How Would You Rank the DCUO Raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill, May 24, 2019.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It would be easier to list the raids I flat out didn't like. Some have parts I love. Sometimes it isnt the raid but the people youre raiding with that can make or break it.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

So whats ur cr w no raids?
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Difficulty isn't everything.

I should say raids need mechanics that force certain habits.

I'd rank say, FOS 2 as 1 of the best, even above dox and nexus.

I seriously cannot see dox and nexus as legitimate raids, sorry I can't.

I liked totd but, the banned situation and how they treated it destroyed the whole experience, I personally liked the dlc and would put that under FOS 2.

I can't agree because most glitched the hell out of OC, a league got banned, the raid got adjusted, then adjusted again and again to tune it down from all the glitching because it would've been to hard for those who had the gear from glitching it.

I agree with having tough raids, however tough should not always end with KO's like HoH, no matter who you fight in the halls of basically hell, that dog was a beast, and the room with the timer, been so long done forgot the name of the boss, I have seen the wildest runs in that content alone, Super Fun, still not better than FOS 2, FOS 1, and FOS 3 but higher than OC, equal to the bat caves.

All the earlier content needed roles, the game changed after SoT and became a ghost of its past.

Hard to think of any raid that isn't exploited or exposed for being bad, people always love a raid till the next raid.
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well to be fair my experience is based on the PC side for the all the raids pre-merger and like 99% of all exploits were created and routinely abused on the PS servers only. There were no PC leagues quantum teleporting outside TOD (they were using clownbox), there were no PC players pulling the Tyrant into the spawn to kill him, there were no PC players dpsing the nexus final bosses through the doors, there were no PC players dpsing the nexus final bosses from the ledge above the doorway etc. That history is the PS side of the game, where there was plenty of "cheesing" raids on the PC side but to go as far as exploiting it was RARE.

I could certainly see how the PS experience would sour a player because I routinely spoke out against it on my old youtube channel.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So much for staying off of tangents. LOL

I have a dozen characters that I'm actively taking through tier progression, and the highest CR among them right now is 150. I take my time going through the tiers and don't run event versions of new episode content. I also spent a decent amount of time in Mark "sweet spots" (where I got good Mark returns on solo content) to get style sets off of the Rare Style vendor for a particular character (Vestments of Rage for my Rage character, for example) and the feat for the rest of the active characters.

Not all of my active characters are at 150 yet, so my plan right now is to get them all to that point and then continue with progressing through the tiers. I just wish I had remembered that my Light character is still plugging away at the Herald of the Black set off of the Rare Style vendor, because that means he might lag behind a bit (still has three Herald pieces and the next tier set to get to catch up LOL).

Technically speaking, though, I did use the free "skip to 210" option on a storage/vanity character mainly to get the spiffy new House of El suit available for unlocking on a couple of active characters, so that character actually has the highest CR. But the most I do with him and other storage/vanity characters is run them through the Vault so I really don't count them.
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Yeah, but it happened and there are plenty of people that would say they never exploited any raid as well.

I actually liked nexus, I felt that it gave a good twist to content.

League halls, HoH, totd were also great looking raids for me, I also felt that the way that in all of the raids there had to be some type of leeway for pugs and the only true challenge was getting the feats.

Personal preference is how everyone will view the raids, I am sure others will probably agree or disagree, but if looking at the raid itself, eliminating the exploits, the poor burn, and the lack of stronger mechanics with the adds, minions, sub-bosses, and boss a whole of the raids would be much better.

I would suggest maybe a more equal evaluation of the raids to judge with.

Visual arts, mechanics in the raid, raid difficulty , and rewards or some variation.

A point system for each category to determine the quality of the content.

Throwout the old information and use how they are today.

Maybe have a toon at each tier to run at tier, could be difficult but I don't see it as to bad for more seasoned players like yourself.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is where I judged it myself as when the raids were current. I can't talk about any T1-4 raid now because most of the mechanics have been nerfed after the fact like the neuro-omacs and the eye drones in the batcaves so you can't compare them currently I had to approach it from the perspective that I was back in 2012 etc running it. Also I have to account for how much a raid was bugged and not addressed and how quickly it was nerfed. I would love to have Hive/Machine/SG higher but you cannot simply say because the raids are nice because of how much they were bugged/nerfed from release.
  8. AquiloFury Committed Player

My wife has several toons in the 265+ range having only ever run one of the FOS raids when she first started and TTB(event) raid...ever...granted I have taken a couple of her toons through shattered gotham..just to get her the grim artifact...but yea..lol
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I get that it is your judgement.

It just seem to me that if it is not difficult it is not enjoyed by you.

It is your cup of tea, I was just attempting to overlook the bugs and player faults and focus solely on the raid itself.

What I am referring to is this and I will use Dox for my example to my meaning.

While it is a favorite to those that always look at difficulty as the end all to content, dox had mechanics that were pretty good, I mean having the ability to choose to face the side rooms then the boss or go straight up at the biscuits the other bosses coming out was great, however like you stated about some of the raids, from a non-comic book or a random person that never heard of or know anything about that it seems like a wasted boss.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to take down monsters, but I personally couldn't get behind a large bowling ball who's only mechanic was to roll around with the extra benefit of a jail cycle for the players, just like labyrinth, which had dps's who couldn't follow the mechanic it happened there as well.

Dox, had plenty of bugs, missing gear, and was the beginning to most of the problems the raids out now.

It is because of the inability of groups to work to complete content that is the main cause for dox, to be so bad, if one can get over the fact that at anytime the most that the group would be confronted with is what 4 npc's including the boss, unless the guy who go down because they could clip to save their own life if the best person in world actually did it for them.

If anything non should be comparable to any of the batcaves or FOS 's, if speaking strictly difficulty, it was lucky for most of these fears from anyone of them raids, it took people to be way out of tier to even earn them feats and then they would barely make it.

Most speak of the bridge, which had it's on problems, don't know how many times Warp to rally was used for the split, or the scorpion feat in FOS 1.

Unless we just want quick and easy I wouldn't even compare it to sub-construct, t4 players would barely get the speed feat or any other feat, unless with some very strong players with skill.
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For me the largest thing is not so much the difficulty its what does that raid have to offer from the others that made it enjoyable, whether it be raid mechanics or design etc. Take for example Arc Custodian in Inner we've never had a boss again like there were there are multiple sub bosses that will get absorbed depending on which ones you kill which all have unique abilities to impact the group like the Doom Spin etc. Nexus you had the boss combinations, side room mechanics, artifacts the the shield aura. Paradox it was the enrage mechanics where if you let the Ravager heal back too much you had the one shot laser that dropped a DOT on your body, the massive aoe balls from the Warrior etc. Paradox had very simple mechanics but they were the most punishing if you didn't execute them. The tyrant itself wasn't meant to be the main part of the raid it was having the tyrant and another one of the subbosses at the same time to deal with.

Bugs happen, that will always be the case because back in the day there was no test server and the devs don't play their own game, even now the two weeks we have on test server before a DLC is definitely not nearly enough time to find and fix multiple bugs and because the devs set these hard deadlines which end up costing them later. So I can't put that much weight on bugs unless they were present for the entire dlc duration.