I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Haha I'm not sure you having 7 other character sessions makes my point any less valid lol
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Lol.

Of course you're for "feats made easy" when those feats don't let you feel smug about yourself and tell those lazy, entitled players looking for "easy feats" to "GIT GUD FOR YOUR FEATS!" :rolleyes:
    :p:D:p:D
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh when I said factions I didn't mean hero/villain factions, I just meant populations all off on their own running stuff with varying agendas rather than being in one group.

People would be more divided in terms of what they're wanting to do and how they're wanting to do it, not less divided.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have more of an issue with the flip flop between the 'It's group content....you should be doing it as a group' and 'do your build right and you can solo anything' discussion coming from the same people. It's akin the people who deride players for things like PvP trade wins or Omni queue fishing, yet defend swapping arts 10x a minute because 'the game allows for it'.

I think all these arguments boil down to people being able to play their own way. It just sucks that sometimes it's not the way the other people want to play. There probably is no middle ground to be had.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Once again, you break your own argument.

I'm not explain how you're doing this... again...

YES!!!! It's just that prior to the clamp... They needed less friends.

Aw, dude.... FFFFFF off. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I already have the option to queue in with whatever number I have, how would it personally benefit me to be requesting the system be added? I already added it when DI decided not to.

I mean you can dislike it all you want, but yeah....I don't need it added.

And it would be 6 other accounts in there....you do count for 1 you know. Well maybe 2 if your ego comes along.;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Actually not at all, you're not as "witty" as you think you are Con.

My post there was a compromise to another poster in this thread, it wasn't necessarily because I felt it was justified.

A targeted feat adjustment isn't necessarily done because I think it's necessary it's done as a compromise to accommodate others where they think there is seemingly some sort of legitimate issue.

Removing the clamp has a wider and demonstrably different impact on feats than taking a targeted approach and this is generally because players don't want to target 'some feats' they just want to effectively sweep the whole lot in to the 'easy basket' in one go.

Targeting feats doesn't necessarily need apply to only participatory type feats it could also apply to more skill based feats where adjustment might be warranted, I've mentioned "Stake Well Done" elsewhere in threads like this as being a potential target and that isn't because I necessarily think it's impossible, it's just because I think it could perhaps be a little more lenient.

See this is where real compromise comes in.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

No I haven't broken my own argument and respectfully Con, you can't get any less than 1 player, so if people can still solo these bounties how did they need "less friends" before when you can't beat something with "zero people".

I trust you actually have the ability to count properly?

And now you're "code" swearing at me because the irrationality of your poor argument is exposed.
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

So.... Feats are now on the table for compromise? o_O

Or just these ones mentioned?:rolleyes:

If so.... Then you really didn't counter my one sentence point with your multiple paragraphs of excuses. :cool:
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I know. I should have cropped that part. I was just saying in general to the part about everyone working together.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

No need to get personal now Reinheld ;)

An AQS system would provide you with the means to expend less resources depending on how much dead weight you felt like carrying.

But I mean respectfully, I think you've already proven my point when you reiterate the fact you're taking such extreme steps to avoid other people in what is a multiplayer video game ;)
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

I can count to one.... See my one finger?

Once again, it turns into this weird "ALL YOU ANTI-CLAMPERS JUST WANT TO SOLO THINGS. THE CLAMP IS NEEDED TO ENSURE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN... BUT, OF COURSE, YOU CAN SOLO THINGS. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE UNCLAMPED FOR THAT."

It's just circular nonsense with you.

No..... Just your blatant double standards....is just so blatant:
    THIS IS THE ARGUMENT WE HAVE BEEN MAKING... AND YOU'VE BEEN ARGUING AGAINST... FOR 197 PAGES.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You suck! I can't "multi-box" (what is was called on EQ2) that well on Xbox :(

I had to purchase a whole 2nd system/TV and move my girlfriend in with me and use hers as well :p

And we have a worse population over here :(
    #jelly
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Con, are you reading peoples posts here or not?

Everyone here who is pro clamp has time and time again agreed to targeted feat adjustments and targeted content adjustment.

It just doesn't involve removing the clamp, but it also involves a requirement that you put in some effort.

so instead of just losing your mind more widely about the fact a clamp exists, you could perhaps be more constructive and start putting forward relevant examples of content you feel is either too difficult for what it is or a feat that is rather impossible as a result of the clamp.

If you choose to do so then obviously the more evidence you can provide the better, such as a video demonstrating your attempt to obtain said feat.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I mean, open world and instanced content work differently, but it is group content - should there be an expectation that you may need a group? Yes.

But when the specific complaints of "oh it's impossible" come out, well, no, obviously it's not - and we're verifying it's not - so I don't think that's disingenuous. In the sense of a Raid, one ringer goes in and unless it's for the specific purpose of accomplishing an Elite-Raid Feat, the fact that you have one or two decent end-game build characters in there alone is turning results in those situations. Partially just by having someone there to say "hey quit pissing on the light sockets and you won't die".

Likewise with Open World and Bounties - there's a lot of stuff that becomes exponentially easier with a Group, sure, but the part of the community that got used to soloing 8 player Bounties in open world can - by and large - still do that exact thing. It's just not "Day 1 player with Crap Arts and 77 SP steamrolling Doomsday" overpowered any more, and there's even room for some of that happening still too, as long as you know what you're doing with the content in question.

So, I don't think that's a disingenuous statement to think that both of those paradigms apply, especially since it does make the work actually, functionally worthwhile to do.

Now, granted, you're not capable of solo'ing the Man-Bat because you drove a CR Skip character in there and peed on him anymore - but it can still definitely be done by someone who did the homework, which in and of itself means that the homework is now worth doing. And I don't think you could safely say the same thing a year and change ago before the clamp occurred.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

No, see this is where you've jumped to the wrong conclusion.

It isn't that I'm opposed to you soloing things, it's that I'm opposed to you doing it while undermining the content, trivializing it and ruining the experience for anyone else that might be participating just so that you can impose your will.

A person can still solo a bounty, they could still solo a raid if they wanted to spend an hour(s) in there, that's their choice, but it is possible, it's just no longer possible to do it like you're Thor on 10 tonnes of crack.

Also there's a difference between you and I, I don't generally tend to swear "at you", if ever actually, otherwise you'd have reported me I have no doubt.

As for the last comment about "This is the argument we have been making", no it's actually not the same argument. You're arguing you get to gear up and coming back and utterly over power the content through the merit of simply your gear (CR) again like Thor on 10 tonnes of crack, where as what I've just said is that you can still do this but when you do come back you still have to be methodical and reasonable about it.

You can solo things, but you're not going to ROFLstomp them.

We're actually not arguing the same things.
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

Once again... because... if you do read other people's posts... you don't really comprehend what is being said.

I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT I THOUGHT THAT THERE WERE FEATS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BECAUSE OF THE CLAMP.

Feats aren't my main focus for being against a clamp set on my character that I have played, and paid, for over a decade.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

This.
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

No... I wouldn't.

I don't offend that easily.

I'm all for an exchange of ideas... like adults.
    Adults swear. It goes with the territory.

Granted, this site doesn't really allow for that.... Concessions need to be made.

And yeah... We are different... You hide your insults behind a cloud of smug... I'm not a sniveling coward.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Then respectfully Con your opinion should be disregarded because there's no merit in an argument that just amounts to

"take the clamp away because I don't like it and you stole my stats".

I'm sorry but that's not a reasonable argument.