I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

Those poor players who struggle with said content.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Just wait till they tire themselves out, and then pounce! Slow & steady, the ultimate killer move !
    • Like x 1
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

This isn't about "struggling"... No one is struggling.

You complain that these threads go on and on for far too long.

They wouldn't go on if you would just stop repeating these same strawman falsehoods... and we didn't have to correct you every single time.
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

XD meanwhile 2 years into the clamp and no further dev responses on the subject nor movement. This debate is over.

You have to convince the developers to overturn the clamp as far as asking to faceroll content hasnt gotten anywhere. Why not a different approach?

Asking to steamroll content for newbies isnt a good enough reason.

Asking for it back "because that is how we got feats" isnt a reason.

Wanting uncontrolled power creep isnt a good enough reason.

What other tired excuse you have in the bag?
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The joy of pissing people like you off if it did get revamped?

Maybe more people actually enjoying old content... and feeling more invested int the game.... which would translate into more steady money being spent.... instead of relying on these desperate $100 here, $200 there cash-grab stunts.

The mere benefit of enjoying the progress that spent building that character?

And yeah... "because that is how we got feats" IS a reason... I mean, it is how you got most of your feats.

MY different approach was not spending far too much money on this game that I used to enjoy playing a lot more before the clamp.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    • Like x 2
  6. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

What? You don't remember all the times people rage quit because of uncontrolled power creep!?
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Like the supposed players who quit because of the clamp even thou numbers show an increase in population?

Oh but let’s put that aside. Another funny claim I hear from you guys is the “removing the clamp will make people play more”. When removing the clamp will make content go buy much faster. So players would actually spend less time there. Unless we go off why ghost wants and also get full rewards do no effort. In which case players would spam easy stuff and ruin the economy.

We able to spam a 1min raid including cutscenes for 8-10 marks? I’m sure things that cost SMs would remain the same price lol. Or I’m sure no other SM sinks will be added. Lol
  8. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I'm not unreasonable thus willing to compromise.

The stat clamp is the dumbest thing ever added to the game, but coming in a close second is the stat boost we get in later content. Ditch them both.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

No matter how many of these threads with countless pages get posted...It is obvious the Devs aren't going to make adjustments. Especially when the intent is that everyone experiences the same experience of completing content through executing the mechanics, and not just face rolling them simply because they are inconvenient.
    • Like x 2
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) "Numerous threads with countless pages"... should be sign that adjustments should be made...

2) "the same experience of completing content"... Sure, for the first year or so..... but, "the same experience of completing content" over and over... and over... for yeeaaars??.... No thanks. Hard pass.

3) "inconvenient"... isn't a word one should be used describing their video game of choice...

I'm not saying that mechanics should be ignored....
    But, yes, mechanics should be adhered to... as long as they are necessary...
    When one gets strong enough to overpower some of them.... That's what should happen. Being "inconvenient" shouldn't mean ALWAYS "inconvenient"...

You get stronger... and move on to the next material with new mechanics that would be considered "inconvenient" (your word - I would use "necessary... until not" )
    • Like x 1
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Sure if it was a solo...but, the game is predicated on group play where not everyone is on the same level as you. Separating the community is the same as dividing players into separate categories based on CR and Skill....which 1) The community can't support 2) The CR skip kills any notion of it.
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Reducing everyone to the same level isn't a viable answer, either.... It kills progression and motivation.

I'm tired of the "other players aren't skilled enough" excuse being used as a reason for my character to be reduced to their unskilled level.

THAT is not how video games should run... or played.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It is a MMO...not everyone will carry the same skill, stats, etc. The Devs have made their position clear regardless. Progression isn't removed. If one can complete a clamped instance now, but couldn't complete the instance before it moved to EEG....then that is progression.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Dumbest according to you. But you don’t decide what is and isn’t essential for the game. You guys like to claim that the clamp is driving players away in droves and killing the game. We say it isn’t. You say we have no proof and the data we show doesn’t count. If that doesn’t count that you definitely have no proof that the clamp is driving people away.

There are only 2 official data charts that we have access too. One is the steam population chart that measure the actual population of their specific server. And the second is the eg7 profit chart that they released. Both charts show an increase. Other than that the only other source of information comes from the devs. The devs have stated that membership numbers have increased. Yet you want to ignore all of that for no reason other that it doesn’t line up with what you believe. That in itself is unreasonable.

Even if you ignore all of that you then have to look at the fact that the clamp is still here and the gam hasn’t gone anywhere. The original “stats clamp” there were planning on making was scrapped due to negative feedback. Yet they ended up making a second clamp which is what we have now. This itself shows that the clamp was in fact needed. Otherwise they wouldn’t have added it after the negative feedback they had received. So the clamps was needed. And it is still here. So this indicates that all these people that you guy claim to be leaving is either not as many and you guys claim or the amount of players gained since has higher than the ones who had left.

So then you have to once again ignore all of that and completely ignore the data, dev official statements, indicators of the status of the game and more. All for what? To either remove the clamp or make an optional clamp?

You guys claim the population is so low but want an optional clamp to further divide the ques? (Unreasonable)
    Ghost has stated he wants the clamp removed but to also keeps all the rewards. So he wants a broken economy and wants to ignore everyone else’s experience as long as he gets what he wants. (Very unreasonable).
    Whether the clamp is removed or made optional the devs would then also have to devote time to continue maintaining both versions of instances. Including any bugs that would appear due to an unclamped environment. (Also unreasonable)
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As far as the "inconvenient" argument goes...

Taking longer to do the same content that one would do doesn't actually mean that they are playing "longer"... They're doing the same content and calling it quits.

The point is that the unclamped would do more content in the same amount of time... and, in doing more content, be more invested in the game... and then spend more time playing the game.

Putting a ridiculous speed limit on a car doesn't mean that you spend more time in the car traveling... It just means that you are in the car longer getting to Point B... and enjoying it less.
    If one is allowed to enjoy driving his car at will....
    One would be more likely to spend time driving to places that he wouldn't normally go to ... One would create a desire for a Point C, Point D, down to Z..... even driving just to actually "joy ride".... and even more likely to give other people a lift to where they need to go.

That said...
    Who is more likely to spend more money on their car(s).... the guy who can only drive 15 mph?... or the guy who can drive as fast as he wants on The Autobahn?
    • Like x 2
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

No.... Not really...

But... I won't be able to convince you otherwise.

Moving up from grade to grade in school is progress... Moving from the elementary school to the high school is progress.

Being hit in the head when you walk into the elementary school building so hard that you no longer have the knowledge that you learned over the last 11 years... so you will be on the same level as the first graders.... isn't progress.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It still doesn't work that way. Not in this particular MMO where there are a variety of stats applied to a character based on CR (Level Gear), SP, and other tools provided where everyone in a group is expected to execute the same mechanics in any given instance regardless of skill level, CR (Level Gear) and other tools available. So, the analogy doesn't apply, especially when applying a CR skip as a variable.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I want this thread to get to 300
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

There's probably some metaphor here....
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I would 100% agree on optional non stat revamped content on 1 condition - NO Dev support from the moment it is released.. no outliers fixed, no glitching bosses fixed etc - like a game that is no longer supported etc

That will never happen but it brings up a good point and that is the maintenance of a pre stat revamp "option" would be so time consuming.. and for what?
    • Like x 1