another 1,000.

The shielding (Ice) and divergence (Earth) are in effect during that whole period. That's 100% of their power's mitigational ability. For Fire, the healing bonus and higher health (2/3 or 66%) are in effect during the entire time but the self-healing (1/3 of a Power's mitigational ability) is only present when/if a self-healing Power is used and after that brief moment of healing it's gone.
    • Like x 1