How to have a more aggressive team for T5 raids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Dianna WD, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dianna WD New Player

Hello

This is my first topic and I'm open to suggestions.

I'm trying to help with some ideas to make our t5 raids a little smoother. I've been thinking how good trolls can make our raids really smoother. But make our power better is only a troll work?! Not in my opinion.

The main problem in some groups is how fast the boss are dying. But how to make it work better as possible?

Well... When we are trying to make our best dps builds, most of the builds are power hungry. But how all the team can make a power hungry loadout work and make it useful for all?

Use soders every minute to recover your power is ESSENTIAL!!!
    If all the team is using Soder Cola Zero every minute, will be 1240-1594 x 8 players = 9920 - 12752 more power per minute for our team.
    Orbital Strike is nice to Nexus Halls and Paradox adds. Will be nice if all the team use it.

All the team need to have Breakout Mastery Recovery to get back the power used.

DPS Build:
    Not much to talk here. Just use your soders and Supply all the time to keep up your power... A good dps need to have high Power Out numbers, not just Damage Out.
    Try to save your supercharges for aoe damage like Nexus Halls and Paradox adds.

Heal Build:
    Most of the heals in the game are always using Restoration V Expert on yellow sockets, but this mods were the best mods on T4 Instances. But why still with Pure Restoration builds if most of the time the team is getting overhealing? Yes, maybe to be a little easier heal our tanks, but more 20 Restoration per mod doesn't a big difference for your heals or shields.

My idea is: Restoration&Power V Expert. But why Restoration&Power? Is simple... If our both heals has more power on his bar, the troll power overtime will have more time to work on your power bar and your bar will fall a little slowly.

But why it will make a big difference?! More recharges for DPS is the main reason.
    If our enemies die a little faster, will be less chance to our team get any hit kill move, less power use for our heals...

Supply IV and Sidekick are nice to keep up your power bar too. But be careful when using Sidekick, coz it does not help the tanks.

Troll Build:
    I'm always watching trolls in the game using full time defense debuff or sometimes other debuffs...
    But full time debuffs make our runs smoother? Yes, sometimes yes. But not always.

When our trolls are using too much power and their bar are falling fast, they will get the recharge and our DPS will get less recharges. And if this happens, our Damage Per Second will be lower and your Defense Debuff will have a lower performance.

Remembering: You need to save power for your shields when someone die... In my opinion, 3 defense debuffs per minute is a nice number.

The main idea is: Support Roles can't have a high Power In number. And all your team need to have a high Power Out number.
  2. Dianna WD New Player

3. XODUIS Committed Player

And other roles should have Breakout Mastery and Resitance Mastery so they get power back when they breakout
    • Like x 2
  4. Dianna WD New Player

Thanks, I forgot it.
    • Like x 1
  5. XODUIS Committed Player

No problem happy to help, great info BTW
  6. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

Maybe u want to say low power out numbers, to be a spammer is not to be a good dps.
  7. Dianna WD New Player

Power Out is your power recovery... All good dps uses Soders to recover their power bar.
  8. petvpets New Player

[IMG] game isnt about DPS...

Ive kinda skimmed through this. I will say this is an iDEAL situation where everyone is friends and getting along.

So basically you are trying to justify dps power dumping all the time as you finish off each section with dont use power because the DPS wont get the recharges.. I think thats the crux of this guide NO ? more power for dps

Prepare your angus for trollers coming in here and saying they are NOT a power battery.
    • Like x 2
  9. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

K, if u mean this way, u re right.

But to point this, now I read well, every min to pop a sodas, lol we are ther to fight or to drink? :D
    Joke, I understand ur point anyway, but is not easy to have a so organized team.
    I think is already good when ppl use sodas without scream for mana or to help healer when they are revived.
    But honestly if trolls knows how to use pots, recharge and what kind of debuff to apply in the right situations, in t5 raids i don't have mana problems lately. Now ppl are around 1800 vit, so they can absolutely fill the players bar.
    But I can hv probs if they are 1800+ and they don't know how to play.
    Just to say a new league troll full t5 1800+, has discovered lately what bolt icon means... good guy, but cmon...
  10. warpax New Player

by now everone should know the Main idea
    i've done smooth raids with a not so "good" groups, and fail raids with "op" groups...ppl are opssesed with dmg numbers, and rate dps by the final number in a raid, and dont think about the efficency during the fights, positioning, dying etc. alot of them overexpose jsut to get that extra 2k added to their numbers with that consumable, and they dont think about 100-200k more healing in per raid they had to get do make that happen...they dont think healers had to waste almost full power bar to keep them alive while they do their "pro" dps stuff...all that power healer had to get for healing that could have gone to other dps and make him more efficient.
    i've seen alot of healers too braging about numbers lately, and when u look their power in, and take in consideration the overhealing they do...it's just sad.

