How to have a more aggressive team for T5 raids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Dianna WD, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dianna WD New Player

Well... Agree. If your troll popped a SC, you don't need use any soder. But just said it because I hate when I watch heals or dps trying to save cheap soders like Remix/Zero/Next o_O

But if all the team is using the soders when possible and power bar around 50%, the dps will have more power and will do more dmg.
  2. Pew New Player

Confirming OPs analysis that spamming valuable one off supercharges and trinket cooldowns on harmless adds while doing jobs your role wasn't meant for leads to much success.
  3. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Okay, I'm going on a limb with this, but I've tried something new out, so bear with me. Orbital Strike is fine but the only thing the DPS really gets out of it is damage. I don't think the stun, root, whatever really affects the Luthors at all. With the big hit and ticks, I would get a total of 4000. Do you know what's better if you're a Fire DPS? Shock Inducer V Expert. Let's say you get near the minimum damage each time. Say, 800. The cool down time is 10 seconds. This is enough time to set things on fire again and throw Mass Detonation or Fireburst. Now, let's say you do your rotation 4 times a minute.

800 x 4 = 3200 damage per minute

It takes Orbital Strike 4 minutes to cool down before you can use it again.

3200 x 4 minutes = 12,800 using Shock Inducer instead of Orbital Strike.

12,800 - 4000 Orbital damage = 8,800 extra damage.

8,800 x 3 DPS = 26,400 extra damage...or... 8,800 x whole team = 70,400 extra damage! :eek:

And, *ahem*... 70,400 x 5 Luthors = 352,000 per raid.

Questions? Comments? Middle Fingers?
  4. Dianna WD New Player

o_O
    Use your orbital strike for aoe... Go for your invent and take it off. Easy xD

Shock Inducer doesn't aoe damage, but is ranged... Cooldown is 7 seconds, not 10 seconds.

You will use the Orbital Strike just one time and will do burst damage, and you can replace it for another trinket after kill the adds wave. For fire, you can clip Orbital with your Fiery Weapon to make it faster.

Don't you like to switch trinkets? Okay, no problem, but don't say it is bad.
  5. bedovean New Player

also when your "spamming soders" ur actually losing out on dps lolz
  6. Dianna WD New Player

Why?! o_O
  7. bedovean New Player

um....cause sodas have an animation....As HL taking a soda would result in around 1 second of not dealing damage aka around 2k dps, so spamming one every minute of an hour raid =120000 less damage, also i believe sodas should only be used if you have low health or low power, thatway if you get knocked down by a 1 hit, you are more likely to have one off cooldown to pop when you get picked up to stop you from getting killed immediatly after standing up. If you run paradox, then this is well known to happen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sumeric New Player

Umm...

Aint Nobody Got Complex Fo Dat...
  9. Dianna WD New Player

I have a HL... I really need to record I'm playing. For me and my friends pop up a soder never was a problem...

Maybe you just need to learn how to use Soders to keep up your power without lose Damage Per Second on your Hard Light.
  10. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Yeah, you do. 1 complex + 1 Metagene + 1 Catalyst = 64 Shock inducers.
    • Like x 1
  11. petvpets New Player

12. bedovean New Player

lol again people think using soda's is a skill. It is simple, u use a soda, u are not dpsing while that soda is going off....pretty simple concept. Also You cant give me enough money to use that many soda's in fact, if i use mroe then 1 stack a raid, the trolls and heals are bad. I have no problem completing these raids and i never spam like this, i also tank, heal, troll, and dps....
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Dianna just makes videos spamming power with sparring targets gicing power, a controller, supply drops and power supercharges from the controller, just to show decent damage done on a non moving or attacking sparring target. Don't expect much.
  14. Sumeric New Player

Then I'm going to humbly ask if you'd let me know where you're acquiring such an abundance of complex materials. Because the vast majority of anything being salvaged these days ends up as either simple materials or junk. I don't imagine the average player is buying them from the broker, because the prices are ridiculous these days...lol

Based your 4 rotations per minute, those 64 shock inducers would last for about 16 minutes. If you're in nexus for an average of 30-45 minutes, that's 2-3 complex materials per run (and 1250-1875 MoT) not counting any wipes and having to re-do any bosses.

I'm not discounting the merits of your approach, just pointing out that with all of the crafting of recovery kits, modding, and re-modding being done everytime someone gets a piece of gear that's so much as 1 CR higher than the last, that not everyone is exactly swimming in complex materials these days...lol
  15. Dianna WD New Player

Relax man... I will record a raid to show what I'm saying.
  16. Fools Fire Loyal Player

For months I've been trying to finish the last sets of styles I need. When I do alerts or raids I greed on everything. So, after salvaging tons of stuff I've got 4 stacks in the bank right now.

quote="Sumeric, post: 1945158, member: 904"]Based your 4 rotations per minute, those 64 shock inducers would last for about 16 minutes. If you're in nexus for an average of 30-45 minutes, that's 2-3 complex materials per run (and 1250-1875 MoT) not counting any wipes and having to re-do any bosses.[/quote]

You only use them during the first two rooms and the final Luthors. I didn't mean to imply you spam them all the time. The beginning bosses aren't worth it since the AOEs are minimal. The Robot Boss, Split Bosses, and ads are pieces of cake.

Also, you can have 100+ in a stack at a time. I think I took in a double stack today and came out with 44 left.

128 - 44 = 84 / 4 = 21 minutes they were used.
    8 minutes the first two rooms and 13 minutes for final bosses. Rough idea, have no idea of how long it really took.
    84 x 800 = 67,200 - 4000 orbital = 63,200 extra damage.
  17. Dianna WD New Player

18. FeelsGood New Player

I think the goal of this thread is more about how to beat Nexus and Paradox fast and effectively
    • Like x 1