Iconic Anomaly: Test Subject #1

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

One suggestion:
    Could you reset our power bars to full when we turn the cog on the computer at the start? I was practicing some combos against the sparring target at the start and my power bar never replenished. I stood there for a couple of minutes, but was never able to get out of combat. I had to start the challenge with an empty power bar.
    • Like x 2
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

I was running it multiple times and I love the difficulty of it. You can use the healing barrel for the last boss 2 rooms earlier. Fair respawn rate. It forces you to read his mechanics. Blinding smack doesnt work and that is needed to teach the player. Please keep him as he actually is that will make players learn to explore the rumoured block button on their keyboard :D Video will follow soon =)
    • Like x 1
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

I'll post this in both threads.

Am I the only one who thinks these should have a weekly bonus box? Even if it doesn't contain dramatically high gear, an extra mark and possible furniture drop seems reasonable and more importantly consistent with the other challenges.
    • Like x 1
  4. TLantern Developer

Current top tier content does not have weekly rewards, however tier 4 content now does. For any other questions about loot and rewards, please feel free to talk about it in the "DLC7: Items and Player Rewards" thread.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Last night I thought it was lag but today after trying 4 times, I still feel like the boss gets turned up to 11 once he hits about 20% or less health. I can get him to that point without a barrel or soder, but then he just starts hitting you with varied attacks faster than you can counter. It might be lag but it feels more like the AI goes up a notch.

One other quibble is the second barrel won't re-spawn after you use it the first time. The one in the alarm room does and you can bring it to the final boss but if you go a little long it de-spawns. It would nice to have the 2nd re-spawn and if not look at the de-spawn for the first one.
  6. Outs01 New Player

Others have asked, and I'm curious, if a player's gear doesn't matter, what would happen if we removed it before entering?
  7. MeleeHappy Well-Known Player

i have to say... doing it around 3am PST, i didn't suffer any lag. personally, i don't think the last boss needs to be nerfed. it would be nice if the other npcs had more health. there were getting nearly 1-shotted with certain power moves.
  8. WarlockSB New Player

You do not need to wear gear to do the 2 T5 solos. Just finished Bizarro without any gear on.

Once this is on live it will be easier as the lag is ridiculous. Also, the barrels despawning shouldn't happen and the soda should be a little better.
  9. Electrothing Level 30

I have rarely been more frustrated with a challenge. But only the final battle. getting him to 1/4th health is the easy part. But after that he starts barraging you with rockets and foam and for reasons that make little sense to me, he switches from brawling to handblasters. I tried moving a health barrel up to the room, but it disappeared every time I tried. I tried kiting him around and it ended up resetting the fight. The soders BARELY recovered health lost from a single rocket attack.

In the end I couldn't get it. I seemed to be stunned and countered faster than I could react and that rocket hits for a lot without any warning. I actually ended up shutting off the game it was frustrating me so much.

Also, theres NO reason our actual gear should need to be repaired in a Legends simulation
    • Like x 2
  10. DizzyKraken Developer

We'll make sure the practice dummy doesn't lock you in combat. Thanks for pointing that out!

-DK
  11. DizzyKraken Developer

This is currently working as intended.

Really its pretty cool - The simulation functions the same as any other mission in the game where you assume a different form (with the one bonus that your CR/gear doesn't help or hinder you). You are still yourself inside the simulation and these solo missions really shouldn't be considered linked to the Legends system at all.

-DK
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I agree with you on that, only that in legends, you take damage on your gear too. I like what you are saying, but paying for repairs can be costly until you get the hang of it, so if gear doesn't matter, off it goes before I get in. :/
    • Like x 2
  13. Madholm New Player

Not sure if any balances passes have been planned, but the huntress challenge is far less challenging. I'm not saying the bizarro should be nerfed per say, but the boss managed to actually kill me the first time when I had destroyed the health barrel on my way to him. I'm sure with less lag it will be much easier, but there Is a very noticeable difference in difficulty between the two challenges.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

It took me a few tries to beat the last boss. It seems that you not only must use counters (I always have) but you must counter proactively. Figure out what he's doing and counter it...then attack. Wash, rinse, repeat. I'm used to attacking and then reactively countering on occasion (frequently) when I notice in time and am not already in an animation. That doesn't seem to work. You need to plan on getting your counter first then attacking. You have to carry a heal barrel in with you. The one leading up to him didn't respawn for me so I had to backtrack a little farther for one. His rocket attack does seem to come with too short of warning. If you're not already attacking, you're fine. If you're in the middle of a move, there doesn't seem to be reasonable reaction time to evade/block.
  15. TLantern Developer

Thanks for your feedback! Do you know if the heal barrel in question ever came back?
  16. QueenofWar (Crisis Core) New Player

Feedback
    I am loving all the content thus far on DLC 7

more closely focused on the Test subject # 1
    Everything is relatively easy with skill until the last part.
    Lexcorp heavy mech was a difficult 1v1 fight almost like fighting an actual player.
    With skill and knowing to watch for visual ques a veteran player might wipe 2 -3 times before beating him.
    Now the average player however might have difficulty with the boss fight, possibly not being able to complete it at all.
    The lexcorp mech does then to counter a lot (yellow parenthesis) luring the player to blockbreaker but be knocked back by a counter lunge.
    I'm not saying for certain but it might have to be slightly tweaked, but not EASY, that not what i'm saying at all just slightly tweaked.

i know it was kinda vague but hopefully u get what i'm trying to swim around lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I tried this challenge again today and completed it in ~9 minutes. I was able to take down the Heavy Mech on my first try using only a soda. I was having pretty good luck predicting and countering the Heavy Mech's moves.

The "don't kill any scientists" feat seems like it will be fairly challenging. You'll have to defeat the mini-bosses quickly and try to avoid doing any "collateral" damage.
  18. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I agree on all ends except finishing yet lol. I tried several times eventually made to the top boss and no go. Gear damages quickly no heal barrels or stun barrels because the back is closed and you can take only one crash item with you, I tried all 3, environment, barrel, and stun with a smidgeon of health left on both ends. The solo run and the movie incorporation all are good. Although the top boss is a doozy. I'm looking forward to trying now with the test update.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

It's perfect now! As long as you pay attention to the mechanic and not go tunnel vision, you can complete it! It's awesome! :D Love the fix.
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah. Its pretty fast now. I'm down to 7 minutes atm. The Scientist feat is done but had before 1-2 times a scientist in the end running blind around in the middle of the security. The last wave before the final boss. The casual will bite the dust a lot for that feat. I do like that XD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.