I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you meant July 7, 2021....but you're correct on the revamp in 2017
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, Thank you. I was in a hurry as I am supposed to be working right now lol
    • Like x 3
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So let me get this straight. If YOU bust someone's chops...it's a joke. If they bust yours back in return(and generally more effectively), it's aggressive. Got it.:rolleyes:

It's just funny that even with your tendency to parallel me to a comedian, you seem to always think I'm firing back with anger vs busting your chops. Now...admittedly there is a sprinkle of both in SOME posts, and I don't begrudge anyone their right to take things the wrong way...but don't call out others for taking it the wrong way WHILE you are also taking it the wrong way.

And I never saw the show or heard the song. Just looked it up when you posted it to see what show it was from. The unicorn show is newer than when my kids were watching that stuff, but from the few CareBears I ever saw, I didn't recall it from that. I have boys, and they didn't really get into that kind of show so I looked it up.
    • Like x 2
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

Literally all I was trying to do was explain to you that you made a bad joke and can't grasp what "cheese" is in video games. Anything that takes years to accomplish probably isn't cheese... and the tasks at hand were nothing more than artificial time sinks when the content was at it's peak, like counter feats or style feats. They were trying to extend that specific lifespan of the content when it was current, to keep people invested while it was the End Game content. It makes absolutely no sense to make these require almost the same amount of time investment now in EEG, especially when the feat list is ever expanding. They also don't really have a need to keep people retained with feats in EEG, people are after gear and marks. Joking or not, what you were saying made no sense.

I apologize for sounding condescending, but the original post was beyond ridiculous. I don't see how you can post that, yet suddenly become the victim when people point out how wrong the post was (and throw the same thing back at you...). If you can't take it when it's directed at you, why say it in the first place? I will admit I took it a little too far, and I'm sorry for that, but I'm not about to play the victim if I was the one who started it in the first place...

I really didn't think I had an ego, or "big head"? I don't care what people think of me, one way or the other, and I'm not above making mistakes. What I am capable of, though, is reconsidering something I've said or done that may have been wrong.

Also, too far with that last joke. Some things just shouldn't be said, and that was probably one of them. I was trying to lighten the mood (I'm not even that old, just able to take a joke and roll with it), and you drove it right back down with that.
    • Like x 2
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It absolutely wasn't a walk in the park that's for sure. Well, except when I "cheesed" all of the counter, style, and time capsule feats.

Edit: I forgot to mention how I cheesed all of the Legends PVE feats using the legends bonus week. Don't shun me too hard!

Edit edit: Also, imagine trying to belittle me for all the years of hard grind and money I put into the game. I guess it really was a joke lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's just putting emphasis on a particular word. As you say...it's hard to convey things typing.

IF I EVER START TYPING FULL SENTENCES LIKE THIS...
    [IMG]

I mean unless I'm replying to someone who writes a whole post like that.

Oh, and you are a gatekeeper. I make no bones about that. CAPS or not....it's just plain true.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I didn't say I was playing for 13 years. Read it again. I also did not get a "free 200 SP". This thread is nothing about a revamp, idk what you are going off about that for. Seriously, read my message again and keep deflecting. You were the one "playing" all these years and don't even have 500SP, and then trying to say I'm not a real player and my "server doesn't count" for some reason. I never tried to be popular, nor ever welcomed the pedestal people always constantly tried to place me on. I'm also not competitive. Getting feats was simply just what I liked to do in the game. It clearly shows I've played the game through it's ins and outs. The hell do I need to apologize for?
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Geez, it's like I'm damned if I do damned if I don't lol. People belittling for my not liking to Artifact swap (my don'ts) and now my accomplishments (my do's). Haters everywhere gonna hate!

Edit: But that's one reason I was glad I stopped having most SP on Xbox finally after over a year, the hate was real bad (especially since I'm a villain), and people constantly tried to place me on a pedestal I never wanted to be on. Oh, and the expectations were horrible. Game got so toxic.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The funny thing about most of the 'you gotta earn it' people is they don't realize that if they have a good group of endgame players who are feat hunting 'current' feats, it's 100% easier to get done than even going back clamped or in some case even unclamped as at that point the pool of people to accompany you on those runs are detrimental to getting them done. All the endgame players are playing the current content and working on current feats when that content is current. In a year, they won't be, so even assembling a group of 8 bodies can be a challenge, much less even moderately capable players. THAT is what makes the feats harder and more time consuming. Sorry, but you can't 'get gud' your way through a 7 other person requirement. No matter how 'gud' you get.

