How to get MoTs the quickest and easiest way?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Batgirl, Dec 2, 2014.

1. The Batgirl New Player

I think that for myself, it would be the Temple of Isis (4 players) that would be the easiest and fastest way of earning ToVs and converting them into MoTs. Is there another way to earn more MoTs faster? Thanks! :D
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

I just read your other post on obtaining T2 gear so my question is....Why are you so much in a rush? Take your time and enjoy the game and, most importantly, learn your role. Don't be in such a rush to get to the endgame content as it will be there waiting for you. I'm not telling you how to play but it will benefit you to take your time and enjoy the game.
    • Like x 10
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You're correct in hitting up your OnDuty tab for the most marks.

Arenas and Legends are PvP and will earn you PvP marks ... don't convert them. You'll want to keep those marks for the PvP gear (people might come on and complain that PvP gear is worthless at the moment, but not only will you need the feats for collecting it, PvP gear will help you in duels and in PvP open world ... and who knows if they'll eventually change arena stat clamping to make that PvP gear more valuable).

All the other instances (except events and General alerts) will earn you PvE marks. That's MoT until you hit the newest content. What earns you the most PvE marks are the instances with more people.
    • Raids (8 player) will give you more than Alerts (4 player) which will give you more than Duos, which will give you more than solos which will give you more than solo missions which will give you more than levelling missions.
    • Instances and missions that are higher tier reward more marks.
    • Instances that have the yellow star box by them will award a daily bonus box with an item and extra marks.
    • You can get a monthly award box from some instances that will also give you an item and extra marks.
    • Instances reset daily, except raids. Raids reset on Thursday mornings.
    Keep your batteries charged on your mainframe to make sure the mainframe mods are effective for your stats, but don't bother with spending marks on boosts until you've got marks to spare (usually around T5), because those expire.
    • Like x 1
  4. Impulsively Committed Player

Raids. Get all of the monthly bonuses. Once you run out of those, if you don't want to spend any replay badges, go through the alerts and get your weekly bonuses. After those are exhausted, you've still got your duos and soloes to grind through.

After all of that is exhausted, feel free to convert your PVP marks. But the conversion rate on them makes it sort of unproductive to use that as your primary means of getting marks after the first tier of endgame.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChuckLess New Player

Converting MoV's to MoT is NOT the best way at all. If you want MoT, play PVE.
  6. The Batgirl New Player

Ah, you're right! I just really wanted a part of the T2 gear, it just gets me excited. But you are correct. I should definitely take my time and take it slow. And of course, have fun. Haha, I made a fool out of myself. Thanks so much for putting sense into me. xD :D
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Protip: Run the content.
    Each tier you go grants more marks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

With T2, make sure you run your South Gotham missions as well as your on duty stuff. It's an easy 15 marks for three of the the missions, and if you're lucky you might get a chance to help take down a Sub-Avatar, which is another 5 marks and a chance at a piece of gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Batgirl New Player

Ok, great! I'll keep in mind for that. I tried defeating the Sub-Avatar with another toon, he was really difficult to defeat and we couldn't do it, haha. But thanks! :D
  10. ChuckLess New Player

Still, to this day, hands down, my favorite part of this game.
    • Like x 2
  11. DCUController New Player

see there's stryker, arkham walkins (T3 alerts BTW) net 220 MoT with weekly, 125 w/o weekly

there's also the sub avatar missions is 20-25 MoTs a day for those, IDK where it is on hero's side but on villain side its in meta wing by R&D at a console.

there's the CC bounties that net 10 marks per bounty daily.

doing those daily you can get a few pieces of T2 lol

Im not 100% but I think you can do the arkham/stryker walkins daily too for 125 marks ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUController New Player

but again don't forget those feats :p
  13. The Batgirl New Player

I won't! ;)
  14. The Batgirl New Player

Thanks so much! And 125 marks daily for the Arkham/Stryker Walkins!? Where is that in Gotham?
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

She didn't own up to it, but my guess was that she's on the wants the T2 batgirl vendor gear ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUController New Player

arkham is in gotham at arkham asylum, and stryker is at strykers island in metropolis
    • Like x 1
  17. The Batgirl New Player

Ok, thanks! Are these missions on when I click on "J"?
  18. Sergeant States New Player

I thought they did away with walk-ins? Or am I wrong?
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUController New Player

they did of regular walkins but those 2 instance can still be walked into, I have walked into them on a fresh level 30 before :p to power level it when I was going through powers trying new powers to switch my main to a new power lol

the T5 duo's are also walk in-able as well
    • Like x 2
  20. DCUController New Player

oh their not missions, you kinda just have to go to them via open world lol

use your map to set a way-point to arkham or strykers, and there will be a entrance for said instance. You may want to take a 2nd person with you as well as doing it at level 30 or T1 can be kinda hard lol
    • Like x 1