How much do you care about stat points in this era of dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You’re already awarded, that’s the point, you’re just not able to have the overwhelming advantage that people are asking for. There’s already enough separation within the player base as it is
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sure, go ahead and bury your head in the sand and pretend the Devs haven't engineered this game to push players to end game as fast as possible. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Shhh, that's a detail, and those aren't important. Things like having to actively fight the game at times to NOT advance quickly in CR get in the way of some arguments. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If that was remotely true people wouldn't have been pleading with the Devs back in Tier 4-5 for them to make skill points matter more.

Also, then as well as now, skilled players made underperforming powers look good. Skill points then and Artifacts now can help those players, but it's their actual skills that do the heavy lifting.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

People were saying that before revamp and artifacts. There's nothing new about this argument or request. It was weak then and it's even weaker now.
    • Like x 1
  6. xenothelm Active Player

One of my biggest pet peeves is players who think their SP is a free pass to ignore mechanics. Nope, you still need to pay attention to cogs and skulls and damage fields and blocking and everything else that exists right above your loadout bar. Tunnelvision kills, y'all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People were just complaining about how the cr advance was a bad decision because there wasn’t enough sp given with the token, but now theyre a non factor all of a sudden , ok.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Exactly, I was hearing this same thing before revamp, The only thing changed is that people can throw their grief towards another system in the game, that being artifacts
    • Like x 1
  9. Balton hero Committed Player

Didn't say they didn't. Still is a choice.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

I think that SP's are good as they are, we just need less of them implemented and attached to cashgrabs such as TC's and what not to stop the rampant inflation of them. They just need to work on portals or some form of alternate means of smaller party-Ques for older content so that people who actually want to grind for existing feats and SP can actually do so in otherwise abandoned content. If anything, the Artifact system is the big bad in putting players at a disadvantage.

The Artifact-system has become way too flawed, imbalanced and expensive, with the "free" route taking so long that when ones finally maxed out artifact through months upon months of grinding leaps a huge risk of becoming irrelevant with the continous push of the new hotness-artifact every episode or what not. Meanwhile, actual Combat-related updates that we used to have on a somewhat regular basis have become near extinct....

The system in its current state needs to be readjusted before it continues to break the overall balance of the game's contents, powersets and playstyles to the point of no return. We had a Combat-related revamp to restore balance, the entire Artifact-system has made all that work moot at this point.
  11. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As others have mentioned, this is a conversation that has been going on since almost the day the game began.

The DEVS have said that as long as you are +/- 10% of your CR in skill points, you will be fine. To my mind, as long as you can light up your necessary crits to 100 SP , you are fine, no matter what your CR is.

Beyond that, I think it is up to the individual player. Some like grinding after every skill point, some want only the minimum necessary and others are in between. Play as you like and enjoy the game.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they wanted to make SP matter more all they would need to do is lower the stats on gear across the board. Should be more simple than rebalancing the whole game again. I personally would be against this though. There's already a big enough wedge between people who play and people who occasionally log on.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No...it's not a choice. There have been several threads where players were asking the Devs to slow down the rapid CR advancement because they literally can't slow down their progress no matter how hard they try. The only way you can make a "choice" to not advance is to not play the content at all. That's not exactly a choice now is it? o_O
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's either don't play content or severely limit what you play and what you choose for rewards. It's one of the reasons why I dislike scaling gear boxes and the move towards them as rewards so much, as opening one can push you out of a CR range even trying.

Gonna be tougher to avoid them as I get closer to endgame, though.
    • Like x 1
  15. Balton hero Committed Player

Please. You act like players don't have a choice in using gear or using the cr token(which is what I originally referred to before you, as you habitually do, brought up a tangential straw man argument that has nothing to do with what I said). Spend some extra time at a cr, get your sp points, THEN move on. It's really not as complicated as you're making it out to be. Yes, the devs have made it (arguably too) easy to progress in CR, and only made that worse with the CR skip tokens, but ultimately, the PLAYERS choose to progress in CR without progressing in SP. So yes, those of us who DIDN'T rush to endgame should be significantly stronger because we spent the time getting our sp that others didn't. Save your asinine conspiracy theories for someone who cares.
  16. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I was hoping to see the powers and weapons trees expanded to include special bonuses you unlock through skill points. basically all the stuff we get from artifacts. some powers and weapon attacks would get damage buffs, specialty power interactions that tie powers and weapons together, control effect buffs, allow for special pets, nature would have gotten additional forms to change into.

would have made feat hunting more desirable.

i do still like feat hunting for my toons but its obvious skill points dont do much after you hit certain numbers.
  18. AV Loyal Player

Horrible/pointless troll attempt. On topic, however, Prec generally has to spec into both Prec and Might to max DPS output, making it a lot squishier in Elite at the best of times (it's the glass cannon build of the game). Might, since it can spec into Health and due to being in general tankier, gets to keep DPSing and shrug off a lot of the stuff at high SP that instagibs Prec or low SP players in general.... which is something it can't really do when a player is missing a huge % of the SP they should have. Regardless, OP wasn't referring exclusively to Might, nor was the specific response to which you were replying...

Does a player need high SP? No. Will they be noticeably better with high SP? Absolutely, especially when things aren't going perfectly and in Elite content in general. At low SP, a Prec is losing a ton of damage, a Might is as squishy as a Prec and has to drop some damage to stay alive when they normally wouldn't have to (dead DPS tend to not hit very hard), and supports are just weaker in general. Your argument is that secondary stats don't matter, which is simply untrue for every role/power; Missing Prec, Might, Health, or secondary stats equivalent to up ~4 episodes worth of CR progression is non-trivial. Just because things are doable for a lowest common denominator in an MMO (which is MMO standard) doesn't mean the lowest common denominator is magically god-tier. If someone just has the bare minimum, they're fine by definition... It will, generally, work... Doesn't mean they aren't gonna feel the difference between 300 SP and 522 in Elite content.

Relevant question: Do you even do Elite content? Only asking because your signature suggests you don't and if you're only referring to Regular content then, yes, obviously more SP wouldn't matter.... but that's because Regular is "gimme" content essentially on par with Event mode minus the group buffs/debuffs and you virtually have to try to fail it for anything to go wrong, so it's not even worth discussing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

spot on, that extra health makes a big difference, especially for melee builds
    • Like x 2
  20. xenothelm Active Player

I really wish this attitude would go away. It’s not like you can walk into any of the current episode raids with no SP and expect to have an easy time... Thank god SP doesn’t show up on inspect or we’d have sone arbitrary number determining how good someone is at their role.