Can you get them done? Sure. Anything is possible. Can you get them done anywhere near as 'easy' or 'cheesed' as you can in a group today? Nah...sorry. I'd wager you could have a group knock out every feat in a current raid before a group is even built to attempt a single feat in a years old one.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You replying to yourself Bro? I appreciate you driving the page count up, but don't start talking to yourself...people will begin to say you are....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This reminds me of one of my counterpoints to toxicity I've faced from the "elite community" on Xbox, they judged me for not beating TSWe+ (even though only 2 leagues even could), so I asked... "Will you help me then?"... To be met with.."No git good". I'm fine but where do I get the 7 other people? What about them? Acting like I can solo this shiz lmfao
    • Like x 1
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Please stop feeding the troll. They're deliberately "misunderstanding" and misrepresenting what you say so you'll keep engaging with them. If you keep responding to defend yourself, you're just giving them attention. AFAIC, you've got no need to defend yourself against someone who argues in bad faith.
    • Like x 2
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was adding to it and passed the 30 minute edit limit whilst I was trying to edit it lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I guess I can't help it, and tbh that's probably partially what got me into the toxic hole on Xbox as well. Always defending myself against the constant influx of elitism/haters. I guess it's a phobia of mine to be misunderstood.

I normally don't care what people think or say about me, but it the bad rumors started to impact my ability to play the game. As is known, people stopped inviting me because I was deemed "trash" by the elite community because of my dislike of artifict swapping as a buff troll. One of the reasons I quit, couldn't get anything done anymore even if I tried. Ah well. Glad I didn't have to deal with the horror shows I've heard about (even from the horses mouth) when it comes to elite+. I was told even after a few episodes it's still basically an 8 hour ordeal of yelling at each other. No thanks if that's what the game has become just for a few measly feats haha.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I can imagine, and honestly it's probably MORE doable on PC/PS as there's a bigger player base...and there ARE a few 'gud' people doing what you did to try and catch up in a few years...which means MAD grinding feats.

However... are there enough of them to go around? Are they random queuing/LFG or absorbed into some league who will volunteer to help them? Even if they are out in the wild...8 of them...what's the chances they find each other...repeatedly?

I've watched people in LFG on PC/PS for HOURS...shouting just to enter an old run that isn't just an easy marks run. Add some feat, much less some 'hard' feat....You'll be lucky to knock out 1 SP a day on a good day. 800 SP? Guess that would only take a few years of doing that constently....no biggie, right?
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Tricks? Like having to figure out how to beat ToTDE with 1 person and a decoy filler for the no death feat...c'mon man...that was an achievement even running unclamped. Way easier to get that feat now (assuming you can get a group together) since they removed the 'interesting' mechanic on Ares and nerfed the punisher/shade explosion....if the game doesn't think people need to 'get gud' why are you so stuck on it?
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You still don't get it huh? The reason someone would have to do that kind of work was because no one really wanted to do the old content before, not more than getting in and out on occasion. They don't really want to do it now either....well, outside of marks spam...that they'll do all day, well as soon as they replayed themselves to a 1st week 'completion' on the new stuff that is. Why do you think all them 'lete players will still be wearing OP gear, art swapping, skiping adds and using whatever 'cheese' is available? It's to get OUT of that content as fast as possible with a few shillings or maybe a shiny drop in their pocket. Your false deity did nothing except make things slower and make the gate 'supporters' happier as they can sit on their high horse a little higher now.

But if it's taken nearly 400 pages and you still can't comprehend that....I suppose we'll have to keep going till 500 now. Proxy....looks like 400 won't do it...Sorry.

Thanks for bringing the conversation all the way back to day 1.
    • Like x 3
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Hey!.... Let's remember this is a family game....!!!
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I can't speak for Proxy... But I'm only in this thread because I want to see when it hits 400. I don't think I have it in me to wait another 100 pages, though... :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmm... Funny, seems like 'you do you' is kind of what we've been going for all these 2+ years. I'm not the one who's told other people how they should enjoy the game. I've always been fine for YOU to sit in a queue all day if you want. Have fun.

Glad you've finally seen the light.
    • Like x 1