How many skittles is that?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlyceNefarios, Oct 8, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

hope you enjoy the stealth material ^^ it looks realy awesome. have fun with it ^^
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah it really is one of the coolest materials next to the phoenix.
    • Like x 2
  3. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Absolutely. It is just an aura. I hope this isn't going to be the way of the future... only be able to get the nicest stuff for 5kq.
    Oh, the Ghostly Aura dropped for me today.. that's Free! Yes, keep it. It looks like crap.
    • Like x 2
  4. OhSicks Well-Known Player

You are probably right about opening a large number would give a better drop amount. I'd think that the best option would be to open a large number as fast as possible. The RNG is based in a computer system, so "Random" is a subjective term. Computers are never truly random, the "Random" calculation is based in the clock and so to get a rare item, open as many as you can as fast as you can to try to hit the "lucky" number. Opening one at a time over an extended period would most likely actually lower chances of getting a good drop. I'd like to be able to remove the animation and the drop window so I could open the TC's faster to improve the likelihood of rares.
    • Like x 1
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

really...i like the ghost aura...especially on my 'mysterious" sorc and celes toons...think i got it marketplace...bought it with real money...happy with it however i got it...thats just me though i guess
    • Like x 2
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

almost everything on there bypasses premiums cap of 2k as well.

so if you aren't legendary screw you, basically.
    • Like x 1
  7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

lol we all like different stuff :D
  8. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

lol
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The alternative is to not give ideas and leave it up to them and hope to Zod they lean more towards Stealth/Opalescent Material and a whole lot less towards Blue Smoke Material.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep mentioning those two $15 Aura bundles, which I agree, were a incredibly much better deal. Yet they didn't do so well. Yes, I know, you'll trot out the "we don't know their financials" etc. This is true, but we are all capable of making educated guesses, and can easily see that it must not have been a success if it was abandoned so promptly. The same way that we can see that Time Capsules have been a success for them, since they haven't stopped those yet (on top of Mepps relaying that they have been successful). People didn't fully support the progression free, RNG free, guaranteed for all of your toons $15 Aura boxes...but despite the protests here in the forums, people are supporting Time Capsules.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would say: if you are not happy with TC's and the vendor, the only thing you can do is giving suggestions how to make them better in a way you could accept them maybe in the future. so i made a suggestion to be able to choose at first wich box you want (gear, emblems or collection) to get rid of one layer of RNG. well, we will see what happens, but at least i got a response to it: "interesting idea* from one in charge. i hope it will not end in the same way they "implemented" the vendor suggestion though...
    • Like x 4
  12. Shadow Force Committed Player

Premiums can buy 7 days unlimited cash and escrow.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

There's a lot of pretty stuff that would look really good on one of my toons and they should all be lowered in prices. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The latest look I got at the moment is opalescent mat on riddler stained t shirt and wrath sneakers and stealth mat on the jean pants style. With phoenix mat on the fighter's faux hair.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

the latest TC is completed. all auras collected, feats done (exept some 0pt's), i would say half keys used were from the event, half was buyed on the MP, rest was buyed without keys on the broker (i love and i hate to play the broker minigame). anyways: i got nowhere near as much quarks, i could buy either the stealth nor the opalescent box... well, of course the calculation is that for those, i would be expected to now buy additional keys and use the quarks option a lot. however: it would take around 10x as many keys as i would have needed for completing the TC. and even though it is compelling to open more TC's for the quarks, i guess i will pass for now, wait for the next TC's following and hope there is nothing that i want even more in the future (same expenssive or worse) in the vendor, untill maybe someday i will get enough quarks just by opening those TC's i need for completion, and maybe, just maybe i will support the game with a little extra keys buyed (though i absolutely despise this system as a whole and i hope it will not be successfull, therefore i will not participate and spend any money for it... but buying keys is the only way to support the game besides of replay spamming and the membership costs. i rather spamm some replays, occasionally, instead of participating into the gambling way of support IMHO)
  16. kreepitcute New Player

Could you post a pic? Would love to see :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. recoil Committed Player

last two sentences of that statement would be nice actually. let's keep our fingers crossed on stuff for like maybe 300-1,000 quarks. just as a side note only thing i really recently cared about capsule wise was the wings of sin style. wouldn't mind if they put those in the space time vendor for say 300-500 capsules as long as it's not rotated out like all the other stuff.
    • Like x 1
  19. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

yes, 300-1000q would seem more reasonable. Or, okay, if they insist in making some items really difficult to get, then maybe 2k for those ones. That's still a lot of Quarks.
    Incredible to consider that they first put those items on for 15k!
    I bought a stack of TCs for the first time the other day, 20 from MP. It was fun opening them, and the return was pretty good, including 8 gear items, and about 400q. I guess that's how they figure it: a dozen TC packs will get you maybe 5kq.
    I won't be buying anymore though, it was just a one time thing. I don't have that sort of $ to spend very often.
  20. recoil Committed Player

i know the feeling. subs up in a month and i WON'T be renewing, i can't. i've been unemployed for a month or two and nobodies hiring. really wish they'd consider that or at least raise the stabilizers to like one a day for free players, 2 for premiums, and 3 for subs. that and maybe make the stabilizer event a solo affair. most people i run it with in dps pretend like i'm not even there.
    • Like x 1