Ice needs a Buff in Damage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CountryBoyof74, Jan 23, 2019.

1. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

I know Im not the only one that feels this way. Thanks
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Yup....

In before, “Ice is fine”....SMDH
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I could say the same for quantum. But seriously, Ice definitely needs a buff.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When an Electric-Healer can out-damage an Ice-Tank, there is something wrong with Ice
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

How is this relevant?

Tanks and healers aren't there for damage.
    • Like x 3
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Might wanna try comparing them in the dps role lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I would say Ice needs a slight increase in its overall damage. A simple fix like having Avalanche with a power interaction would change the way it works and boost overall potential
    • Like x 1
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

i don't quite get this post...o_O
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Huh?

Are you trying to compare someone that possibly has a bunch of skill points and most likely spec as a battle healer vs a regular old shield rotation ice tank, really? Was the ice tank a turtle? Was he trying to battle tank? Bro, you've obviously not seen an ice tank run as a weapon expert while rotating shields. Lol, come back when your comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I cant say for sure, as im precision, but ice is great because it has so many options, yet people are still saying it's bad.

If a few tweaks are made and people are specific, it might end up bein pretty beast.

Ice has a plethora of DoTs, burst, channeled abilities and on top of that it has solid shields
    • Like x 4
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I haven't Ice DPS'd on Live since the revamp, but on the test server. I think its comparable to Fire. Ice has the potential, but its behind backend loaded damage. The casts for the better abilities are just too long, just like Fire. Ice and Fire would be top tier powerset s, if they didnt have to deal with other DPS's who have quicker strong attacks. I think any powerset that has long cast times should have a slight buff to those abilities, or quicken the casts and leave the damage alone. Ive seen very good Ice DPS players and Fire (being one myself) but they are few and far in between. All the potential is there, just not as easy as ranged powers like electric (on ads) and munitions. The best potential, is being right on the tanks behind and within melee range and not lag behind the group.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was talking about own characters, doing the exact some event: "A World Past Hope And Fear" and the Xana-duduhead fight
    In both cases, the Ice tank had trouble doing enough damage and had to rely (heavily) on the health barrel to both restore health and power, whereas the Electric maybe had to use the barrel once
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I think Ice and fire and maybe a few others are just better as hybrid, as opposed to just only spamming powers on a loadout. You can only get so far with a modified AM loadout.

Also what I mean by hybrid is mixing in some weapons. Their potential is so much better than simply pressing powers on a loadout bar and expecting op results.

I experimented with a number of weapons, supplementing my weapon damage with dots like ice devil, sidekick and/or coldsnap. Add a supercharge of your choosing and a weapon buff and you're good to go.

This was obviously a melee loadout but it worked for me.

With all the artifacts out its really easy for any power to be good in some form or fashion
  14. SupesUpp Level 30

I do very well with ice DPS and as a battle tank. It has a lot of huge advantages that puts it ahead of other powers.
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

or the healer actually has some skill? it's not the power or the weapon, it's what YOU can do with it.
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

And I don't doubt you a bit. I'm well above-average with fire myself. At the end of the day though versus other powers, playing against people that have a similar skill level, using munitions, rage, nature, Earth, gadgets, and Electric you stand less of a chance two out damage those powers. It doesn't mean people using those powers are automatically going to do better damage, as I have topped DPS charts against every Power set. I'm a huge huge fan a fire, but it doesn't negate the fact that fire like ice needs a little bit of love to contend with top-tier power sets.
  17. L T Devoted Player

Arc Lightning FTW!!!!!
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said: it's the same player
  19. SupesUpp Level 30

This is exactly what makes this a good game.
    Powers like Rage, earth, and nature are great as melee powers. On easy content they get to the enemies so quickly and often kill them before an ice toon will even get a chance to get through their rotation and that will destroy us on the scorecard. If being good at easy content is all you’re looking for then those melee powers would be a better bet. But anytime we step into a current content elite raid my slower rotation that allows me to play at max range and also includes a shield makes me very useful for those raids. I put almost no stress on either the healer or the controller and I can be in the top 1-2 for damage.
    Munitions is a very similar power in those scenarios and does similar damage and while electric will usually top total damage they’re better on ads which looks good on a scorecard but isn’t as useful against bosses.

So hey, if they want to speed up frost blast or give blizzard a PI id be more than happy to accept that but the power doesn’t need it to be competitive at the highest levels. The “tops” powers all come with significant risk in hard content.
    • Like x 2
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Still wanting that Avalanche power interaction. Just jumping. Ill be coming back from break soon and I figured I would get a nice start on "maximizing my potential" ;)