I'm smelling a new Time Capsule...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Aug 6, 2018.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature and Quantum will be screwed once again.
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I don't think we have enough Manta styles. I'd be really stoked if there was an Ultra-Manta style, and an Uber-Manta style dropping from 2 Gear Capsules, and Enhanced versions on the Quark Vendor.
    • Like x 1
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Well said bro ^-^.
  4. Draconiano Committed Player

Let's say you open 3 Kryptonian TC, there is a chance that you can get 3 consecutive times the same collection, you have 1/36 chance of getting the one you want.
    Now, let's say you open 3 Old TC, you will get 2 sub-capsules of something else, and 1 sub-capsule of collections, in this one you will have to choose one collection of 3, you have a chance of 3/36 of getting the one you want and no repeats.
    I'm not saying the new structure isn't friendlier, but by logic, it's harder to get the collections, there will be a point where you got all the styles and everything else but the collections.

Mepps said something like they were opening the sub-capsules for us so we don't have to deal with that, but getting only 1 collection for capsule is not the same as before, it's worse.

Why they just didn't let us choose the sub-capsule?
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

No

You see what the reward is before you have to open the sub-capsule. They pre-open and display the contents as your choices now.

Now you definitely get a collection choice each opening. You could’ve had a 0/0 chance at collections with the sub-capsule because you may have got 3 emblem capsules!
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Kryptonian Capsule = 1/36

Old style = 1/3 (subcapsule chance) • 3/36 (3 choices out of 36) = 3/108 = 1/36

What tilts it slightly to our advantage was when you’d get 2 (1/54) or 3 (1/108) of the same collection choice, so that 3/36 could’ve been 1 or 2 out of 36 instead. No more of that...now they just cut to the chase.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think you are smelling feets. LOL

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I don't know how else I'm supposed to break it down for you. You get the same number of collection pieces as before, except now you can choose all or none of them as opposed to just 1 or none with the old system. With old capsules you also reach the point where you just need a rare collection and nothing else (at which point you shouldn't be opening capsules anyway) so you get useless trash from 2 out of 3 capsules you open. With the new system you get the same number of collection rolls as before, except you can take the collection each time if you want.

If you got the choice of 3 collections every time then they'd obviously adjust drop rates to preserve the rarity of rare collection pieces.
  9. Draconiano Committed Player

You don't understand what is my concern with collections.
    If you open 3 Kryptonian TC, you may get 3 times the same collection.
    If you open 3 Old TC, you will get 2 "useless" sub-capsules and 1 collection sub-capsule, in that sub-capsule you wouldn't see repeats.

In the end it's all about RNG and luck, but whatever, if people is happy with this structure I don't mind, I'm just ponting out that getting collections was easier with the older structure. They could improve the current one, that's for sure.
  10. Perdition Committed Player

It was a chance for a collectors capsule before. With the old ones, if u open 1 you would get one of the 3 sub-capsules (emblem, collection, gear ) not 3. The Kryptonian capsule still has the best odds of getting collections. Now every time u open a TC u get a loot picker with: a collection, a gear piece, Artifact stuff, Quarks. so u can choose what u want.. With the old system u had a chance for either a Emblem capsule, collection capsule or a gear capsule, not 3 at the same time.

the red part i marked is wrong as well, you get doubles in those aswell sinds its RNG based on what u get.
    • Like x 1
  11. Draconiano Committed Player

I may be wrong, I can't remember where I had read that you couldn't get repeats in the same sub-casuple.
  12. Perdition Committed Player

I really don't know where u read that? but it was never that way. everything about TC is RNG based, like i said with the old system if u open 20 timecapsules you could get 12 emblem, 4 collection, 4 gear boxes for example, sinds they are tied with RNG. u can check it by old videos that people made of opening timecapsules and you would see that they got more doubles then actual the ones they needed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

From personal expereince, the ‘dreaded’ 3 of the same choice is definitely possible...and happened to me. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Theoretically, the odds are the same or better now. You’re not pointing out that it was easier, you felt it was easier. RNG is RNG. You could’ve had better luck in the past, which doesn’t change the odds of it occurring.

You also can’t disregard the old capsules that didn’t have collection sub capsules, in terms of the odds.
    • Like x 2
  15. KCKite New Player

Old time player coming back to DCUO (now that I have time/a the hardware). Is there a way to access the old time capsules. I've been back for about 2 weeks on PC, and will I have an incomplete style from the kryptonian TC when they move on to the next?
  16. Draconiano Committed Player

You can get older TC from trading or buying them from the broker. Also I don't really recommend openning older capsules since there are so many, just open de new ones and wait for a Resurgence event (last one was a Mega Capsule that you could open with 7 stabilizers and it gave 9 already open TC, one of each one), but it's probably happening next year.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wonder if it's going to be a Fatal Five themed TC. If so, I hope the style is based on Shimmer. She's been mentioned briefly at least twice in this episode.
  18. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

DESTROY IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Draconiano Committed Player

I'm hoping for Trigon styles, like his horns or wings.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

*walks through trigon's prison and rips horns off trigon* these are mine now i'm taking them XD. but seriously i do need trigon's massive antlers....
    • Like x 1