How to Encourage 2 of each role in Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't want 2 tanks in anything anymore. Far too difficult to get multiple tanks if you have none in-house to choose from. 4 years of neglect and imbalance between classes has taken its toll on Tanks and they just aren't around.
    • Like x 1
  2. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Well an idea like this would be the acknowledgment Tanks, even healers and sadly now Controllers need.
    • Like x 1
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

i dont know maybe because its a role based game. also why reward all these dps that have the burn of a match instead of lava? sorry but half the dps are not dps.
    • Like x 5
  4. just an honest dps New Player

you just set unrealistic standards
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

for kiddie land sure but a good ol MMO? nah
    • Like x 1
  6. just an honest dps New Player

smh. ignorance is bliss i suppose
  7. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Really want this idea now that the community has moved towards solo trolling officially making this DPSUO

I always cared for two healers and why not considering their powersets have the group damage buffs.

There was a brief period were 3 trolls caught on which was beautiful, freeing the role to control the battlefield in so many ways from roots, stuns, knockbacks, transfiguration, pulls, panics, pushes, encasements etc without any complaints

Some ppl will call two tanks redundant but since they added a stronger single target taunt i never saw the harm. especially in overwhelming content.
  8. VariableFire Loyal Player

Give me back the WM Melee damage as it was before the PVP nerf and I'll take two tanks.
  9. ArtOfFreak Well-Known Player

If they do something like this then there should be NO MORE overwriting of powers for us players. How is there going to be an extra P.O.T. out there without overwriting the troll?
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Devils Advocate but why do you need 2 of every role?

If people can do a raid faster with 1 of any specific role then they will. Extra Heals/CC/Tanking don't kill mobs, Damage does. If you want to encourage 2 of each role then buffs isn't the way to do it. Boosts to dropped treasure/rewards is the only way because that's why people play...for the loot.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

5-1-1-1 generally takes longer to run unless your clearly overgeared and then IT SCREWS OVER HOW MANY POWERS? your a healer? NATURE? for dps we all know the best damaging power back powers on live are the ones used and the rest are passed over. seems kinda dumb 2 me.

I KNOW IF I AM DPSING WE NEED A 4TH BUT IF I REACH OUT TO ANY BURNER I KNOW 3 IS KEY BECAUSE THOSE FELLAS ARE ACTUAL DPS. 2 not 3 dps took out nexus when nexus was new and hard. one of the 2 had less than 60 skill points.
    because of this ill stay with

REAL BURN AND FAST RUNS ARE SECURED BY REAL DPS THAT BURN NOT AN EXTRA GUY. i know as a dps i feel like such a loser every single time a 4th dps enters the group. power gets low and its on the dps. healer dies and its on the dps. tank should never die but as he does its the dps. what ever is missing is hidding as a 4th or 5th dps over there.

as a 3 year vet 4 dps seems like you need to have a talk with your group. so dps your powers have alt roles and since you cant burn a gasoline soaked brown bag you might wanna try that role out awhile. LETS BE HONEST ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF THE DPS SHOULD BE DPH. damage per hour lol they are bad. (i am that guy so i am not being mean) those players spending more time as a healer or troll allows them experience. through this maybe they learn a role they can play and all the while can begin to actually do damage. there was a time when a high skill pointed troll could lead the leader boards.
    • Like x 1
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Who care's how long someone has been playing. i've been around on and off since lighting strikes. Fact is more dps is more damage and thats why people run it. Want it to be different then offer incentives to make it different that people care about and that's loot. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Nothing like running a raid with 5 mediocre DPS (Or 2 good ones carrying the other 3) while having to constantly wipe because the group doesn't want an extra Healer, Controller or Tank.
    Those runs usually take longer than a 2-2-2-2 run due to the constant wiping.
    Hope the devs make a raid where (similar to ToTD) one person gets randomly teleported to a room specific to their role, leaving the group without said role while the player clears his/her room.
    For example:
    A troller gets teleported to a room where he has to CC some adds so certain environmental hazard (or another NPC being controlled by the enemies) kills them.
    Tank gets teleported to a room where he has to pull all adds to a fire pit or something similar that damages the adds but doesn't damage the tank.
    Healer gets teleported to a room that shields the healer and he has to heal a bunch of NPCs while they kill some enemies or keep them alive while they activate cogs as you heal a DoT (poison) damage placed on them (like LoLS gas room).
    A DPS can get teleported to a room where he has to pew pew stuff while shielded by an NPC, then activate a cog or some other mechanic to "train" some DPSs to pay attention to everything around them, not just their cooldowns and crits.
    That way groups would run with more than just DPSs and their babysitter/slaves and would teach players some mechanics they usually neglect due to people carrying them or pampering them because they're "OP" or compet.. ugh, couldn't even say that word, lol.
    • Like x 2
  14. Real2TM Well-Known Player

I have read way too many of these threads and you're the first one to actually make 10000000% sense in an idea to improve the gameplay. This would still allow players to set up raids however they want but if they want the extra buffs, they can run with 2 of every role. Definitely +1
    • Like x 2
  15. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Additional thanks for your support.
    • Like x 1
  16. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Well there are boosts for missing a role, i just think a boost for being balanced should also be encouraged.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

What game have you been playing lately?

All of the powersets (DPS wise) have an AM which provides power back, only one real power (that I can think of off the top of my head) can out damage its AM with weapon mastery. The only time youre truly going to have a DPS with severe power consumption would be the WM DPS'.
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what they need to do is more DPS' you have less DMG is actually dealt to the boss ;)

so running 2 2 2 2 will actually be faster then a 5 1 1 1
    • Like x 1
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

there is no more over writing for DoTs, HoTs, or PoT

read up on things please ppl :confused:
  20. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

?multiple pots can be up?