I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

They can, but they have to go back for the few players and help them get up to the endgame. Rather than climbing over them and leaving once they themselves get over..

[IMG]
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True, but sadly that's not how humanity works. There is no controlling what the community does unless the devs force or shift it somehow.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

And youre making my argument for me as to why we cant have a optional system without stripping the unclamped version of rewards.

Doesnt take more then 30 seconds to understand what humans are going to do if you offer them an easy out. The vast majority are going to take it. To think that wouldn't happen is downright ignorant. But game design is adversarial to players by design, and you're asking them to remove the adversary.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youre right, so at this point its on the community. So try and group up, deal with the small population, or move to the USPS/C
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It shouldn't be that way. The company should care about each platform equally, and try to make adjustments that benefit all of them simultaneously, or just shut them down. Leaving anything up to the community is a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  6. Grim931 Committed Player

Why is this always brought up? The same rewards? Who is asking for this? Can you quote this request from any of us?

No one. Absolutely no one on this side of the argument has ever requested the same exact rewards for less effort.

As far as I'm aware, most of us were on board with it being EXACTLY as it was pre-clamp. Loot locks returning, 1 mark per-boss, and the old loot table only. No escalating gear, and losing a majority of the marks earned if you were out of relevancy. You get in, feel your characters full growth, have fun (crazy in a video game... right?), and get out. It wouldn't be a drain on the rest of the community if they adapted Rein's AQS system on top of it.

The only factor that is ever brought up and debated with is Feats. Anti-clamp side doesn't see a problem with them being available (even limiting it to certain feats only, like simple counter feats or event style currently). We just want them more accessible and attainable for everyone, and see the blatant absurdity of this "requirement" this late in the game's lifespan.

Pro-clampers lose their minds over this, saying it destroys everything they stand for and they'll go to a manager if this is even remotely considered... completely unacceptable and off the table. Players have to earn them, exactly how we didn't for 10+ years...
    • Like x 3
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im sure they do, clamping the content and condensing the content into smaller tiers was a lot of work and it forced players closer together so more overlap happens.

If the players want to fight the overlap to isolate themselves to a smaller pool of players, because they wont wanna run old content on lesser populated servers. Then you cant help that. That is an issue only individuals can solve.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Feats are a no go,

Styles are a no go since they contribute to feats.

Investigations are fine.

But anything unclamped SHOULD NOT CONTRIBUTE TO CHARACTER PROGRESSION.

I remember during the run-up to Dragon Soul LFR, people wanted to "experience" the content. But then people felt that their time should be rewarded....With gear better then 5 man heroics, but so mechanically impotent, i could fall asleep on the raid and be alright. But what was the point of Heroic 5 mans, if this raid was easier and gave me better gear? (outside the weekly/daily lockout)
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That one-size-fits-all bandaid was absolutely not a lot of work lol . It was even admitted they implemented it so they didn't have to actually DO a lot of work i.e. targeted adjustments.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

So, you would be okay if they retroactively removed feats that you obtained outside of a "current 3 episodes" radius?
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

Thank you for proving my point.

Do I need to get the manager?
    • Like x 3
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Personally, I don't care. The achievement system isn't enoyable for me. But I'm completely fine that you got godfathered in, Keeps you guys happy. But now you guys play by a different set of rules now going forward, and I'm ok with that as well
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Great to know! But what's with the "you guys", have you never gotten feats outside of relevant content? Are you not grandfathered as well?
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Target adjustments are always to come second. You game was fundimentally broken progression wise and it needed blanket adjustments to get that problem under control.

Personally I'm worn out from debating this. Whoever has a side chose it years ago and isn't gonna be moved. Mepps last mentioned targeted adjustments (DWF) and was waiting for more. But since then nothing, just more screaming about "The stat clamp suck, get rid of it" which they clearly don't care about. They are looking for feedback, not noise.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, second because they implemented the one-size-fits-all bandaid to avoid having to work on every instance one by one. Exactly what I was stating lol. I've always been here trying to advocate for targeted adjustments, in which they said they would look into but haven't, so you are right in that all other discussions are merely hypothetical "noise".

I had at least 5 instances mentioned in my outlier thread. The first one was Clocktower Elite, also never looked into.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Addressing rampant power creep is considered a 1 sized fits all bandaid?
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Who cares, new rules now u have to play by. Stop living in the past.
  18. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Wait. You are advocating thar old content should be ran in exactly the same manner as when it first came out AND accusing other people of "living in the past?"

LOL
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Is it as hard at day 1 released content? Not even close. Mechanically demanding raids like Wave are a lot easier then they were at release. If your group doesn't follow mechanics it'll feel like day 1 of release
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

A one-size-fits-all bandaid TO address power creep... Yes.