i agree with everything you said WD, i have yet to test resto-power mods...but any other combou should be good too, like resto-hp.

alot of ppl cant or are lazy to get sodas and use few stacks in a raid. or use them when they realize their power is out, and not when it's available for use and not over heal ur power.

this is defenetly a nice look at things, and ppl should counsider it when chasing feats etc, but i doubt it will come to life on daily basis, since alot of ppl run this raids couple of times daily, and for this to work u gotta get 8ppl in group that will do just that what u listed in ur post, otherwise it wont show it's full efect on the smoothness of the raid.

i could prob say a few more things about this topic, but i think it's enough for now, cya in game
    -----------
    warpax
    • Like x 1
  11. bedovean New Player

Don't tell people to use accomplices.....they take agro from the tanks and can cause group wipes....at least for villains.
    • Like x 3
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I want you to know that not only was this thread unnecessary but beating a T5 raid doesn't require half of the effort that you think it does. Also, I might add that Orbital Strikes are a waste of space for DPS and I'll never use one over Ms.Boo. If this method works for you then that's fine, I suppose, but I don't think half of what you posted is necessary at all.

It just takes good old fashioned group chemistry and each individual knowing their role. Nothing more and nothing less.
    • Like x 5
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^^
    No Accomplices in t5 raids, but Henchmen are fine.
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Sidekicks steal aggro and Henchmen get 1-shotted. Both block the tank's pulls and they they trap the tank in spots he needs to roll out of in order to survive. If anything, a support role could run one in case the Tank goes down. It should also be noted that any friendly NPC can be the target of an AoE attack in Nexus, which sometimes gets other allies killed depending on where the pet/sidekick was.
    • Like x 1
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Tank here I hate the backups and I don't understand why people run with them.

They either die instantly or they block me from rolling when I need to, or block me from pulling.

Seasonal pets along with watchers should be the only pets needed.
    • Like x 2
  16. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I think you ll pay the dps if you want to make them use soder when they power bar is at half just to use it always. Soder need to be used only if the troll have some problem to keep up with power or if they die, reviving people and when you need health especially after being revived but if you use it before how will you use it when it will be needed.
    If you think the restoration V exp aren't needed resto & prec would be better to go faster and long fight is hard to troll. I don't understand what you say with troll because if troll spam recharge and just put a defense debuff they ll be for sur low in power and if the troll get the recharge instead of 1 other role he ll be able to give 1 more recharge to 2 other player and the other troll ...
    One thing I could agree isn't posted here and it is take a troll SC in tank role I did it in T4 with my tank and that was really helpfull and it would be even better now with the vita on gear.
    Everyone should have supply for sure but what is important is not have one, it's say it on mic and as much as possible people will take it and you wouldn't see two supply at the same time.
  17. Dianna WD New Player

Restoration&Health V Expert is a nice mod... For me, one of the best, but is a safe build. I like it ^^
    • Like x 1
  18. Dianna WD New Player

Well, agree... The main idea is power for dps. But the topic is about an aggressive team build. Look, if you try to find the best HL build or other dps build, you will see what I'm saying. The best dps builds are power hungry.

And man, all the team need to help the trolls with power. If you look the others dps posting or look the Power Out of the dps on your raids, you will see their power out around 5-15k... And it's low!

I only tried to show some ideas to make your raids smoother on power and a little easier to your dps does more dmg.
    If you don't know, Ravanger(paradox boss) only does his special atk after 5 minutes fighting.
    If you don't know, Nexus last boss only does his special atk if their hologram recover his supercharge. If you kill the holograms very fast, you will not see any special atk.

Is so cheap make packs of Zero and Next soders. What's the problem in use it on raids?!

Don't need to be all friends to do it. Is an individual work. You don't to be friend of the group to pop up Remix/Zero/Next soders, is cheap and will make your raid smoother on power.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

I get that soders replenish power, but why use them "every minute?" How about using them when needed? If your troller just popped a SC before your soder went off CD, why not save the soder? Or maybe you are just suggesting using soders more than you may normally think to? o_O
  20. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I wouldnt say aggressive, more like efficient team.
    • Like x 1