How to Encourage 2 of each role in Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Pults Loyal Player

Not going to read every comment but I would like to apologize for any duplicate ideas (if I write any).

Support roles in general require more maintence and here's why.
    >Solos, duos and alerts are mostly done by DPS you're at an disatvantage if you try to do a support role build and leave DPS as an off-role or due to time limitation decide not to maintain a DPS role.

>Gearing two sets for both DPS and your support role takes twice as much effort as only building a good DPS set.

>Support roles due to the 1 role per raid require to excel at their role, you need all the best mods, all the extra base supplies, stat boosting soders elc.

>Due to having up to 5 DPS per instance some can half-*** their task whilst as a support you still need to do the task without any major mistakes.

>To be a good sport you need WM (troll, heal) otherwise you can't maintain a low power usage and enough SP to obtain all required crits which totals to roughly 120 skill points. For a DPS build you need about 10 SP to get your job done throughout T1 to T7.

tl;dr Once the fundementals are brough to Dev attention we can continue with group buffs elc. Support roles in general are less useful, require more maintence, and for most players require to build two sets of armour and double the amount of mods.

A few solutions I propose is having unified gear for PvE, if PvP has it I don't see why PvE can't have it.
    Gear mods should be seperate from gear, you install them on your character rather than a piece of gear you'll replace soon enough.
    Granting players not one but two free armories.
    • Like x 1
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

+1. And overall make them easier to play. With the generation of players who have joined since powerback AMs. Add them to support. Heals provide powerback am for healer.

Tanking moves provide powerback for tanks.

Stuns and debuffs provide powerback for trolls.

Kiss. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Also known as streamlining.