How would you compare today's DCUO with other games?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DC Urban Committed Player

Today I was doing the halloween open world event, vastly different than DCU's open world and overall superhero experience. You had a cast of crazy creations punching, beating things with guitars, chains, swords, firing lasers, riding jets, riding tanks, riding bikes with lasers, jumping out of their vehicles, using dinosaur pets, wolf pets it was just insanity.....It was hard to tell whom had what power because there are so many, and players can alter their colors.

DCU can hold its' own compared to its' comic book competitors, namely because of DC. Outside of the three other comic titles, DC does not compare in regards to popularity. DCU is not the clear cut best comic mmo on the market.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Lol
    .I see you are over here preaching your 2% rule..let me tell you..it may not mean much on dps side of things considering the love of dps stacking..but..for support roles it means quite a ton.

A troll for instance..2% of standard end game vit is a whole tic of power. Going vice versa into power heavy is a whole tic of power return. Which most solo trolls run nowadays.

Based on feedback from several people here who for some reason. Hate modding..that extra push in power could save a wipe for the spam happy dps or healer trying to keep unmodded players verticle when **** hits the fan.

Yeah.. that 2% could mean finishing an instance..or beating ones head against a wall.
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Will I not bother you, if I leave it as it is? i mean unanswered?
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is'all good man.
    No one can force you to answer or not.
    You decide. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

Edit: I can answer on your question about where i'm playing at. I'm on PC.
  6. BƖack Dedicated Player

Right, but i had to ask anyway and Thanks!
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

What game you talking about?
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Look guys... DC is a great game. But its a small team doing what they can.

Everyone has a boss above telling them what to do.
    • Like x 2
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

Champs, whom also has a small team and bosses above. There is just a gap in quality comparing the two. If you look the game up, you can see that one of the platforms was Xbox 360, but it never happened. This was not due to an engine or Xbox 360 limitations, but disputes iirc. Not to mention other online titles using a lesser version of unreal had features DCU does not.

These engine and console excuses are inaccurate. We need to just step back and realized DCU is failing its' player base compared to titles years older than it. Champs was Xbox 360 bound? With all those features:eek: ?.....

And you can't give us layering or decent skins? CoT and SoH are using unreal and have layering. Granted this is a later version of unreal, but the $hitting on unreal is BS. DCU just makes unreal engine look limited compared to the other titles using even earlier versions.
    • Like x 1
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

For the start i apologise you for this late answer Jacob. I am reading each answer very careful but unfortunatelly i don't have much time to be on PC and reply to everybody at the same time. Yeah, I totally and honestly agree with you here, that's very similar to me.

DCUO is also my first game which kept me so long and so many years in and i need to point this out and you are very right here and about the memories too, DCUO gave me so much fun also by all these years. I have more good memories than bad ones.

DCUO won't die no matter what will happend, i believe this game will never die and i don't want this, i never wanted, but all i want is that this game was in better state than currently is to make myself want play it again as it did before. I want all these good days and memories weren't just memories and could come back. I am not against other people who still enjoy the game, tbh im glad that they still can enjoy this game, i wish i could be on their spot,
  11. BƖack Dedicated Player

Thanks for the honest answer Philosophy.
    • Like x 1
  12. BƖack Dedicated Player

DCUO doesn't have small team, currently DCUO have a great team, i mean when we compare to what we saw and happened in 2015, there was thread about Job openings at DB and there was so many as you can see on the pics below:

In 2015
    [IMG]

and now
    [IMG]

The difference is cosmic. So once again DCUO is not missing of employees as i did before.

On the contrary, DCUO has really great on that point.
    • Like x 2
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Thats actually really cool to see. But doesn't that mean they need that many people? It says there are 12 entries on one of those
  14. BƖack Dedicated Player

Well yes, but it is still better than it was before, also not everyone can be Environment Artist, FX Artist or Game Designer. These are not easy jobs, not everyone is qualified to that and it's probably really hard to find someone who really will suited to these jobs and that's probably why there is so low entries
    • Like x 2
  15. BƖack Dedicated Player

DCUO needs only one thing: more friendly Business Model.
    That's all DCUO needs, honestly.
    • Like x 3
  16. BƖack Dedicated Player

I totally agree.
    I have not had chance to play CO yet, but my friend plays it.
    From what I've heard it has a very elaborate character creation system and many movement types? ;)
  17. DC Urban Committed Player

Lets just say without the "S" emblem, you can create a much better Supermnan there than you could in DCU, go figure:confused:

I like the Hulk super jump travel power personally. I like to hop on other player's jets while they are fighting, fun times. "What is this big green guy doing on my jet?"
    • Like x 1
  18. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im back to end the conversation.

If you play Ps, dcuo is a good average while warframe and Final fantasy takes the lead.

If on Pc, dcuo doesn't stand a chance.

In 2018, black desert will be hitting xbox and eventually ps, thus new mmo console and square enix(or platinum games i think) will be releasing info on their marvel mmo.

In terms, dcuo will be facing heavy hitters coming in 2018.
    • Like x 2
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

Sounds very interesing.
  20. Tarif Committed Player

Agreed. They will be facing quite a few heavy hitters that are on the horizon. Ship of Heroes is coming... ; )
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.