I'm smelling a new Time Capsule...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Aug 6, 2018.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the old time capsules are pretty horrible, out of the 6 arcane time capsules i opened, only ONE was a collection sub capsule, and having made this toon after the arcanes left circulation, i was a little disappointed that none of the collections were tokens of sin. just two dark rock collections and a wonderful toys one. all the ones since have been emblem caches.
  2. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

My guess is by next month.

Looking forward to it.
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm really hoping that if they do turn out a trigon themed time capsule, it's like the kryptonian one where the best gear/style in it (the themed style) is the gear we get unattuned, i actually got the wings this time after about 3 capsules opened. cause i don't want another wings of sin scenario from the arcane capsule with the horns i need too.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Nahh. Save that for during the holidays. So you can take the horns and make your toon be all festive, and look like a reindeer. Shiny it up with a red nose! :p
    • Like x 3
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

DANG!!! I looked at that, took it in a few times because its you know, The Rock. Those were the good ol days. Then I scrolled down and saw whats in your signature, then I scrolled back up and looked at the GIF again. Never had I thought of it before. I mean, its a shame that he's set to play Black Adam, never really thought it would fit. I felt if anything, he might have made a good John Stewart. But never have I ever thought what it would be like if he played.......Icon. The Icon....playing Icon?! I guess now we'll never know.
    • Like x 2
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm hoping they do, or put it in as part of the gear style at least, for the capsule, as long as it drops like the green knight legs and soulfire kryptonian style. though i wouldn't object to them being in the halloween vendor either.
    • Like x 1
  7. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

And does it smell bad...
    • Like x 3
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

Not much of a TC fan, but I prefer the current model. Though I'd rather not see any artifacts in the horrid things. I suppose it's not the worst thing ever, since we've very quickly amassed a large number of artifacts to pick from. But still.

I opened a handful of the kryptonian capsules looking for the Flamebird style (parts of it went very nicely on my Hawkgirl character). I got almost everything I wanted from the style and made a bit of profit selling the stuff I didn't need.

Anything that removes a level of RNG is something I'll support. I'd rather not see TC's at all, but if we have to have them, the less RNG involved, the more likely it is I'll open a few.

As for what will be in the next one? I have no idea. I mean, I never, in a million years, would have guessed the next TC style would be based on the Flamebird armor from a Supergirl storyline that's over a decade old. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

"Daddy, whats this tree branch doing under the Christmas Tree? Oh that's not a tree branch. They look like deer horns."
    • Like x 2
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

they do look like branches don't they? or at least the trigon's prison/matrimony one's do. works for me though, i'm doing herne the hunter, with his "big ragg'd horns".
    • Like x 1
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

That seems a long way off and given that the stabilizers seem to be a solid revenue stream I would think they'd need something to fill the gap. Perhaps they'll run a period where they'll randomly drop previous capsules or even allow some sort of selection period. They could even re-release the mega capsules. Of course its always possible that an unscheduled Titans capsule will get inserted before the presumably Atlantean one.
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Are you saying that the order in the list represents the order things will be released? And you think that means tc12 will launch after the winter event starts? I guess that means November 2018 comes after December 2018, since the winter seasonal launching in December is listed before Atlantis launching in November.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It does seem that way, but the order of the list isn't final, for its realise date could be sooner, and they already stated that the next capsule will not be a titans capsule
    • Like x 2
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

well really all we have to do is figure out what "TBD" is an acronym for. trigon's birth day? titans barbeque day? the black dawn?
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To Be Determined
    • Like x 3
  16. Draconiano Committed Player

They released the movement styles before TC 12...maybe we will see a new one from collections?
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

objectively we've had a lantern capsule(original capsule with lantern auras/emblems), an amazon capsule (wonder woman), 2 batman capsules (notorious and gotham), one flash capsule (paradox), one world war capsule (timetorn), one super man capsule(kryptonian), and one assassin/arcane capsule for the demon and ras al ghul content and general magic users. the only thing i could see is either a full tech capsule theme, going further with the whole lantern idea by giving us a capsule full of just lantern stuff (though that would be slightly repetitious as would be a tech themed capsule), or a trigon/full magic capsule since of all the themes this is the one i don't think we have a full representative suit for since half the arcane capsule stuff was lantern themed with only the wings of sin counting as really being "arcane". if we count the fact that aquaman hasn't had a capsule yet it could be an atlantean themed capsule, or another flash one since the paradox capsule was sort of spliced with batman.
  18. Dene Devoted Player

Maybe it will be A BB not a TC that gets released next ?
    • Like x 2
  19. Eve YouTuber

But I'm broke :(
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I find that unlikely since Resurgence Capsules are scheduled to stop dropping tomorrow. In fact, I'd be willing to bet we get a Livestream announcement in the next 24 hours and the new ones start dropping on Wednesday.

As far as the content within the capsules? My first guess would be Titans stuff since the new series drops in a few days, but Mepps has already nixed that idea. The CW shows also start back up this week - so there's the possibility of some Arrow/Supergirl/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Black Lightning stuff. DC Comics is currently running a Witching Hour crossover Event. More Halloween goodies, maybe?

Longshot: with current maxi-series Doomsday Clock pulling the Watchmen characters into DC continuity, I'd love to see some Watchmen stuff.

I also wouldn't be surprised by more Artifacts.
    • Like x 5